Sled prices falling large ?

528rick

On 4/1/2024 at 10:25 AM, scottyr said:

Is that Jens old sled?  

Nope. Between health issues and snow issues, their 2021 VR1s have almost no mileage, and being 650s, Woodzy isn't worried about owning them out of warranty. Like many, many they are shifting their recreational $$$$ to other areas. Looks like Yamaha is getting out a year too late, but better now than later. 

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

My local Yamaha dealer apparently spring checked more Yamaha sleds for 2025 than St Onge I heard

Thats not a surprise based on the #s I am hearing that St Onge did.    

That being said, there were still SRXs available as of last Thursday and they were only building 998 of them.    

On 2/29/2024 at 8:48 AM, MXZMike said:

700 is a lot.. That's not going to move unless it's 3-5K off and I doubt they can do that.  Add in the new sleds they have to buy for the fall and it could get interesting.. Some dealer may not have the cash on hand to be able to buy their allotment for this year.

From what a few posted each dealer is expected to buy X amount of sleds.

Mike

Look at Arctic Cat starting in 2018. They had a surplus of new non-currents up to 4 years old. They put up huge rebates and sold them all. I purchased a 2016 AC Lynx for my wife in 2019. $8600 retail and I paid $4500 BRAND NEW.  Then sold it during covid for $7500..lol.  The dealers will get support from the manufactures or they'll lose the dealers. Stay tuned but a new sled for $4k off list is coming (again).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Look at Arctic Cat starting in 2018. They had a surplus of new non-currents up to 4 years old. They put up huge rebates and sold them all. I purchased a 2016 AC Lynx for my wife in 2019. $8600 retail and I paid $4500 BRAND NEW.  Then sold it during covid for $7500..lol.  The dealers will get support from the manufactures or they'll lose the dealers. Stay tuned but a new sled for $4k off list is coming (again).

I got more than that off my 23

• Like 2

yup, sit tight - the massive rebates are on their way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

yup, sit tight - the massive rebates are on their way.

I hope you right. Our local Polaris dealer still has lots of 2024's in stock including three xcr's (cancelled snow checks) Never sold them last I checked. 

New sleds arent going to be more money in the fall than they are today.    Once the manufacturers wipe the tears and/or puke off their desks after seeing Snow Check orders they will have no choice but to heavily rebate non-currents.    

I was told 2nd hand, but by someone in the Powersports Business that the Polaris dealer in Sudbury has well over 200 new 2023/2024 sleds in stock right now.    They will need some serious assistance to get rid of those or they will risk going broke.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, scottyr said:

New sleds arent going to be more money in the fall than they are today.    Once the manufacturers wipe the tears and/or puke off their desks after seeing Snow Check orders they will have no choice but to heavily rebate non-currents.    

I was told 2nd hand, but by someone in the Powersports Business that the Polaris dealer in Sudbury has well over 200 new 2023/2024 sleds in stock right now.    They will need some serious assistance to get rid of those or they will risk going broke.   

Confirmed

On 4/1/2024 at 11:51 PM, scottyr said:

That sled has been for sale since last fall.     The decals are not the correct ones for the machine.    My spidey sense is telling me there is a story about that sled.   

Apparently - that is a sign of it having had a wrap on it.

They strip all the OEM decals off and put on ... those ... things ....

I really don't git it ....

So then, when they go to sell, they either have to find someone that thinks that wrap is kewl or they need to take it off and sell with no decals, or fetch new ones again.

Can't say how many times I see a sled for sale.

1 yr old

Laundry list of aftermarket shtuff they bolted onto it

Don't forget the really kewl wrap!

400 miles

$5000 in aftermarket BS and they got 400 miles on it...

I jist don't git it....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I hope you right. Our local Polaris dealer still has lots of 2024's in stock including three xcr's (cancelled snow checks) Never sold them last I checked. 

They have to move them to make room for the new models or take yamaha's lead. I can't see doo, poo, or cat getting out of the sled biz anytime soon. 

From experience, the best time get a new non-current is early fall, before or after the show.  For some reason, I've seen good deals but never seen the best deals during the show.  BTW,you're gonna love the XCR :)

How is this for a deal?   Not sure if this is some type of April Fools joke?

https://sudburyyamaha.ca/en/Snowmobile/adid/31183921/2024-Yamaha-SRViper-L-TX-GT-Sudbury-ON/

Waiting for Farmer to say that he might offer them $8K and see if they take it.   LOL.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, scottyr said:

How is this for a deal?   Not sure if this is some type of April Fools joke?

https://sudburyyamaha.ca/en/Snowmobile/adid/31183921/2024-Yamaha-SRViper-L-TX-GT-Sudbury-ON/

Waiting for Farmer to say that he might offer them $8K and see if they take it.   LOL.   

I wonder if they would take my 02 Skidoo 600 Gt w 25000 km on a trade?  It should be worth about $2000.

If thats not April fools, somebody is getting serious about moving inventory.

• Haha 1

I talked to a guy in Sudbury a few mins ago and those prices are legit. 

$17200 out the door for a Sidewinder.  

• Like 3

The dealers can't afford to take a non stop bath - esp. when the manu's force units down their throats.

The manu's need to step in and assist or there will be NO dealer network to peddle their stuff anymore.

Banks will not finance these dealers forever either.

The bubble is about to burst.

Affordability along with a horrible winter is likely what the sport needed to be honest

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

But those same dealers made out like bandits for the last 3 years too

Most of the smart ones know that they are going to give some of that money back over the next couple of years.    

3 hours ago, Dave K said:

I wonder if they would take my 02 Skidoo 600 Gt w 25000 km on a trade?  It should be worth about $2000.

If thats not April fools, somebody is getting serious about moving inventory.

Nope they won't give you squat for it. Get a better deal without it 😀.  

• Haha 1

Sounds like opportunity for some 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 9:32 PM, scottyr said:

Thats not a surprise based on the #s I am hearing that St Onge did.    

That being said, there were still SRXs available as of last Thursday and they were only building 998 of them.    

How bad are the St. Once Numbers?  

4 hours ago, MXZMike said:

How bad are the St. Once Numbers?  

I know and its not my place to say, but they are not as bad as people are saying.    I know of several dealers that were down 80-90% from last years #s.  

5 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I know and its not my place to say, but they are not as bad as people are saying.    I know of several dealers that were down 80-90% from last years #s.  

Well, its un-realistic to think people need new sleds every year - and given the last few winters - even every few - and 1st time buyers I bet you could count on one hand - so that doesn't surprise me at all.

31 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Well, its un-realistic to think people need new sleds every year - and given the last few winters - even every few - and 1st time buyers I bet you could count on one hand - so that doesn't surprise me at all.

However, needing and wanting are two very different things lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Maybe they come up with one monthly payment and you can trade sled in April and get a new atv. Come late fall they take atv back and give you a new sled.  Would be a clever idea.