Clean Fuel Standard

signfan

That sticker doesn't look too new from here.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

This is new 93 blend that’s e free now. 
Regular v power that is rated at 91 has e in it. Select sites are getting this new fuel. Thank-you! 
Shell. 

Correct on the 93 e-free with Shell.

1 hour ago, Ox said:

That sticker doesn't look too new from here.

Ya, that is the old sticker we have seen on shell pumps for years - most places they are now gone.

But sounds like they now offer a new bland of 93 with no E.

Not sure how they are doing that though - I always thought the shell gas stations had two gasoline tanks in the ground, one with regular (bronze) and one with 91. Regular (bronze) had E, silver was a mix of both gasolines, so half the E in it and 91 had no E.

I am thinking this fuel also has E - nothing stating it does not on Shell website and based on regulations, it is supposed too.

Just a higher grade to compete with Sunoco/Petro Ultar 94, IMO......that has always had E in it.

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/drivers/my-fuels/shell-v-power-nitro-plus-premium-gasoline.html

3 hours ago, stoney said:

I am thinking this fuel also has E - nothing stating it does not on Shell website and based on regulations, it is supposed too.

Just a higher grade to compete with Sunoco/Petro Ultar 94, IMO......that has always had E in it.

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/drivers/my-fuels/shell-v-power-nitro-plus-premium-gasoline.html

Funny thing is those stickers weren’t there before they had old stickers by each grade button. It was 91 and now saying it’s 93. I guess,  I have to do fuel to water test to verify. It seemed there was a loop hole in regs to allow some stations to sell this 93 e free fuel for race cars across Canada. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I do test and report back 😎

• Like 1

Apparently since last year there were some pretty big changes that went under the radar. Regulation forced companies to increase ethanol in gas. Every premium octane out there now has 10% ethanol in it, Shell included.Jan 11, 2023

Man you think stickers would come off pumps then! 🤷🏽‍♂️

A marina close to me sells unbranded regular marine fuel with no ethanol.  There is no stations on Simcoe or Couchiching with high test fuel.

On the Trent System at Big Chute they are selling unbranded mid grade ethanol free marine gas and no other gasoline with any other octane ratings. 
In Georgian Bay there is a mixed mash of stations with everything you can imagine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some interesting info about the whole theory and its problems. Remember, the climate change crisis mongers only have a theory it does not mean they are factually correct. These two clips are not meant to inflame or enrage merely to inform. They are both very insightful and for any real world gains we need to be able to discuss the inevitable pros and cons of our approaches. Yes, approaches, there is no one single solution to any problem

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, crispy said:

Some interesting info about the whole theory and its problems. Remember, the climate change crisis mongers only have a theory it does not mean they are factually correct. These two clips are not meant to inflame or enrage merely to inform. They are both very insightful and for any real world gains we need to be able to discuss the inevitable pros and cons of our approaches. Yes, approaches, there is no one single solution to any problem

Not everyone wants to be informed Crispy. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Not everyone wants to be informed Crispy. 

An the "informed" feel informed because they got their information from the CBC..............:)

• Like 1

I am seeing more and more whistle blowing news reports on this subject recently.

And I am actually talking about mainstream MSN news!

Don't know what CNN is dooing, but the "con" side of the debate seems to be gaining .... steam. 

Point being that the "NOT" side is starting to get some press time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW. Quarter Mile gas station on Curve Lake(Buckhorn) still shows no ethanol on their high test.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 8:40 PM, volunteer2 said:

I did hear the other day the fuel at the Wolf is advertised as E free. Big signs apparently 

IMG_2297.thumb.jpeg.9f00a6248bfa6616b27191d75f16a55c.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. They're a regular source of our fuel (Hwy 400).

Oddly, never 'felt the love' further north, at the Petro Canada south of Parry Sound. Drama with trailer parking (yes/no? For the day; overnight? Even had to park in a secluded 'Park n Ride' in the vicinity one year. Not like the old days at that Petro Canada station).

Wolf Energy (Exit: Iroquois Cranberry Growers Drive) expanded last summer. Our go to for northern gas.