Another sled through the ice

WinderFab

Another sled down yesterday resulting in a death in Seguin.. stay off the ice guys and girls.

• Sad 2

Oastler lake.. 29 year old female from Sudbury 

I don't have ANY ice on my pond currently.

Shirley you gotta go a long ways N before it is safe!

It really is sad to hear of these each year, people making poor decisions - which I know I have been that person too, just lucky to still be here to admit to it.

As I see emails today from my kids school reminding parents to pick up their kids after school because buses are cancelled (no buses running all day - been mentioned many times since yesterday afternoon, it makes me think of this - have we come to the point where we really need to be reminded of such things like picking up our kids, staying off the ice, etc....kind of sad. 

• Like 2

So true and things like this you never want to hear but this happened at night in the dark, like really what was she thinking?

16 hours ago, WinderFab said:

So true and things like this you never want to hear but this happened at night in the dark, like really what was she thinking?

Maybe she made it previous night 🤔
I have taken some risks too. The one on six Mile lake looks like those two fellows were crossing an open channel. In hail not in common to see someone entering head lake near centre of town and jumping river mouth to get to solid ice on other side. I seen a few high school kids come out of school and do it too. Feel sorry for people that have to rescue these distressed preventable situations. 

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Maybe she made it previous night 🤔
I have taken some risks too. The one on six Mile lake looks like those two fellows were crossing an open channel. In hail not in common to see someone entering head lake near centre of town and jumping river mouth to get to solid ice on other side. I seen a few high school kids come out of school and do it too. Feel sorry for people that have to rescue these distressed preventable situations. 

I think you should get your facts straight before using your index finger to print untrue information. The 2 men involved  at Six Mile Lake were 58 and 59 years old and the OPP had this to say:

Police in Georgian Bay are still investigating after a snowmobile trip turned fatal over the weekend, with the riders falling through a frozen lake.

OPP say two men were snowmobiling over Six Mile Lake in the Muskoka area on Sunday when the ice started to break away beneath them.

• Thanks 2

Sad news indeed…

My Dad mentioned to me just yesterday that his buddy watched 2 guys ride out of penetang harbour over to Beausoleil island. Said they “seemed to have made it” 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just makes you wonder sometimes.

First heard this from Grandson's bus driver yesterday. He said she was the nurse-practitioner from Britt. If true it's a 

huge loss for the area.

Very sad regardless, my condolences to her family

She worked as a nurse at our hospital.

• Sad 1