Jump to content

NL -Cochrane - Hearst March 13-16


ecarnell
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

might see you up there, We are heading up today till Monday. If you see my sled wave me down. I got a bunch of Polaris Goodies to give away.

Lol 

Of course you are giving them away, who would pay for that stuff?🤪

 

Up till Monday also. We  both are on the  matching shorties, this weekend.

 

Her's

 

 

tigre2.jpg

 

Mine

 

tigre.jpg

 

 

Wave us down if you see us. I'll let you try mine!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lastzrt said:

Lol 

Of course you are giving them away, who would pay for that stuff?🤪

 

Up till Monday also. We  both are on the  matching shorties, this weekend.

 

Her's

 

 

tigre2.jpg

 

Mine

 

tigre.jpg

 

 

Wave us down if you see us. I'll let you try mine!

Thought you might be taking Greg when I saw the cutter pic..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any updates from Cochrane to Hearst would be greatly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never got further west than Moonbeam.   Some bare spots but minimal.  Around Remi Lake was great and minimal traffic.  In fact all the branch trails were good, it was mainly the A trail that had the bare areas.

 

 Make sure you have scratchers for the morning, saw one blown up 850 Doo.   I kept my scratchers down the entire time, 1,100+kms.   Did manage to hook one while crossing a rail track and pulled it straight.

 

brian

 

 

66967534086__5AECC108-FA0C-4D40-BF43-022DB755D549.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Proxrider said:

Any updates from Cochrane to Hearst would be greatly appreciated.

I’m in hearst, the loops around hearst are in good condition and it’s snowing up here right now. Yesterday was warm so they took a hit conditions wise, roads are toast and into the hotels is getting thin. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Nunz.  I'm guessing A Trail will see alot of traffic again this weekend but a little snow and some colder weather should help out.  Trying to decide on a trip up mid week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Proxrider said:

Thanks Nunz.  I'm guessing A Trail will see alot of traffic again this weekend but a little snow and some colder weather should help out.  Trying to decide on a trip up mid week.

Honestly drive the extra and go right to hearst that’s the consensus from everyone up here 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anyone is thinking about heading away but doesnt want to drive to Hearst, Val D'or got 6" last night.  

 

This was just posted on FB.  

 

 

2596FF88-2259-4455-8396-EAE2E98AC102.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its pretty cold up there until mid next week.   I bet the groomers are out for one last run before the temps are too warm.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i see on face plant,lac fallion anounced as of yesterday,there done for the season..thats the problem.  Lots of day loops for sure out of val'dor,hopefully they continue to groom.i think that must be a 4 or 5hr drive from north bay?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackjack1 said:

i see on face plant,lac fallion anounced as of yesterday,there done for the season..thats the problem.  Lots of day loops for sure out of val'dor,hopefully they continue to groom.i think that must be a 4 or 5hr drive from north bay?

About 4.5 hours drive 👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Ville Marie has closed their trails.    I generally leave my truck in VM and head towards VD from there.

 

I think some buddies of mine are heading to VD tomorrow.    I already told them not to even ask me to go ask I will just get mad because I cant go.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Never got further west than Moonbeam.   Some bare spots but minimal.  Around Remi Lake was great and minimal traffic.  In fact all the branch trails were good, it was mainly the A trail that had the bare areas.

 

 Make sure you have scratchers for the morning, saw one blown up 850 Doo.   I kept my scratchers down the entire time, 1,100+kms.   Did manage to hook one while crossing a rail track and pulled it straight.

 

brian

 

 

66967534086__5AECC108-FA0C-4D40-BF43-022DB755D549.jpeg

 

learned not to leave them down going across tracks. they will make it over, or do what yours did, only to snap at the bend a few klicks down the trail. the hard snap they get hitting the steel, makes them brittle, and they will break very soon after hitting an rr track. sorry for your luck. Ski

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, lastzrt said:

Smooth rock closed all trails this am for reasons unknown yet

Should be a challenge getting back to Cochrane from the west if your rig is there

 

Read that there was an opp investigation due to a serious accident. No idea what happened, just from what I've seen on 705 sleds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the PBR F/B page
 
this is what I think happened, there was a hill that would be able to pick your skis up if you went fast enough, with a gnarly divot at the bottom. So I think he picked his skis up and hit the divot then sent him into the trees, sled was mangled.
 
 
 
  • Like
     
  •  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More updates from anyone up there this week would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just got back from 3 days of riding in the Hearst area, Trails coming into Hearst are getting a little beat up but holding up, The loops around Hearst are amazing condition and looks like there is quite a bit of snow in the forecast coming this week. We rode to Hornepayne on Saturday and it was not too bad but very icy, scratchers are a must as they hadnt gotten the fresh snow. 

We never went east of Mattice so can't comment on the conditions out that way. Hope this helps

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Proxrider said:

More updates from anyone up there this week would be appreciated.

They are still grooming Cochrane, Iroquois Falls A trail.

We were never west of Moonbeam and rode very good trails the last three days. 

Get up and ride!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...