Southern Sno Riders

yamadan700

4 hours ago, snowcowboy22 said:

I help out this local club. Don’t want to see people disappointed trailering in. The trails are far from our usual standards. With zero frost in the ground,  goal was to let the sleds pack it a bit along with groomers and hopefully more snow would follow. Unfortunately Mother Nature looks like she is going give us rain instead.   Locals haven’t got many miles down here in last few years. Some of them made up for that this afternoon.  

Thank-you for update. Usually when it is open all way to Kitchener, the trails in your area are typically good. Been about 5 winters since whole system has been open. Hopefully next month we will get more cold and snow. How much snow is on ground at moment? 

29 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

:blink:

Screenshot_20201227-112721_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can't really have high expectations on trails that are listed as limited when it is the first snowfall with zero frost in the ground. I understand why they opened, because you could safely ride at that time. 

If we keep trails unavailable in hopes for more cold and snow, people will lose out on a riding chances locally.

And here we are again with a warm up, not unheard of for that area of the banana belt. Local permit buyers are hopefully are happy after a boxing day shakedown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did about 200kms today before they went red. Need to pressure wash the sled to get the mud off from one particularly bad bush.  But was happy to scratch the itch.

• Like 3

We dropped in Tillsonburg this morning.... all I can say is thank goodness for a malfunction!(not on my end) Wasn’t terrible first thing but boy did it turn to mush pretty quick!! Couldn’t imagine how mucksy things would have been by this aft!!

Got a nice new blanket here in port Sydney taking out the 154 at daylight 

• Like 2

Snow in sudbury

10 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

Snow in Muskokee!

Of course turned to rain +1!

About 3 in here overnight

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soupkids said:

Thanks for the report Soup. I count on the information gleaned from this forum. Since I joined this forum there is no one's info that has more positively influenced my trip decision making. Five or six successful group trips out of the Sudbury area over the past three years have happened because we listened to your reports. Also went to other destinations when you advised against Suds. Keep the faith. Keep the reports coming and the best to you in 2021.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tricky said:

Thanks for the report Soup. I count on the information gleaned from this forum. Since I joined this forum there is no one's info that has more positively influenced my trip decision making. Five or six successful group trips out of the Sudbury area over the past three years have happened because we listened to your reports. Also went to other destinations when you advised against Suds. Keep the faith. Keep the reports coming and the best to you in 2021.

Thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, soupkids said:

That what SHE said! :rotflmao:

Sorry, Soup. I just couldn't help it. 

Thanks for the reports...