Snow ?

soupkids

16 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

F-all at the cottage - f-all ice - f-all snow - solid start! :(

You need to broaden your horizons......the place that Blake rode is only about 45 minutes north of you!

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

You need to broaden your horizons......the place that Blake rode is only about 45 minutes north of you!

Yes, but I won't hesitate to ride on roads, if they're well covered in ice and snow. Not everyone is interested in that.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, stoney said:

Have actually done that a bunch of times - we even stopped in South River on our way home from New Liskeard one year, un-loaded at the rink and rode all afternoon!

No issues going anywhere - it's the TIME I don't have - I need convenience at the moment :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Have actually done that a bunch of times - we even stopped in South River on our way home from New Liskeard one year, un-loaded at the rink and rode all afternoon!

No issues going anywhere - it's the TIME I don't have - I need convenience at the moment :)

Lol, don't we all!

I am sure it is great to be able to toot around from the parents place with no trailering nonsense, especially when you have the kids involved too.

18 hours ago, Blake G said:

Yes, but I won't hesitate to ride on roads, if they're well covered in ice and snow. Not everyone is interested in that.

This is something that some of us used to do just to get out and scratch that itch in Dec, when there were opportunities......but that interest has dwindled.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blake G said:

Me too, I will do that all day if I have to - when we get good early dumps of snow - I try to head out and beat the plows if I can.

Here is my son with me in December of 2016 - lots of snow cover on this municipally maintained road. :)

Sledding.JPG

• Like 5

Road running we say.   Good memories we talk about but won't happen ever again down here.  Can't remember the last time we got out before the plows. We were just talking about that with our buddy's son ( now that we are planning trips ) and when we were his age we were able to do it. That was 30 plus years ago   what a sport. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Road running we say.   Good memories we talk about but won't happen ever again down here.  Can't remember the last time we got out before the plows. We were just talking about that with our buddy's son ( now that we are planning trips ) and when we were his age we were able to do it. That was 30 plus years ago   what a sport. 

Plow goes past my house between 5-6 am. I'm not going to beat that.  Mind you, it usually doesn't come after lunch, so sometimes road is good after supper

• Like 1

I see Polar Bear riders are up to 78 km. of trail open. Sure hope they get more opened before the Christmas riders get there or it will be a busy brown loop.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

From Timmins SC Facebook page this morning:

We have been getting a lot of question about snow depth in Timmins. Here is our current snow depth. Although we have had some good cold weather and things are freezing nicely we need snow!
We have tried packing some small sections but do not have enough snow to work with to fill in ditches, cover rocks etc.

snow depth.jpg

Northeast US got dumped on with snow. Billingham New York had 40 inches of snow and it was still coming down yesterday. New York Central Park had about 10 inches.

20 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Northeast US got dumped on with snow. Billingham New York had 40 inches of snow and it was still coming down yesterday. New York Central Park had about 10 inches.

This does me no good lol.

• Like 1

I see that 35 km of the A trail west of Kap is yellow now for a total of 114 km. now available.

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

I seen they had help from the City of Kapuskasing.  Great job by all...

I saw that to but its not open through town where they fixed the ditch just out to the west. Your trail is still closed.

Ramsomair, not sure if this will help you or not lol but I seen pics of guys riding over the weekend on seasonal roads just north of north bay and snow was pretty deep

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Binghampton N.Y.!

Hopefully we can get a sudden snow fall too

If it can happen there it can happen here.

• Like 1