Snow ?

soupkids

Next week's forecast for Bancroft

Screenshot_20201219-235004_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b5c4db47c45c4599814082f5bab7c846.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2020 at 3:51 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Shouldn't be too many there, if province locks down Dec 26..  right? B)

All hotels remain open in the grey zone read the regulations. Westway is sold out for pretty much the entire holidays. You just can't go out to eat or shop anywhere, trails are more than ok. Same as ski hills, walking trials etc. Looks like NBay and area should be open soon, plus there is a major storm hitting Wed-Fri this week up north, so things should be good. I hope everyone goes to NBay instead of Cochrane. We went last year Jan 1-3 and we had 60km of moguls from SRFalls back to Cochrane, my back and legs are still sore...lol

OFSC will likely close all trails and cease all grooming during this lockdown just like they did back in March. Especially bad at this time as Northern clubs are packing trails and flooding river crossings in preparation for the season. Hopefully this doesn’t set back trails from opening beyond the end the the lockdown, assuming it will ever end.

But hey, at least we’ll get that $50 off next years permit.....

26 minutes ago, sinc71 said:

OFSC will likely close all trails and cease all grooming during this lockdown just like they did back in March. Especially bad at this time as Northern clubs are packing trails and flooding river crossings in preparation for the season. Hopefully this doesn’t set back trails from opening beyond the end the the lockdown, assuming it will ever end.

But hey, at least we’ll get that $50 off next years permit.....

I don't think you read the fine print regarding the $50.00 rebate:

For the bonus to apply, such closure would have to occur before February 16, 2021 and continue for the remainder of the season. 

Trails may be closed and grooming may stop but that doesn't necessarily mean that the clubs could not still flood and pack trails. jmho

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, common sense would say continue with trail prep work however I don’t have much faith that any common sense will prevail in any of tomorrow’s government and subsequent OFSC announcements. I suspect the OFSC will prohibit clubs and their volunteers from doing any trail work during the lockdown period.

10 minutes ago, sinc71 said:

Yes, common sense would say continue with trail prep work however I don’t have much faith that any common sense will prevail in any of tomorrow’s government and subsequent OFSC announcements. I suspect the OFSC will prohibit clubs and their volunteers from doing any trail work during the lockdown period.

The OFSC can control what is done with the groomers and anything permit dollars pay for but I'm not sure they have any authority over what work club volunteers do other than they control the insurance covering the volunteers. Maybe someone here has some info. on that.

10 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Not happy about this tonight.  :sorry:...

Nothing to be happy about .... 

14 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

so in other word "we haven't a clue"

Written by Trudope!

supposed to be +10C for the next 3 days just to the west of some of you guys, it is coming to you as well. sorry, not sorry :D Ski

6 hours ago, skidooboy said:

supposed to be +10C for the next 3 days just to the west of some of you guys, it is coming to you as well. sorry, not sorry :D Ski

Plus 5 forecasted for Christmas eve.....that you know will end up closer to 10 in a few days.....:banghead:

But then back to seasonal for a bit....for now.

So, drove by Keswick side of Simcoe and saw some sled tracks on the lake....:crazy:

The other day last week, saw the first fishing hut (portable) as well.

Cooks bay should be primed and ready for the New Year!!

On 12/20/2020 at 10:28 PM, Turbo Doo said:

This will be a kick in the teeth...

Screenshot_20201220-222723_Weather Network.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaand have you looked at the forecast for Cochrane in the last 10 min? Nowhere close to that anymore. What a frickin joke the TWN is.

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Agreed. And back when there was the 1918 pandemic,  it was controlled better also..B)

I think 50 mill. died in 1918/20-1.7 mill. so far-4 people I know!

• Like 2

On 12/21/2020 at 2:47 PM, stoney said:

Plus 5 forecasted for Christmas eve.....that you know will end up closer to 10 in a few days.....:banghead:

But then back to seasonal for a bit....for now.

My rink made 4-5" of ice in 2 days, you never know.