Restaurant near New Liskeard on Highway 11

Spanky

We are driving/trailering to NAI in Cochrane this Friday, and would like to stop along Highway 11 for supper, possibly somewhere near New Liskeard or slightly north.  Never having driven by vehicle this far north before, I'd prefer to stay close to the highway.  Any suggestions?

Gillies truck stop in New Liskeard..or the Rock Pine Motel at Marten River are both good choices. Both on Highway 11.

Thanks Nunz!  Just checked out their website, looks awesome.

See you at NAI!!

24 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Gillies truck stop in New Liskeard..or the Rock Pine Motel at Marten River are both good choices. Both on Highway 11.

×2 on Gilli's. Cheese factory just north of new liskeard in Thornloe is a must stop too. Mmmm cheese curds. :cheers:

Gilles.

Good food quick service.

Also Zantes in NL.  Better food and atmosphere than Gillies, maybe not as quick, though.

Never eaten @ Zante's, but have no complaints about Gilli's. SJ isn't giving Gilli's full marks because he finds it hard to locate ;-)

Thanks guys!

Did nobody's mom teach them how to make sandwiches? FFS. I suppose if you prefer to be sitting wasting time for an hour or so....the best travelling time is during lunch time - everyone is off the road, at restaurants, out of your way. Snow plow drivers too - avoid that long lineup staring at the flashing blue light.....

Coming soon, to Slomo's FFS YouTube channel:

FFS - Make a Sandwich.

Followed by:

FFS - Do you have a rhooom?

On 12/31/2016 at 5:28 AM, slomo said:

Did nobody's mom teach them how to make sandwiches? FFS. I suppose if you prefer to be sitting wasting time for an hour or so....the best travelling time is during lunch time - everyone is off the road, at restaurants, out of your way. Snow plow drivers too - avoid that long lineup staring at the flashing blue light.....

a wrap works better no crumbs 

When I'm travelling north on 11 during the summer, the snow plow turn arounds are handy to pull off & have a snack in the trailer. Might not be a great during the winter though. 

On 12/31/2016 at 11:21 AM, Canuck said:

Coming soon, to Slomo's FFS YouTube channel:

FFS - Make a Sandwich.

Followed by:

FFS - Do you have a rhooom?

Followed by:

FFS - Does your dowg bite ?

1 hour ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

Followed by:

FFS - Does your dowg bite ?

Followed by:

FFS- that's not my dawg!

Too funny. Some great advice regarding Hwy 11 New Liskeard - and more.

Thanks for the recommendations for Gilli's, we stopped there Friday on the way to Cochrane for supper, and for breakfast today on the way back home.

Archived