Barrie news said they were going to open up 200 km of trails this weekend

dedge68

That would make for a great weekend

If trails are open, I am going to head down one day after work, next week. Hopefully, the trails will be smooth after all the weekend traffic.

38 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Can you just imagine the jokers and azzhats out..:lol::rotflmao:

I wouldn't touch those trails with a 10 foot crocodile ... gonna be idgit city over there ....

Its funny you should mention azzhats!

I was just coming back from Barrie to Alliston along Baxter Road, County Road 21 where the trail has been closed going north to hookup to the Hydro Line and Angus and what to my amazement did I see was some donk  on a sled weaving and bobbing down the trail along the side of the road heading east. The packer had been out but there couldn't have been more than an inch of packed snow at best. Dirt and grass showing through. To top it off he didn't have a pass on his windshield. Not saying he didn't have one but it sure wasn't visible.

Doesn't really matter he's a donk and should be awarded a "stupid " pin!

It's too bad a few donks spoil it for the owners of the land we ride on, the ethical riders and the volunteers who work tirelessly to keep the trails alive.

Time to start shaming these inconsiderate, self centered riders.

Yup unfortunately it will never stop. There is always going to be that one or several asshats going on closed trails and on private property. Was out at our warming shack a few days ago on the Seguin trail at the seguin river bridge past orrville and while doing some work on the shack what do we see but an asshat on his sled going by us. I drove my truck up to the nippissing rd intersection and walked in 500 feet were there is a water hole and sure enough asshat went through the 30' of water hole to go past that lol. Mind you when I went through last years water hole the trail was open for me lol :) 

IMG_1596.JPG

1 hour ago, gobills said:

So did you guys help him out of the water??

Of course we did, after giving him the gears first...lol

16 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Of course we did, after giving him the gears first...lol

I was told there was a trail around it too. :lol:

I hear Wasaga Beach area is grooming too. Tons of lake effect snow up there before the dumping on Sunday night. I hear 45cm has landed in areas around wasaga/Collingwood!!!

3 hours ago, Team2UP said:

Its funny you should mention azzhats!

I was just coming back from Barrie to Alliston along Baxter Road, County Road 21 where the trail has been closed going north to hookup to the Hydro Line and Angus and what to my amazement did I see was some donk  on a sled weaving and bobbing down the trail along the side of the road heading east. The packer had been out but there couldn't have been more than an inch of packed snow at best. Dirt and grass showing through. To top it off he didn't have a pass on his windshield. Not saying he didn't have one but it sure wasn't visible.

Doesn't really matter he's a donk and should be awarded a "stupid " pin!

It's too bad a few donks spoil it for the owners of the land we ride on, the ethical riders and the volunteers who work tirelessly to keep the trails alive.

Time to start shaming these inconsiderate, self centered riders.

I agree.... so how about a social media solution where those with common sense post pictures of idiots doing things like riding in wheat fields or on closed trails and let the community see them for what they are.

It used to work when small stores accepted personal cheques. If your cheque bounced it was put up on the wall behind the register with a big NSF on it and your name.

2 hours ago, AdamGamble said:

Ground isn't frozen can't see Barrie opening up 

There's a lot of sand around Wasaga so it should be relatively dry after the dry summer we had.

That's great news, hopefully we got some compensation for last year from mother of Nature.

be nice to get barrie to midland open

Went out past orrville to the nippissing rd intersection of the seguin trail to walk in to the culvert to clear it out around 430 and it just started snowing real good then was and still is a whiteout out there. As well never fails passed an asshat on the trail with their sled. 

1 hour ago, white dragon said:

be nice to get barrie to midland open

Hmm, I wonder if the cows are gone yet? There was an electric fence just north of Emlvale were the trail leaves the Rail line and enters private property. 

Hovering over a decision to book Halliburton forest for a day ride on Saturday (I know it'll be rutted out by 11am and iced out corners, rocks, traffic azzhats lol) but been procrastinating since that ctv news report about Sno Voyager trails this weekend. (Also would assume less than awesome condition if they did pop open) as everyone on here knows Halliburton doesn't like to do refunds lol. 

Archived