New Years Ride

Nunz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

For some reason today I am going crazy about the upcoming season.. God I cannot wait for SNOWWW.....

I hear ya....I've been on the every sled and tourism site planning and watching sled videos like crazy..

its a disease Gentlemen!

6 hours ago, Nunz said:

I hear ya....I've been on the every sled and tourism site planning and watching sled videos like crazy..

You're not alone! As far as I know there is only one cure... snow.

29 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

You're not alone! As far as I know there is only one cure... snow.

I thought the only cure is more cowbell!

I haven't even got my sleds home yet.

Hoping to go up to our camp for New Years again but this time I'll take the sleds. Didn't last year and we got walloped with 40+ the night before.

I remember that.

Good times. Good food. Good friends.

Remembered to bring my "new" sled.

On 18/11/2016 at 2:20 PM, capster59 said:

its a disease Gentlemen!

Yes Nunz and a lot of others on here have the S.T.D, Sled Tourism Disease. There is no known cure for it but are a lot of remedies to help with the symptoms such as doing the snow/cold dancing naked in the front yard, Going to the north pole for a early sled trip stopping in to see Santa to give him your list in person, or..

Be sure to consult your family physician before taking on such rigorous symptom relief.

My neighbours threatened to call police for the naked snow dance on the front lawn. I moved it inside to the living room and damn if they still aren't happy. They want the me to pull the drapes closed now. Such intolerance. One neighbour said something about old man junk and being blind.

I've been doing sled prep a tiny bit at a time so that I get to visit from time to time. Most everything is done but now that it's turned cold I was inspired to go mount the GPS on the handlebars... just had to sit on the sled to do it. Vrooom vroom.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, got a favour to ask anyone heading to Cochrane or Kap to ride on the coming weekend.  I'm wanting to order a set of running board protector strips, that slide up or clip onto the rounded edge of the running board. I can't justify spending $45 to order from Royal Distributing  for $21 worth of product.  

Would someone mind picking up a set of Yellow strips & I'll pay them back when you get up here .... we know everyone loves going to Royal ..... :D

If you want a set I can pick them up and send them to you.

Thanks Soup, got a volunteer that's coming up next week .... faster than Purolator .lol !  ... appreciate the offer !

On November 17, 2016 at 8:38 PM, soupkids said:

I bet different.

100 lb chocolate lab.

Just need a grand touring and the dog will happy sit in the front and hang its paws on steering arm. Seen just this about 4 winters ago, was a lab as well. Issue solved and dog was supper happy :)

Booked at westway 1st till the 4th. Pumped! :cheers:

Just a heads up for anyone that may have booked at the NAI this weekend...Nunz has asked me to put a post up here, I just got off the phone with him, he just arrived in Cochrane.  There has been a disagreement between the owner and management, and the management have left the premises.  The management has been very accomodating and helpful to Nunz and myself.  The current owner is on his way from Sudbury, but they aren't sure what will be available (probably no restaurant).  The heated garage is also apparently not available.  The whole situation doesn't sound very positive.

Nunz was able to cancel our reservations, and found us accomodations at the Thriftlodge in town.  I understand the Westway is also a good spot to stay.

Just a heads up...Hate to see anyone drive all that distance to walk into a s***show.  Nunz I owe you a cold brewski my friend!

15 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Attaboy Nunz. You probably saved a lot of people a lot of grief by putting out this news cast.

He certainly did.  Class act, I am looking forward to buying him a drink at the restaurant in the Thriftlodge.

Is Nunz at the thriftlodge now as well? 

Glad I didn't book at that place. Westway for the win! 

16 minutes ago, reevester said:

Is Nunz at the thriftlodge now as well?

Yes, he and his group have booked there tonight, I believe for New Years Eve they have booked into Hearst somewhere, and are returning the following day to the Thriftlodge.

15 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Yes, he and his group have booked there tonight, I believe for New Years Eve they have booked into Hearst somewhere, and are returning the following day to the Thriftlodge.

Yeah I'm chatting with him now. :cheers:

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

He certainly did.  Class act, I am looking forward to buying him a drink at the restaurant in the Thriftlodge.

That Nunz is a class act.  Pretty sure that's why he rides a POLARIS!!! right WD

Seriously I'm glad you guys were able to get a place elsewhere.  That could have been a real train wreck.

Have fun everyone and be safe

IMG_3897.JPG

30 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

That Nunz is a class act.  Pretty sure that's why he rides a POLARIS!!! right WD

Seriously I'm glad you guys were able to get a place elsewhere.  That could have been a real train wreck.

Have fun everyone and be safe

IMG_3897.JPG

Must be a different guy I know then because I got stood up yesterday when I went to fix his helmet for him. Work sucks eh Nunz lol

Archived