New Years Ride

Nunz

Thanks everyone we are in safe and sound and just got back from a nice ride on the Everley loop, trails are mint!! 

We are staying here for 2 nights then heading with the group to hearst for New Years then back for Cochrane on Sunday. Heading home Monday!! 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Thanks everyone we are in safe and sound and just got back from a nice ride on the Everley loop, trails are mint!! 

We are staying here for 2 nights then heading with the group to hearst for New Years then back for Cochrane on Sunday. Heading home Monday!! 

Good to hear Nunz!  What trails are the Everly Loop?

Will meet you and your gang for a drink tomorrow night.

14 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Yup.. Just like the Westways sign says, The Best Way is The Westway.....

Can't beat the Tim's right beside you in the morning and gas a cross the street. Beer store close too. :cheers:

We would have considered the Westway, but our gang is couples and much prefer a restaurant bar and grill on site.

3 hours ago, Spanky said:

Good to hear Nunz!  What trails are the Everly Loop?

Will meet you and your gang for a drink tomorrow night.

I'll let Mrs Nunz show you where we've been today and tomorrow, I'm kinda of map and directionally challenged. Lol. I just ride and get pointed which way at the intersections..  see you tomorrow night buddy!! Have a safe trip north

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post a update to our problems from our New Year's ride, Turns out my sled had a jackshaft bearing go which I didn't realize at the time and continued to drive it, Once the machine actually got the point of not driving it and Denis had helped us get it to Hearst then Cochrane I had it dropped off at Rickward's Polaris and after them diagnosing what was the issue turns out there was a lot of damage done to the sled to the point the tunnel and heat exchanger had melted. Between Polaris and Rickward's and myself it has been resolved that the Pro X is being in essence traded in and they are assisting me in the Purchase of a new 2017 Polaris Assault which I will be picking up Friday am.

Very disappointing that a one year old sled had such a massive failure but thankfully they have stepped up and looked after it. I will post pics after the weekend as my brother and I are heading off to Mattawa for the weekend.

WOW, never thought a jackshaft bearing issue could cause that much damage. Congrats on the new sled, good to see that Polaris stepped up.

I can understand the reasoning behind the trade in. It would cost more to repair your sled than to buy a new one on sale. I have heard Rickward's is a good place to deal as are some other Poo dealers that come to mind. Good for you that Poo stepped up to the plate as well. Just goes to show that a key $50.00 bearing in the right circumstances can cause in excess of $10,000.00 damage. Could happen to any manufacturer. Are any bearing manufacturers listening or do they care?

I was just thinking about this Nunz.  Any thought as to what your plans will be for next season ?  Keep what you have or move on ?

Gotta wonder if it would have been less had we done the switch right in the Opaz Gas parking lot .......

37 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I was just thinking about this Nunz.  Any thought as to what your plans will be for next season ?  Keep what you have or move on ?

Gotta wonder if it would have been less had we done the switch right in the Opaz Gas parking lot .......

Just bought a new 2017 Assault, will keep it for this year and next till warranty runs out. I've thought about that a few times but it's one of those what if situations and I am treating it as a lesson learned.

Thanks again for your help and advice.

3 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

WOW, never thought a jackshaft bearing issue could cause that much damage. Congrats on the new sled, good to see that Polaris stepped up.

and the dealer.... My Ford dealer has a sign up... all Fords are created equal.... it's the dealership that makes the difference.

Kind of why when I find someone I can trust to take care of me and my needs I stick with them even if I sometimes pay just a little bit more. Peace of mind knowing they are there when needed.

If I ever go to the Poo dark side I will keep Rick Wards in mind and let Poo riders know about Nunz's experience.

Archived