OC Optimists to Cochrane Mar 28 - Apr 1 (Mon to Fri) ?

Blake G

These guys don't look too worried.

attachicon.gif2016-03-30 18.19.23.jpg

Anybody riding with the white haired ponytail wearing dude should be worried at all times.  :huh:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody riding with the white haired ponytail wearing dude should be worried at all times.  :huh:

Don't be worried! Just know you'll get there quick and have alot of laughs doing it. Lol

Don't be worried! Just know you'll get there quick and have alot of laughs doing it. Lol

I know eh! 

These guys don't look too worried.

2016-03-30 18.19.23.jpg

Not too stressed out, are they ... lol.!!!

Even with fresh snow I have a felling the volunteers are burnt out and ready to shut er down so to speak. I give them credit and thanks for all the hard work they have done throughout the province in this somewhat dismal season. 

I was visiting a friend in Timmins during the spring of '96. We had a really good winter down here that winter. My friend wasn't a sledder said his co-workers that rode parked their sleds even though there was still a lot of snow on the ground. They had run out of new places to ride.

I left the Westway Motel and went for a brief ride on Monday, March 28, shortly after 5:00 p.m.

I give the Polar Bear Riders a lot of credit for persevering with low snow conditions. As you can see in the video, there are a lot of bare patches around town. Things improve as you move outward. In the video I rode west on Trail A, turned around and returned toward town, then turned south on A106C past the North Adventure Inn . The video is a bit long, at 15 minutes, but I wanted to provide an accurate account of the in-town trail conditions.

As was mentioned earlier, the Polar Bear Riders went out grooming again this evening.

Imagine what they could do with a little fresh snow. Let's hope for minimal rain on Wednesday.

PS: Reliable sources rode up the A103 today, and reported four inches of newly fallen snow.

Great video Blake!! You went by where wifey broke down whaaaaaaaaa, lol

I stand corrected. Facebook tells me they may reopen some of the trails that have been closed. Have fun dudes!

I stand corrected. Facebook tells me they may reopen some of the trails that have been closed. Have fun dudes!

Can't wait to see what you post April 1st. :-P

Fingers crossed for some snow your way, guys. Enjoy!

I tend to run out of gas money mid march !!!

I can't seem to find this on Facebook.

Accept my friend request and I will help you sir.

Blake I'll tag u on it in fb

This may be my last video for now - - Everyone is likely getting tired of them, and their usefulness will be questionable as trail conditions change.

This is from this morning. It's the farthest south we traveled by sled - - we turned around because we were starting to feel the occasional rain drop.

post-22473-0-50272000-1459390716_thumb.jpg

From the FB posts from the Polar Bear Club it looks like the area lost a lot of snow last night.  I would say barring a major storm, its done up there for the season.  

I got inna Dodge this morning, and left Sledunk in good hands: OntarioF7, Chandos Rob, White Dragon, Bill the Magician, and Billy 2. I know those guys will find lots of snow.

When I got in my truck White Dragon was standing outside in his pjs having a smoke. I guess he was giving the others guys a bit of a head start.

We had a great ride today to the Canyon and back.  The rain did make the trails near town much skinnier but the farther north that we went, the better the snow conditions became.  There were still some bare spots and corners, but just typical spring conditions.

The snow that was supposed to start around 10 AM (according to the forecast when we left), did not start until we were almost back at the hotel.  However it is snowing steadily now and we are supposed to get about 7 cm.  Tonight is supposed to get colder and tomorrow and Saturday has highs of -3 and -6 with lows of -12 and -18.  Riding should be good all weekend.

If you are sitting on the fence, jump off and get up here.

Glad you guys had a great spring ride.

Thank you very much for all of you who made it up to Cochrane.

Sledjunk and OntarioF7, it was a pleasure to ride with you yesterday - - and every other day too. 

Sorry I wasn't able to hang around to attend the Plumber and Concrete Workers' Convention.

Ride safely.

So Doris26 and I are looking at doing a day trip to Timmins on Saturday. We're thinking of maybe having supper with the likes of you guys in Cochrane on the way back home. Nothing certain, we're just talking ....

Anyone still gonna be there by Saturday evening?

Looks like the weather let me down again this weekend.  Oh well, its been like this all winter.  However, with cool temps and a few flurries forecast, maybe we can keep the dream alive for one more week.  Its just real hard to put the sled away when you have only done a few hundred miles.

4 to 5 inches of snow in Cochrane in past 24 hours.

4 to 5 inches of snow in Cochrane in past 24 hours.

Lucky b******s. Only a trace in Kapuskasing and the trail THROUGH town is gone. No snow. Nada. Zilch.

hmmmm........

post-22473-0-57441400-1459540247_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed viewing your video rides Blake. I need to invest in VR goggles so I can feel like I am riding along.

Snowing pretty good right now.

Unfortunately, Denis, we are heading home tomorrow.  OF7, Chandos_Rob, and I in the morning and WD and crew in the early afternoon.

Archived