OC Optimists to Cochrane Mar 28 - Apr 1 (Mon to Fri) ?

Blake G

WINTER IS OVER !!!!!!!!

Then why are you still checking out OC forums lol

They're down to shirts. If they show any more, I'm oughta here. 

:-P

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-22473-0-81917400-1459290947_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-76496200-1459291325_thumb.jpg

Hey Blake, where do you get those skin toned gloves. I've got to get up there next year.

I'm pretty sure blake was exceeding the posted 50 kph speed limit

I'm pretty sure blake was exceeding the posted 150 kph speed limit

Not in that video.

Just following Sledjunk.

Filmed this morning. This is basically the same area shown on my video from yesterday, the trails through the core of Cochrane. Pretty much the worst area around here.

Ken from the Polar Bear Riders did a nice job grooming this area last night, and filled in some of the holes with the bit of snow that exists in this heavily used section. I also see that he downgraded this section to yellow after grooming it last night.

Keep in mind that there are many miles of trails around here that are in very good shape, particularly C between Timmins and Smooth Rock Falls. Trail A was groomed from Cochrane halfway to SRF last night. No problem cruising most of it at illegal speeds. We went about five miles up toward the east side of the Canyon loop and were pleased to see it in pretty good shape.

Most of you would be very happy to have enjoyed the ride we took today. Personally I think most of these trails will be good through the weekend, unless the bit of rain predicted for tomorrow should happen to turn into an extended downpour (which is NOT being predicted.)

I had such a good ride today, that I might say it was enough for the season.....will decide tomorrow morning. Now that OF7 has arrived, maybe he can have the job of chasing Sledjunk around these trails.

I will try to post more videos from today's ride.

post-22473-0-95991500-1459295525_thumb.jpg

That's some good heads-up grooming, with the little detours around trouble spots, considering how thin the trails are up there.  Looks better than last weekend.  

Looks like a bit of rain coming through overnight and tomorrow, Zero overnight low and around +5ish tomorrow.  I've got 2 degrees now in Hearst.  If it's cloudy with no wind (or some North wind) you might be good tomorrow anyway.  Colder after that, and for the weekend should be frozen pretty solid again.

operation "april fools" will launch ahead of schedule,now departing Orillia at 8 am...under bill's orders.this will allow team to scope out conditions with late aft ride....double tap

guess I don't need to bring my go-pro,blake are you now on polar bear riders pay role ? & don't think about leaving till fri at least.great vids too

sledjunk does love those open trails.

see you guys tomorrow

Great news WD.

I was thinking about sneaking out of town earlier due to a sore back caused by following Sledjunk today, but now that you guys are coming for sure, and so is Chandros Rob,  I'll stay around. Besides, I've found the ice machine at the Westway, and nice waitresses at JR's, Terry's, Timmies, etc.

JR's still has lots of ribs.Terry's might be out of coconut cream pie. Will know better after lunch tomorrow.

I'm a little leery about showing my final video of C trail, as my speedometer can be seen by the viewer, and I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression, or embarrass my Polaris, Skidoo, and Yamaha friends.

Instead, here's video of A106C heading from Cochrane down to C. Most of it is in really good shape, but if you want to see the worst section of trail we found today, fast forward to 7:35 to watch sixty seconds of mud wrestling.

post-22473-0-44857200-1459309925_thumb.jpg

I'm a little leery about showing my final video of C trail, as my speedometer can be seen by the viewer, and I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression, or embarrass my Polaris, Skidoo, and Yamaha friends.

dissension among the ranks is how team Polaris views that.i'm gonna tie down suspension,strip off saddlebags & with new belt...we'll find a straight away & settle this the old fashion way

Video is Private, can't view ....

Video is Private, can't view ....

Ooops. Sorry about that. I have fixed it now.

.... only slightly worse than the gravel hills both sides of the Gardiner Ferry crossing .................

Glad you're having a good time but I wouldn't have gone through all that mud

Glad you're having a good time but I wouldn't have gone through all that mud

I hear ya, but I was joking about the mud wrestling. All kidding aside, it was well frozen when we went through. Driving on brown and white ice. LOL

The trails are in surprisingly good shape.  I must agree with Denis that they should be limited, but there is still lots of great riding.  We did about 110 km this morning, finishing in a light rain.  Still raining lightly so I hope that is  the way it rains today and then turns to snow this evening and tomorrow. 

Well, the club did turn most of them yellow after Monday night, and the remainder after that.

I have watched all your videos, great job.  In your opinion will it take much snow to get the trails in ok shape for the weekend.

They're already in "ok" shape, once you get out of town. Unfortunately it's impossible to know what will happen by the weekend.

It's been lightly raining since noon.

There is "supposed" be 5 - 10 cms of new snow tomorrow or tomorrow night.

Things can change. And then it depends on your standards.

I think you might need to ask your question later....but in my own opinion, there will be ok rideable trails this weekend.

Are you guys sticking around till the weekend.  Forecast temps and snow look better starting tonight.  Standards have become surprisingly low this winter lol.  I guess we wait and see if the snow comes.  Thanks for all you updates.

Looks like Arctic Riders SRF club closed A trail, C trail and the A103 to the canyon. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

That certainly limits the options.

That certainly limits the options.

Even with fresh snow I have a felling the volunteers are burnt out and ready to shut er down so to speak. I give them credit and thanks for all the hard work they have done throughout the province in this somewhat dismal season. 

Archived