OC Optimists to Cochrane Mar 28 - Apr 1 (Mon to Fri) ?

Blake G

Is OntarioF7 going at the same time as us tomorrow?

Yes, he is.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on conditions, my arm might be twisted to stay into the weekend.

I just spoke with Bill from Extreme Tours. He said the gas on the Canyon Trail will continue to be available as long as the trail is open.

I just spoke with Bill from Extreme Tours. He said the gas on the Canyon Trail will continue to be available as long as the trail is open.

shouldn't you left on a recon mission by now....canyon will probably be 1 of our loops due to limited trails

ok,I guess that's intel

shouldn't you left on a recon mission by now....canyon will probably be 1 of our loops due to limited trails

ok,I guess that's intel

Recon vehicle is at Pevensey Rd now. Trying to catch Sledjunk.

3 radar traps between Port Sydney and Sundridge. Good thing I'm driving a Dodge, and not an Arctic Cat.

We arrived at Westway around 4, and I went for a 23 km ride while Sledjunk adjusted his equipment.

I also talked with two guys who just returned to the Westway, after riding today. Here's the little I know:

Around the town of Cochrane right now, the trails are fairly sugary and soft (temperature of plus 1). There are bare patches (tufts of grass) in places, but as you get away from town, there is more snow.

The A heading west has some moguls and low snow for the first few kilometres, but then improves (according to the two sledders.) Today these fellows looped down A106, then up C to Smooth Rock Falls, and back via A. They said A106C was good and C was really good. The "A" is ok, but not as smooth as they would have liked. They spoke with fellows who rode up C from Timmins this morning. The Timmins town trails are not good, apparently, but C improves as soon as you leave town and head north. The two guys are planning to go up the A103 to the Extreme Tours Base Camp tomorrow morning after it warms up a bit. They are considering coming back the same way to avoid the bare area west of the gas. (I think I have that right.)

The upshot is that there are still trails with enough snow, other than at road crossings. It isn't going to last very many days unless they get more. After this past weekend, the trails would certainly benefit from grooming. I have no idea if the local clubs are planning to groom or not. I hope so.

I hope to post some photos or video, but right now, JR Bar-B-Q Ranch is calling.

OF7 encountered technical difficulties, and is coming up tomorrow morning. Both he and Sledjunk have been bragging about being able to stay up here indefinitely, should they wish.

.......... but right now, JR Bar-B-Q Ranch is calling.

Now I'm jealous!

Listening to your radar report, the old song "Convoy" came mind:

"Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck.

"And I'm about to put the hammer down."

Enjoy the north, Rubber Duck.

:-P

10 4.

little mistake

No fur growing on this club. I posted on Facebook and they responded in less than ten minutes:

post-22473-0-93068000-1459204045_thumb.jpg

Blake, just a heads up the Kap club will be closing their trails as of Tuesday. Saw that on the FB page, will let you know if I hear anything else for you guys.

Jackpine Club in Iroquois Falls has closed their local trails as well except for the A trail. FYI

...... Sledjunk is "adjusting his equipment".....

..... OF7 encountered technical difficulties....

I don't wanna know what "equipment " SJ is adjusting .... and for OF7, waiting for battery to charge ...?

Lmao!!!!

Blake, just a heads up the Kap club will be closing their trails as of Tuesday. Saw that on the FB page, will let you know if I hear anything else for you guys.

Just going to post that.

those areas are getting snow,can't they wait till next tues to close them...

No fur growing on this club. I posted on Facebook and they responded in less than ten minutes:

attachicon.gifcochrane mar 28.jpg

blake,whole recon thing was for our use only.good grief you posted on facebook.your a loose cannon

blake,whole recon thing was for our use only.good grief you posted on facebook.your a loose cannon

I brought a Cat, so I need to know where they're gonna groom.

If I'd brought a Polaris I could ride anywhere that's open.

Heading up to the cottage tomorrow, and Wednesday morning i'll be heading through huntville and then up to cochrane.  Have a spot on the trailer if anyone wants a lift.  

when you stayin till ?

So what you're saying is you care enough about the Cat to not abuse it but if it was only a Poo that you don't care about you would just beat the heck out of it

Heading up to the cottage tomorrow, and Wednesday morning i'll be heading through huntville and then up to cochrane.  Have a spot on the trailer if anyone wants a lift.

get a room,there is a hockey tourney on wk-end.we will be just behind you

when you stayin till ?

OF7 and I are possibly here till Sunday

Listening to your radar report, the old song "Convoy" came mind:

"Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck.

"And I'm about to put the hammer down."

Enjoy the north, Rubber Duck.

:-P

post-22473-0-94462500-1459214522_thumb.jpg

Archived