Anyone else get a 2016 blizzard?

BlakeBouch

Well finally pulled the trigger on a 2016 blizzard 1200. Left Polaris and gone to the dark side. Hoping to get through a year without any issues!!!

Congrats on the new sled. 

Thanks guys

Congrats...sad to see another Polaris rider jumping ship..lol

Well finally pulled the trigger on a 2016 blizzard 1200. Left Polaris and gone to the dark side. Hoping to get through a year without any issues!!!

Congrats, rushrider.  I don't think you'll regret your choice.  

Just out of interest, have you got it yet?...we spring-ordered a Blizzard 900 ACE for Mrs. irREVerent, and we're still waiting for it to be delivered to our dealer.

our two 600 etec blizzards have been in our garage for 10 days, chassis #65 and #66 built early. Hope you guys waiting get yours soon.

Livin'

Hey nunz I have had an 11 rush a 12 rush and a 14 switch. Just haven't had a good machine yet. Hopefully will get it at the end of November.

I looked over the one they had at the Toronto Snowmoble show and I have to say that it is quite sharp. In fact, all of the Ski-doo line-up hits the mark. Conversely, I was aghast to look at the Polaris sleds. I think it takes a special person to appreciate them. Doo and Poo sell almost dollar for dollar on compatible models, however, there is no comparing the fit, finish and style between the two brands. Polaris sleds just look so unrefined, almost like a really rough prototype.

You will soon forget about your sleds of the past. Enjoy your season.

Carmen 

Welcome to the darkside. Nice sled. You will really like it.  Lots of good info on Dootalk about your 1200.

Strange we have an 07 Polaris. Only issue we ever had with it was the voltage regulator failed. Just the side that runs the accessory items, like headlights, hand warmers. Our skidoo is a 2012 etec 600 grand touring. Never had an issue with it yet and just under 8k Km's. Do seems to be on their game lately.

I looked over the one they had at the Toronto Snowmoble show and I have to say that it is quite sharp. In fact, all of the Ski-doo line-up hits the mark. Conversely, I was aghast to look at the Polaris sleds. I think it takes a special person to appreciate them. Doo and Poo sell almost dollar for dollar on compatible models, however, there is no comparing the fit, finish and style between the two brands. Polaris sleds just look so unrefined, almost like a really rough prototype.

You will soon forget about your sleds of the past. Enjoy your season.

Carmen

don't hold back...carmen

Glad Carmen hasn't been looking at any Arctic Cats. LOL

If we are lucky everyone will have a lot of 2016 blizzards. Hopefully each one of them will dump at least 2 to 3 feet of snow.

X2

quote name="white dragon" post="196814" timestamp="1446153885"]

don't hold back...carmen

Hey nunz I have had an 11 rush a 12 rush and a 14 switch. Just haven't had a good machine yet. Hopefully will get it at the end of November.

I'm curious, having just bought a 2015 Indy Int, what were your issues with your previous sleds that has you switching brands??

Cheers!!

Had a 2011 rush. Had to replace the stator. Took it to one dealer to get fixed. They said they fixed it then did it again the next weekend. The. Another dealer diagnosed it after 6 hrs. Then at 5400 kms the rear shock mount exploded and that busted the seat up. That cost 600$ to get fixed. Had a 2012 rush. Motor blew up at 5200km. the crankshaft failed. Then bought 2014 switch. Didn't have any problems with that. But had some warranty work done at the dealer. It was installed incorrectly and ended up losing another weekend while my new iron was in the shop.

Just didn't have good luck with the sleds or the service.

Don't feel bad, we change E-tec stators on a regular basis .... some guys once a season, others not for 10,000 km.  They've modified the electro-welding procedures and started using heavier gauge wire for the stator wiring, so less troubles coming for new sleds.  They fail when they fail, nothing you can do about it.  Too bad for the missed weekends, tough pill to swallow.  

Hope you have nothing but white trails this winter.

Thanks. Hopefully the 1200 will be better.

don't hold back...carmen

Glad Carmen hasn't been looking at any Arctic Cats. LOL

X2

quote name="white dragon" post="196814" timestamp="1446153885"]

don't hold back...carmen

Comparing sleds is not any different than comparing cars. Most people buy something because they simply don't know what they are looking at. Any of the 4 major manufacturers compete "pricewise" or the same price point and target the same demographic. In 20 or so years of riding with countless buddies riding all brands and models, they have all switched to Skidoo. Bombardier is hands-down the leader in rider comfort, engine technology, suspension technology ,any many more categories. I believe I read that they now control over 50% of all sled sales. Just take a look at any eatery, hotel, launching point, gas station, etc and see the sea of Doo's. That many people can't be wrong. 

No, I won't hold back. The OP was looking for reinforment that he made a wise decision in switching to Ski-doo. I simply provided him with reassurance. I have worked in the manufacturing industry for over 30 years as a Mold maker, tool & die maker, machinist, so I know a thing or two about indutrial design and manufacturing techniques. I have a very keen and trained eye when it comes to quality, fit and finish.

Sorry to ruffle the feathers of non-BRP folk. You will own one, one day, and come to the same conclusion.

Carmen

Archived