Do you like being an asshat ?

none

Last night I was riding on the D trail, just south of the 141 in Port Sydney. The groomer was approaching so I rode of the side of the trail into an open area so he could pass. As I tried to get out, my track dug in and I was stuck. Two sleds passed by and I waved them down to see if they could help. If I had the help of one more person, I would have been out in 30 seconds, but they did not stop. Took me 15 minutes of lifting to get out and almost pulled a muscle in my arm. Whenever I see someone on the side of the trail that needs help I always stop. This has never been an issue before whenever I have been stuck, but I was not happy last night when they just drove off.  

Probably the " ME FIRST" generation.I would like to think most sledders would stop and help. I know I would..... 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the " ME FIRST" generation.I would like to think most sledders would stop and help. I know I would..... 

X2 everyday of the week...

hey i ride a 900 ace and wear a bv2s,and i most of the time keep to the right ,and allways stop to help everyone.even those on yamahas.

Amazing that someone would actually pass you by. If I see someone on the trail that looks as if they even remotely might need help I will stop and see if they need help or not. If I see a hood up I will always stop. I carry a tow rope, lots of spare fuses large and small in varying amps and booster cables as well as a socket set and other tools. I just can't fathom someone passing by... especially when it is a single rider.

One time my wife got her sled stuck in Six Mile Lake park when she pulled off the side of the roadway. I wasn't getting anywhere fast... fortunately about 12 sleds on a ride stopped. There were enough to basically pick it up and carry it out. Isn't that the way it is supposed to work?

I always stop & ask. Usually the folks will say OK or give me a thumbs up. 

It doesn't hurt to check.

Ditto.  I ALWAYS ask, unless there are 2 or 3 know-it-all high school punks with their millionaire summits and their "look at me I'm cool" wrap kits .... they can help each other out.

Ditto.  I ALWAYS ask, unless there are 2 or 3 know-it-all high school punks with their millionaire summits and their "look at me I'm cool" wrap kits .... they can help each other out.

The fact that they dress differently than us 'old guys', or wrap their sleds is absolutely no indication of their personal values and ethics. Sometimes it's the young kids who need the help the most. And you get the opportunity to steer them in the right direction. 

^ Absolutly. We're all in this together!

The fact that they dress differently than us 'old guys', or wrap their sleds is absolutely no indication of their personal values and ethics. Sometimes it's the young kids who need the help the most. And you get the opportunity to steer them in the right direction. 

You're absolutely right, and they might need the most help.  The problem with them is, I'm always helping them, 3 times a week they're in the shop with their wrecked tracks, blowed-up 940cc bored-out engines, RAVE valves with parts in the wrong places, backwards, etc.  Yes they need help, but come right out and say that you don't know what you're talking about ....  So when they ask, I help. If not, arrangez-vous avec vos crisse de troubles ... I've got a family to enjoy.

Their wrap kits, cans, $1000 belt-drive kits, C&A crap skis & risers facing forwards doesn't bother me a bit.  Their "my daddy's a millionaire" attitude does.  The only ethics and values they know, comes with a credit card.

Sorry guys but I don't think age, clothing style or sled makes any difference. I've met both good and bad from all categories. Never judge a book by its cover.

Sorry guys but I don't think age, clothing style or sled makes any difference. I've met both good and bad from all categories. Never judge a book by its cover.

X2

X3

Very well said.

Here's a good one for ya. Group of 4 riding last weekend back from haliburton. Come around a blind corner at 40km/h as I always do hugging my side of the trail. Azzhat comes ripping around with his biddy right up his rear on my side of the trail. I go into the bank and shake my heads and arms in amazement at these maniacs. I was so worried about this guy running into me I didn't see who it was. Mist have pissed him off cause he pulled over the last rider in our group and pulled out his stop badge. Told the last rider I was going to fast and he would give me a ticket next time. I drop a few f bombs in amazement as I check my GPS with the max speed of 44km/h on the last 100metres. I seriously wish my go pro was recording!

Hey Aaron, that sucks and is unacceptable. Hope you can find out who that guy us and straighten him out.

Hey Aaron, that sucks and is unacceptable. Hope you can find out who that guy us and straighten him out.

without proof that will not go anywhere

Yeah without video evidence it honestly isn't reasonable for me to pursue this father

You're absolutely right, and they might need the most help.  The problem with them is, I'm always helping them, 3 times a week they're in the shop with their wrecked tracks, blowed-up 940cc bored-out engines, RAVE valves with parts in the wrong places, backwards, etc.  Yes they need help, but come right out and say that you don't know what you're talking about ....  So when they ask, I help. If not, arrangez-vous avec vos crisse de troubles ... I've got a family to enjoy.

Their wrap kits, cans, $1000 belt-drive kits, C&A crap skis & risers facing forwards doesn't bother me a bit.  Their "my daddy's a millionaire" attitude does.  The only ethics and values they know, comes with a credit card.

Sounds like employment stability.  As long as they keep breaking stuff, you've got a job.

Smile, take their money, and tell them "See you next week".

That type is oblivious to your moral outrage, because it's just their normal.

Be better than them. Because you are.

hey i ride a 900 ace and wear a bv2s,and i most of the time keep to the right ,and allways stop to help everyone.even those on yamahas.

Keep dreaming and someday it will happen! LOL

yesterday  my buddy with his enticer and I were out for a long run...later in the evening when we were heading back home the old sno jet ran out of gas..I carry 2 5 litre cans with me so no big deal....we were in the middle of a long stretch in a field pulled right over to the right, actually off trail abit....trail I am guessing was 15 to 20 ft wide...as I was filling the sled I noticed a group of sleds( 6 sleds) coming up towards us from behind...first sled slowed down abit( not slow enough in my opinion) looked at us and continued through....once the other sleds saw the first guy go through they all hammered on the throttle...although they flew by us wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to fast , the troubling thing was that they had a 20 ft wide trail to move over on and decided to fly by us maybe 3 ft away from were we were parked...we both were covered with snow...really nice in below zero temps and in the dark...once again guys wanting to prove that their sleds are big and bad and they ccan go fast....like I have said before, my grandma can do the same thing if she rides your sled...

as for the youth of today, I have worked with youth for over 28 years...mostly with high risk youth , gang kids, etc....it is like night and day the kids today from yester year...kids back in the day, although troubled were always pretty respectful and thankful for things or help...in the last 5 to 10 years its very sad...I compare it to the kid who wants the chocolate bar in the stotre and when mom says no he goes crazy and has a hissy fit...sad part is, they were not born that way....I see it everyday, parents afraid of their kids....

yesterday  my buddy with his enticer and I were out for a long run...later in the evening when we were heading back home the old sno jet ran out of gas..I carry 2 5 litre cans with me so no big deal....we were in the middle of a long stretch in a field pulled right over to the right, actually off trail abit....trail I am guessing was 15 to 20 ft wide...as I was filling the sled I noticed a group of sleds( 6 sleds) coming up towards us from behind...first sled slowed down abit( not slow enough in my opinion) looked at us and continued through....once the other sleds saw the first guy go through they all hammered on the throttle...although they flew by us wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to fast , the troubling thing was that they had a 20 ft wide trail to move over on and decided to fly by us maybe 3 ft away from were we were parked...we both were covered with snow...really nice in below zero temps and in the dark...once again guys wanting to prove that their sleds are big and bad and they ccan go fast....like I have said before, my grandma can do the same thing if she rides your sled...

as for the youth of today, I have worked with youth for over 28 years...mostly with high risk youth , gang kids, etc....it is like night and day the kids today from yester year...kids back in the day, although troubled were always pretty respectful and thankful for things or help...in the last 5 to 10 years its very sad...I compare it to the kid who wants the chocolate bar in the stotre and when mom says no he goes crazy and has a hissy fit...sad part is, they were not born that way....I see it everyday, parents afraid of their kids....

Try being a firefighter on the side of the highway we get buzzed a lot 

Sounds like employment stability.  As long as they keep breaking stuff, you've got a job.

Smile, take their money, and tell them "See you next week".

That type is oblivious to your moral outrage, because it's just their normal.

Be better than them. Because you are.

Thank you so much B-P for reading between the lines and understanding what I (and others) have to deal with sometimes.  I'd hate you all to think that I'm against any particular rider style or whatever, just certain individuals that just don't get it.  Thank you.

kids back in the day, although troubled were always pretty respectful and thankful for things or help...in the last 5 to 10 years its very sad...I compare it to the kid who wants the chocolate bar in the stotre and when mom says no he goes crazy and has a hissy fit...sad part is, they were not born that way....I see it everyday, parents afraid of their kids....

I'm glad and proud to say that I remember very well being raised by my parents.  Dad was pretty, um, obvious when you screwed up, never in excess, but plenty lots to get the point across, and to see some good come out of a mistake.  For example, a friend and I were bored one early winter evening, stupidity came to us and we kicked the sh!t out of an outdoor rink that just got put up ... no real damage, just dismantled.  Anyway when the cops FINALLY caught us (after a very loooonnnnggg chase) and brought us home, the project next day was to go out and re-assemble the rink boards as they were, under the watchful eye of the old man.  THAT was the way we were raised back then.  Disrespect was not tolerated, PERIOD.

Times have changed, parenting has changed.  Teachers have zero control over kids, in grade school it's really bad.... there's always 2 or 3 teachers in Hearst on medical absense due to the f'd up kids that were brought into the world by parents that were on drugs, creating kids with behavioural problems, ADHD, other disabilities.  Now that all these "problem" kids are assimilated with the rest of the kids, they're a big distraction, screaming and throwing things in class, always suspended and in the office.  My wife works in the schools and comes home burnt after a day's work sometimes.

I guarantee I'll raise my kids the way I was raised, no government office is going to tell me what discipline is or isn't acceptable, I can figure that out all on my own.  If I follow my fathers' methods there's hope they turn out ok, despite the environment they're forced to live in.

Try being a firefighter on the side of the highway we get buzzed a lot 

Thats why you set up a blocker truck now, to protect yourselves from morons who see shiny lights flashing

New York State now has a get out of jail free card for kids getting caught shoplifting. Instead of calling the cops... they call your parents, you sign a paper admitting that you were caught shoplifting and your parents pay $320 for their kid to take an online course that will supposedly teach them not to steal anymore.

When I was a kid one of my friends shop lifted something from the local convenience store. His dad found it and it came out he had stolen it. He had to return it to the store, apologize to the owner and do a bunch of cleanup around the store. Clean the windows, mop the floors that kind of thing. Then he was grounded for a month.

Thats why you set up a blocker truck now, to protect yourselves from morons who see shiny lights flashing

A few years ago heading to Apsley on the highway we came along a minivan that had hit a deer & was disabled (battery wiring euchred). We stopped to help.The driver had no cell signal, so I tried calling & had reception. I called the OPP & the driver waited in our van (it was during the winter). The cop arrived & he had his lights on. Him & I were standing @ the front of the damaged van & he was looking @ the damage w/ his Mag-Lite. A car went flying by & the cop turned to face the now passed car. I thought he was going to throw the light. Boy was he p#$%^&!

A possible treatment for azzhats:

Archived