Iron skillet in Kearney

irnskllet

Tons of snow. Trail has been groomed right to our door which you can jump on from right behind fetterleys garage (the gas station).

It's Friday which means we are doing a fresh fish special. This week is fresh wild sole.

Hours are currently as follows.

mon-Thursday 8am - 4pm

fri-sat 8am - 8pm

sunday 9:30am -8pm (all you can eat Sunday brunch buffet until 2pm) $15 taxes included

No liquor license yet. But the food is great.

we really hope to see some of you guys flying around this weekend

Thanks

Martin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was here before Christmas - great place. Great food, good portions and fair price.

I will stop in this winter a few times for sure

The fish was awesome last night! Great soup is always on and I absolutely LOVE the chili you guys make! A definite stop for us! BEST hot chocolate around ...(and I happen to be a hot chocolate expert)! ;)

See you today for SOUP!

I will stop in next week! Which trail are you off of? Haven't been into town in quite some time.

There is a "back trail" that runs from Rickward's Polaris down to Fetterley's Garage (F.G.) and the Iron Skillet (I.S.). I drew the trail in green because it does not appear on the Interactive Trail Guide, even though it is groomed trail. The quickest way to get to the gas station or restaurant from D is to run up the street if there is some snow cover. It's a few hundred metres. Some local Kearney sledders such as snowchopper or Baylaker can correct any mistakes I have made here.

post-22473-0-27865600-1421209303_thumb.jpg

I know exactly where you mean now, thanks. Would have missed it for sure.

Welcome Iron Skillet as a Forum Sponsor :cheers:

Please support our sponsors!!

Welcome aboard.  Finally got to drop by your place Tuesday and Wednesday.  Great food!

I'm a little confused. Google Earth Street View shows the Iron Skillet at 102 Main St. not on 518. The building appears to be the same one on their Facebook page.

Never mind. In looking through their picture gallery I see that they moved.

I agree. Your food is excellent and Blake G is a good man. Thanks for becoming a sponsor.

Great news !!! See u on the weekend and thanks!!!

I'm a little confused. Google Earth Street View shows the Iron Skillet at 102 Main St. not on 518. The building appears to be the same one on their Facebook page.

Never mind. In looking through their picture gallery I see that they moved.

nice that you answered your own question it is way better than losing your own arguement

The Iron Skillet is THE place to eat when sledding in the Kearney area.

Kearney is less than ten minutes from Highway 11, so the Iron Skillet would be a great stop for a quick lunch, or even take out food, if you're traveling up the highway in your car or truck.

Where can week park and drop in Kearney. I know you used to be able to park at Hwy 11 just off the highway at the info place but what about right in Kearney.

I don't want to impose on the Edgewater when were not staying. Stayed there a few times.

Just thinking of coming up for a ride Saturday and would love to try this Iron Skillet you all talk so highly of.

Dave & Tess

Hey Dave.

If it's just a single vehicle and trailer we have no issue with you parking here.  The parking lot isn't huge, but I'm sure we can find a good place for you to leave it while you ride. 

Where can week park and drop in Kearney. I know you used to be able to park at Hwy 11 just off the highway at the info place but what about right in Kearney.

I don't want to impose on the Edgewater when were not staying. Stayed there a few times.

Just thinking of coming up for a ride Saturday and would love to try this Iron Skillet you all talk so highly of.

Dave & Tess

is there not parking in Emsdale then you can sled to ironskillet

You can park at the Emsdale Info center and I believe Rickwards (Polaris Dealer) allows parking as well.  They are very close to Iron Skillet.

We park at the municipal building right in Kearney , almost right across from Feterlys gas, trail goes through the parking lot 

There is a trail that runs from the large parking lot at Rickward's Polaris down to Fetterley's Garage (F.G.) and the Iron Skillet (I.S.). Iron Skillet has a 100 metre stub trail to their door. I drew the trails in green because the Interactive Trail Guide shows the trail running down the road, which it does not.

I confirmed with Rob Rickward on Wednesday that he is continuing to gladly offer free parking in his large lot. He doesn't mind if you park without coming in to ask for permission. He also made a point of mentioning that they own the lot on the other side of the road, which is also available for parking. It is also handy to park there in case you forgot your visor cord, oil, etc.

I definitely recommend staging from Rickward's then sledding 60 seconds south to the Iron Skillet.

post-22473-0-29852800-1421412022_thumb.jpg

Archived