Screwed Over

Muskoka_Mike

Silly question, why would anyone buy a used 2 stroke? Its bad enough buying a new 2 stroke and having to rebuild it after 2 seasons. Got tired of that and its 4 stroke from now on.

My Dad has an RX1 with almost 32,000 km on it and only replaced usual items like sliders, belts, tracks and bearings. No issues with the motor.

I had a two stroke before and it was a skidoo 583 with 24,000kms on it, no rebuild.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and even if it did they were cheap to fix the new ones not so much

Maybe I should trade for a 900 skidoo. All of this E Boom is scaring me.

Maybe I should trade for a 900 skidoo. All of this E Boom is scaring me.

You would say such a thing after the way you have been bragging that sled up the last year or so?

Silly question, why would anyone buy a used 2 stroke? Its bad enough buying a new 2 stroke and having to rebuild it after 2 seasons. Got tired of that and its 4 stroke from now on.

My Dad has an RX1 with almost 32,000 km on it and only replaced usual items like sliders, belts, tracks and bearings. No issues with the motor.

My buddies were in Quebec last year on a trip and came across a lone rider on a rx1 way out in the boonies...they stopped and chatted for a bit. He had over 40,000km on it and said he wasn't worried! Lol

If we get winters like last year more often where people are racking up 4-5000km in a season...ya you'll be rebuilding every 2-3years on a skidoo. That will get expensive very quick!

Not tryin to bash skidoo, like I said earlier they are awesome sleds....just wish they had a more reliable engine.

I don't think you need to adjust the valves on a yami 4T until it hits around 30,000km

Safeties for sale transfer on motor vehicles in Ontario are only good for 36 days from the date of issue and it has been that way for a lot of years. Sometimes the judge may not know all the rules applicable and so make inappropriate decisions IMHO

When I moved here I needed another safety on my truck to transfer it over to Manitoba plates , I decided after 3months on staying here and my safety was 2 months past :(

Here safety is good for 1yr, I think only Ontario has such a short window compared to anywhere in Canada,

You would say such a thing after the way you have been bragging that sled up the last year or so?

I haven't had any trouble yet. It is great on gas and oil and always starts instantly. I love the way it rides, handles and all of the features. The grand touring's are due for a make over soon, hoping next year will have at least the new front end available. The 900 was vey close to etec power to weight ratio, as well.

My buddies were in Quebec last year on a trip and came across a lone rider on a rx1 way out in the boonies...they stopped and chatted for a bit. He had over 40,000km on it and said he wasn't worried! Lol

If we get winters like last year more often where people are racking up 4-5000km in a season...ya you'll be rebuilding every 2-3years on a skidoo. That will get expensive very quick!

Not tryin to bash skidoo, like I said earlier they are awesome sleds....just wish they had a more reliable engine.

I don't think you need to adjust the valves on a yami 4T until it hits around 30,000km

They have the 900 or 1200 engine that are bullet proof. I have heard yammie has trouble too.

They have the 900 or 1200 engine that are bullet proof. I have heard yammie has trouble too.

They all have troubles, but yamaha is known for it's reliability more than the other manufacturers.

Thought about the 900, but still haven't heard of any really high km 4T doos out there.

1200 is not bullet proof but definitely a better choice than etec .Yes I have seen a couple of broken yammies but I have seen more high mile 4 strokes yammies than anything 

I always store my sled with 91 and stabil...then syphon all of it out the next year and put it in the enticer and put fresh in my srx. Those enticers will run on beer! Lol

Those enticers will run on beer!  Now that's a good quote!  lol

When I moved here I needed another safety on my truck to transfer it over to Manitoba plates , I decided after 3months on staying here and my safety was 2 months past :(

Here safety is good for 1yr, I think only Ontario has such a short window compared to anywhere in Canada,

36 Days for as long as I can recall....

1200 is not bullet proof but definitely a better choice than etec .Yes I have seen a couple of broken yammies but I have seen more high mile 4 strokes yammies than anything

Be interesting to see how high RWS can spin that two stroke cat. He is already at 1000 miles.

The 900 was vey close to etec power to weight ratio, as well.

Huh?  The 900ACE is 90HP and the 600 HO E-TEC is 120HP.  That's a 33% increase, and the 900 weighs more by about 50lb.  That is NOT a very close power-to-weight ratio.  I don't know much about the 900, it may be a terrific engine, but it's not the performance choice.

Huh? The 900ACE is 90HP and the 600 HO E-TEC is 120HP. That's a 33% increase, and the 900 weighs more by about 50lb. That is NOT a very close power-to-weight ratio. I don't know much about the 900, it may be a terrific engine, but it's not the performance choice.

X2!In assuminh he meant the 1200 4-tec. More power but more weight so roughly similar power to weight ratio

In the course of our work we drive a pile of sleds amd have a great fondness for the fun of a two stroke but easily understand the desire for the four stroke many manufacturers are missing the point when they make the four stroke so expensive to maintain though. Please quit hiding the oil filter we have remote oil filters on boats why not on sleds

They all have troubles, but yamaha is known for it's reliability more than the other manufacturers.

Thought about the 900, but still haven't heard of any really high km 4T doos out there.

There is a couple from North Bay. He has around 25000 miles and she has around 27000 miles. They are on Dootalk and I think I have seen her post on this forum. 

In the course of our work we drive a pile of sleds amd have a great fondness for the fun of a two stroke but easily understand the desire for the four stroke many manufacturers are missing the point when they make the four stroke so expensive to maintain though. Please quit hiding the oil filter we have remote oil filters on boats why not on sleds

X2

The 4-stroke polaris oil filter isn't too bad to get at, its under the air cleaner.

The 4-stroke polaris oil filter isn't too bad to get at, its under the air cleaner.

Since when did Polaris make a 4T? I thought they were still all 2Ts...

Archived