Now that's some funny $h!t

It is now but not at the time!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is now but not at the time!

No...true enough!

• 1 year later...

There is the Beech View Resort here on the TOPB..I'm pretty sure there was a group of OC'ers who actually stayed there at one time. It looks like a movie set for "A Cabin In the Woods". It's up for sale now..I am not even sure if it still operating as a resort. It's in sad shape, but a good property.

http://www.beechviewresort.ca/Home.html

website is still active?

It's been sold:

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11690-new-cottage-resort-on-b-trail-carnarvon/

Recently there were several Peterborough residents arrested for drug dealing at a motel east of the city. CHEX TV showed footage of the two motels, but none of Robyns or the Blue Jay. The reporter said that the police wouldn't identify which motel was the site of the drug dealing.

I guess the Blue Jay isn't as reputable as I thought:

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2014/01/06/search-for-motel-room-robbers-called-off

New information received by investigators has led the OPP to decide to drop a search for three suspects in an alleged motel-room robbery last week.

The OPP had been called to the Blue Jay Motel Dec. 30 after a man said he'd met a women at the motel, then was robbed by two men who entered the motel room. The man suffered minor injuries.

Police issued a request for the public's help in identifying the robbers, but on Monday retracted that call.

"Due to additional information received in the investigation the OPP advise that they are no longer seeking the identity of the suspects and advise the public that there is no outstanding suspects related to the incident," the OPP stated in a release to media. "The incident is still under investigation at this time."

The motel is located east of the city on Highway 7

I wonder if someone got caught w/ their pants down?

the north adventure inn is a crap-hole as well. stayed there last winter and it was dirty.

X2 and getting dirtier

My only issue with the North Adventure is that it was freezing in the room (end unit - not heated against far wall, where I slept. Heat comes from other side of room).

Room itself had an old carpet, but otherwise okay.

Now that lady at front is gone (who I sensed was trying to keep it together), will go back to Westway. Some have suggested Thrift Lodge, but I like tried and true Westway.

I stayed at a scuzzy motel in new liskard last season. It had a Polaris flag hanging on one of the room doors. Lol just joking. Not intended to offend any Polaris Owners. I just like bugging White Dragon.

I stayed at a scuzzy motel in new liskard last season. It had a Polaris flag hanging on one of the room doors. Lol just joking. Not intended to offend any Polaris Owners. I just like bugging White Dragon.

:lmao:

Was it the Wheel Inn?

It is hard to make money in the motel industry! Rooms are only in demand certain weeks of the year! I sure wouldn't want to own one. Seems it is getting harder and harder to find a good, clean, comfortable place to stay.

It is hard to make money in the motel industry! Rooms are only in demand certain weeks of the year! I sure wouldn't want to own one. Seems it is getting harder and harder to find a good, clean, comfortable place to stay.

How would you know, you never seem to go anywhere and only provide false information about places and trails in the North.

have poster for this yrs ride already...this time it goes on your door...lol

the north adventure inn is a crap-hole as well. stayed there last winter and it was dirty.

My room was clean, somehow, I ended up in the Jacuzzi room again.  It must be the only room they clean on a regular basis.

The manager was showing me one of the igloos and I couldn't help notice spiderwebs and dead flies in the windows.  Makes you wonder if they actually clean anything.

Sounds like Westway is the only clean place in Cochrane?

have poster for this yrs ride already...this time it goes on your door...lol

Sounds good WD. You're a good man.

My room was clean, somehow, I ended up in the Jacuzzi room again.  It must be the only room they clean on a regular basis.

The manager was showing me one of the igloos and I couldn't help notice spiderwebs and dead flies in the windows.  Makes you wonder if they actually clean anything.

Sounds like Westway is the only clean place in Cochrane?

I've never,ever had a problem at Westway. Unfortunately,the NAI  USED to be clean,not so much anymore.Too bad,lots of good times there in the past.

The first motel is the one beside the John Deere dealer owned by the "genies". Three cars parked (one no plate, another w/ flat tire) out front that haven't moved in over a year.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g155008-d1160558-Reviews-Carriage_Inn_Motel-Peterborough_Ontario.html

The three dead vehicles are still parked there. Before the thaw they were just snow covered mounds parked beside the office. How inviting, 

It is a real shame to watch a former good motel fall into disrepair

Bad or ill-suited management owners will do that.

NEVER NEVER stay inthe Kirkland Inn and Suites.

crap HOLE

RE: Kirkland Lake

There will be a new Microtel beside the Hockey Heritage North building next winter.  The website says it will have a pool and restaurant?

Archived