Scuzzy Motels

revrnd

How much r they askin 4 that place Fred?

Looks like $ 539,000.00

http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Estate/ON/City/Minden/ListingId/18338603.html

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLLY CHIP DIP!!!!

That Is cheap if there is beach front. Just bull dooze and start over. Some cottage lots are 200k.

It is pretty much a bulldoze project...

You might salvage a couple cabins..but the lot is HUGE, level and on water with some beach area. That is not out of line for this area.

If you could sever the land, you could get 200K per lot easy, but they are changing zoning up here so that minimum lot's are 100' frontage, and no building within ..75' of shore (I think).

It's been on the market for at least two+ years now. i'd be looking to low-ball them and see if they bite.

You might salvage a couple cabins..but the lot is HUGE, level and on water with some beach area. That is not out of line for this area.

If you could sever the land, you could get 200K per lot easy, but they are

changing zoning up here so that minimum lot's are 100' frontage, and no

building within ..75' of shore (I think).

It's been on the market for at least two+ years now. i'd be looking to low-ball them and see if they bite.

Heck keep a few cabins for family ie mother in law, bull doze the rest and build me a nice cottage. 2.6 acres is huge.

I am guessing the owner's have it up for sale. If it was the bank they would have dropped the price several times by now.

It's still running as a resort. For sale by the owners. It was very nice at one time. Believe it or not, they still seem fairly busy in the Summer. Not sure how much business is repeat customers or new.

If you could sever the land, you could get 200K per lot easy, but they are changing zoning up here so that minimum lot's are 100' frontage, and no building within ..75' of shore (I think).

According to the real estate listing it says it's only 2.6 acres. Most areas also have minimum lot sizes of 1 acre on waterfront lots.

According to the real estate listing it says it's only 2.6 acres. Most areas also have minimum lot sizes of 1 acre on waterfront lots.

You can still get away without an acre here..for the time being. Many lot's are not even 100' of frontage and some are very shallow lot's. The township is looking to instill a minimum lot dimension of 100' frontage, and set back for building of at least 75' from the high water mark for building. So..in essence, the lot will have to be a good size. Many area lakes are at "build out" or capacity.

Waterfront property is still at a premium, although stabilized. I treasure my view every day!

Another good use for this place would be for a "family compound". Renovate the cabins into units for various family members and build a main lodge for gatherings. You would have one kick ass place for a great price if a large family or group went in on it.

You can still get away without an acre here..for the time being. Many lot's are not even 100' of frontage and some are very shallow lot's. The

township is looking to instill a minimum lot

dimension of 100' frontage, and set back for

building of at least 75' from the high water mark

for building. So..in essence, the lot will have to

be a good size. Many area lakes are at "build

out" or capacity.

Waterfront property is still at a premium, although stabilized. I treasure my view every day!

Another good use for this place would be for a "family compound". Renovate the cabins into units for various family members and build a main lodge for gatherings. You would have one

kick ass place for a great price if a large family

or group went in on it.

One expensive dog house project. Lol.

One expensive dog house project. Lol.

I've seen it done here on two other occasions. Where a large family has bought in one instance a kids camp and renovated the cabins and main hall into a lodge and sleeping cabins with hydro and water. In another situation a resort and turned it into a private family get-a-way compound. A lot cheaper than two or three families trying to afford waterfront. You buy one large property and renovate it to suit your needs.

A crappy waterfront lot can go for 150K and some for upwards of 200-350K for just a lot on waterfront. All depends on what lake and what you want to be close to. A cheaper lake with waterfront lot's can be found in this area but..many do not want the three hour drive from the GTA and then another half hour to forty minutes drive on a access road into a lake to get to a cottage.

So..this place that is run down and beat up is not all that out of line for waterfront of a good size.

Little yarn from WB area....few moons ago Dad and I took the ladies for a week end away.....got the mag out and of to Craine Lake House we went...reading the mag it was a family establisment....well got there checked in the Blonde was looking a little ruff.....so settled in and the ladies were getting the cabin setup....dad and I went next door to check this place out .....boy did we get a surprise.....my warden and mom still bring it up the now and again the weekend the boys took us to see the Ripper's.

• 2 weeks later...

It's still running as a resort. For sale by the owners. It was very nice at one time. Believe it or not, they still seem fairly busy in the Summer. Not sure how much business is repeat customers or new.

It will be a power of sale very soon make an offer.

It will be a power of sale very soon make an offer.

I'm about five minutes from there...better waterfront but that's a good property.

Heck keep a few cabins for family ie mother in law, bull doze the rest and build me a nice cottage. 2.6 acres is huge.

Viper...got things backwards pal...."put mother in law in cabin and then bulldoze"

Viper...got things backwards pal...."put mother in law in cabin and then bulldoze"

:rotflmao: OOPS! Sorry Honey, it really was an accident! :rotflmao:

I'm about five minutes from there...better waterfront but that's a good property.

Unless your door freezes shut again!

Been there done that. Second floor of a motel where the door in/out was sliding patio doors. Overlooks Georgian Bay. Went to leave in the morning and the door wouldn't open. Frozen shut. The night before getting dressed to go to a Valentine dinner. Standing at the sink and look down because my feet are getting wet. The sink drain wasn't connected properly. Now the only socks I had appropriate for dinner were wet. Fortunately my wife had her hair dryer.

Fortunately my wife had her hair dryer.

For your socks or the sliding door?

:D

For your socks or the sliding door?

:D

for both

Says the man who's last snowmobile cover is all over central Ontario!!

Says the man who's last snowmobile cover is all over central Ontario!!

Get a grip!

Get a grip!

Now that's some funny $h!t

Archived