New Cottage resort on B-trail, Carnarvon

jrhz06

We were out for a bike ride and stopped by the Safe Haven Cottage Resort on the B trail just north of Carnarvon. For those of you that have travelled on the B you may remember a run down resort just north of the Beech River bridge. Well, it was bought last year and the new owners have spent the entire summer rebuilding and renovating the place. They did an amazing job and have 6(I think) new winterized cottages that would be great for families or someone looking for a bit more upscale accommodation. Their website isn't up yet but they are on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/SafeHavenCottageResort

They replied to my email questionnaire. They say they have 15 rooms & 7 cabins. All I had for the previous business was 8 cabins. I know some of you are familiar w/ this place in the past, is there a main building w/ rooms in addition to cabins?

They replied to my email questionnaire. They say they have 15 rooms & 7 cabins. All I had for the previous business was 8 cabins. I know some of you are familiar w/ this place in the past, is there a main building w/ rooms in addition to cabins?

We stayed there as the old Beechview back around 2005 or so....don't recall any motel like rooms. Our cabin was a bit run down and cold, but for $65 a night for two people, was well priced. No locks on doors. Big parking lot and right on the trail. Nice scenary around there as well. I remember there being a fair amount of road running at the time. There was a sort of recreation hall type thing- maybe they did some conversion with that or the house?

Did the new owners mention anything about rates? Have they got the whiffy?

I was just there the other day and speaking to the owners. From our conversation and my observations there were only cabins. I believe they have 6 cabins available now and are working on another two along with a rec centre but these are planned for next summer. The only large building was their home. Maybe they have 15 rooms in the 7 cabins?

Slomo-You wouldn't recognize the place. Cabins are very nice, insulated, propane heat, new furniture and flat screen tv's. They have locks on the doors now. Shouldn't need to do any road running as they are right on the B trail and have access to the trail without needing to go on a road.

Thanks!

Deborah said in her reply that their website should be up and running shortly.

• 1 year later...

Me and the wife stayed at Safe Haven this weekend from Friday to Sunday. 

I cannot say enough good things about David and Deborah.

We were greeted with warm open arms and made to feel at home instantly. 

Some valentines treats were left out for us and the cabin we stayed in was warm and very nicely decorated. 

Plenty of parking and a stones throw from the Beach River bridge right on the B trail. 

Do yourself a favour and check them out. 

Yes, they really did a nice job of bringing that beautiful property back from the dead. Agreed , you couldn't find a nicer family. And Dave is very active with HCSA as a volunteer!

LIVIN'

Yes, they really did a nice job of bringing that beautiful property back from the dead. Agreed , you couldn't find a nicer family. And Dave is very active with HCSA as a volunteer!

LIVIN'

it is good to hear it was a great place in the eighties 

Archived