Sign in to follow this  
Domino

Welcome to OC - Please read this first

Please start off by telling us a bit about yourselves. You will be surprised whom is in your area.If you want to start a new section under Newbie Introductions, just hit the new topic and type away.

Welcome to the site. wavey.gif

• Like 6

sounds like a great idea for newbies to get to know some of characters on here!!

Livin'

sounds like a great idea for newbies to get to know some of characters on here!!

Livin'

...and warn them LOL

• Like 1

well i welcomed someone to the forum and it got deleted, 

i would also like to know if someone has a problem and asked for results that it is knowledge for all. and not dealt with the way it seems to be on a certain thread here.

great idea,noticed a lot of new comers.might be the lousy weather but seems a lot more riders online.usually around 100 people...see most online at once up to 152...must be the good management

Edited by white dragon

Hi all

I am excited to start enjoying the natural winter beauty of Halibiurton/Algonquin Highland this year. We cottage all winter up on Long Lake / Miskwabi Lake area, and so far it looks like its going to a good year. I only have one sled, so am hoping to meet others in my area to hit the trails with, as going out solo always seems a bit risky to me. I am new to sledding but enjoy getting out in the winter months instead of staying couped up inside. Family Doc here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drpaul said:

Hi all

I am excited to start enjoying the natural winter beauty of Halibiurton/Algonquin Highland this year. We cottage all winter up on Long Lake / Miskwabi Lake area, and so far it looks like its going to a good year. I only have one sled, so am hoping to meet others in my area to hit the trails with, as going out solo always seems a bit risky to me. I am new to sledding but enjoy getting out in the winter months instead of staying couped up inside. Family Doc here. 

Welcome

the Long Lake/Miskwabi Lake are two of my favourite trails, you will enjoy them for sure. Too bad I won't be sledding in Ontario this year, but there is always next year!

• Like 1

Welcome, drpaul. I agree with your comment about the riskiness of solo sledding. This site is a great place to find folks for sledding, and to share sledding information.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you can find people here to ride with. I echo your sentiment about riding solo. If I do go out solo it's on our local club trails, middle of the day and not too far off the beaten path. I also leave my route with someone at home and tell them when I expect to be back. Fortunately the trails in our area all seem to have cell phone coverage so I make sure it's fully charged when I set out.

The best part about riding with someone else is if you do get stuck you have someone to laugh at you for a while and then when that is over reluctantly help you out. Then they get to tell the story of you getting stuck to all of your friends.

Edited by 02Sled

16 hours ago, drpaul said:

Hi all

family doc eh ? I get these pains (all over) after riding 350 kms in the freezing cold after heavy drinking...any idea what that could be ? thx...o ya...need one of those medical licenses too...pm me...:wavey:...:crazy:

• Like 1

Only Just Signed Up, My first year on a snowmobile, excited to get out. I live in Midhurst, Ontario

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:39 AM, Chevy said:

Thanks for the add

59 minutes ago, Pradeep Adhihetty said:

Only Just Signed Up, My first year on a snowmobile, excited to get out. I live in Midhurst, Ontario

Welcome to the forum!!!! Great group on here and a wealth of information... Chevy where you based out of and what do you ride?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum... lots of people here that are in your area or not far from there. I tend to ride the area bounded approximately by Horseshoe Valley, Elmvale, Wasaga Beach, Midland, Parry Sound, Gravenhurst and Orillia and use Port Severn as my starting point.

• Like 1

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎23 at 9:00 AM, Pradeep Adhihetty said:

welcome to forum,i'm  in Guthrie.next local ride we post for barrie area,make sure u jump in with us

• Like 1

On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 9:49 PM, white dragon said:

family doc eh ? I get these pains (all over) after riding 350 kms in the freezing cold after heavy drinking...any idea what that could be ? thx...o ya...need one of those medical licenses too...pm me...:wavey:...:crazy:

Like after the late night/early morning we had in Valdor...8-)

3 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Like after the late night/early morning we had in Valdor...8-)

that one stands out more than any...$150 smoking fine was nice touch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, white dragon said:

that one stands out more than any...$150 smoking fine was nice touch

It was quite a night to remember that's for sure..

Checking in, good to know there are many from the Midhurst & surrounding area. Disappointed with conditions over the holidays, being cautious, hopefully the trails open thru next week. 

being riding around the 414, B112B, B Trail a few times on my own te last couple of days, getting to known the area, hopefully I can do a longer trip soon..