Welcome to OC - Please read this first

Domino

Welcome to OC Paul. First thing you have to do is quit calling that Poo a  Skidoo LOL

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone . My name is Jason 
just found and started following the OC about 4 days ago, while desperately trying to find some snow within driving distance.

picked up a ‘new to me ‘18 zr8000, and so far my trips ( the week we arctuallu had snow )  have consisted of picking my son up from school ( about a km from home ) and putting a hurting on my 4 acre field - 

dismal. 

anyway, I look forward to sharing and learning from you guys . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dewworm said:

just found and started following the OC about 4 days ago, while desperately trying to find some snow within driving distance.

picked up a ‘new to me ‘18 zr8000, and so far my trips ( the week we arctuallu had snow )  have consisted of picking my son up from school ( about a km from home ) and putting a hurting on my 4 acre field - 

dismal. 

welcome to the forum... a blend of people who will travel long distances to ride and others not so much... all willing to share what they experienced in each location.... do the snow dance... we need it..

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, great group on here..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dewworm said:

dismal. 

Welcome to OC Dewworm! Hope you find the snow. Let us know if you do.

• Haha 2

Ya, Dewworm!!

Welcome. I see you ride Haliburton area. Was good around Kinmount for a few days last week.

20 hours ago, Dewworm said:

dismal. 

Welcome to the forum.  Great bunch of guys on here. Good info. We are all a bit testy at times until the white stuff blesses us, but most of us mean well. Myself included.  Enjoy the forum. 

Edited by TURBO DOO
  • Like 1

Was up to hali on the 26, just a day trip visiting family. Was only there for a couple hrs so couldn’t justify taking up the sled, I did however notice aside from Kapuskasing, Minden was showing the only open trails that day.. 

come on snow 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Fellow Snowmobilers:   My name is Doug, on forums I go by the name Wrench. Just moved to Barrie from Nova Scotia this summer & grew up in Labrador City, Newfoundland.  I'm currently a member of the Sno-Voyageurs snowmobile club when I purchase my yearly Ontario trail pass.  I have been snowmobiling since 1966 when Dad gave the family our 1st Ski Doo Olympic.  I have held various  executive positon's, volunteer positions & groomer operator, trail patroller with the following snowmobile clubs over the years. White Wolf Snowmobile Club & Labrador Winter Trails - Host City for "Cain's Quest" & most recently with the Driftclimbers Snowmobile Club in Fall River, Nova Scotia.  I have been sledding off & on in Ontario for the last 5 years between NS & ON depending on snow conditions. I have done the RAP Tour, a week at Mattawa Golf & Ski & the local trails around  Barrie.  Hoping this winter able to get some more great sledding. Lots to see in Ontario.   I was informed about this site from a fellow sledder in Barrie and suggested this site to meet other fellow sledders.  So if you see a post looking for a riding buddy for a day trip around Barrie, I have introduced myself.  

Stay safe on the trails this winter.

Edited by Douglas Felker
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Douglas Felker said:

Hi Fellow Snowmobilers:   My name is Doug, on forums I go by the name Wrench. Just moved to Barrie from Nova Scotia this summer & grew up in Labrador City, Newfoundland.  I'm currently a member of the Sno-Voyageurs snowmobile club when I purchase my yearly Ontario trail pass.  I have been snowmobiling since 1966 when Dad gave the family our 1st Ski Doo Olympic.  I have held various  executive positon's, volunteer positions & groomer operator, trail patroller with the following snowmobile clubs over the years. White Wolf Snowmobile Club & Labrador Winter Trails - Host City for "Cain's Quest" & most recently with the Driftclimbers Snowmobile Club in Fall River, Nova Scotia.  I have been sledding off & on in Ontario for the last 5 years between NS & ON depending on snow conditions. I have done the RAP Tour, a week at Mattawa Golf & Ski & the local trails around  Barrie.  Hoping this winter able to get some more great sledding. Lots to see in Ontario.   I was informed about this site from a fellow sledder in Barrie and suggested this site to meet other fellow sledders.  So if you see a post looking for a riding buddy for a day trip around Barrie, I have introduced myself.  

Stay safe on the trails this winter.

Welcome to the forum Doug. I believe you will get some smiles and lots of knowledge here. If you are thinking of getting involved with the Sno-Voyageurs and are looking for a contact name/ number, let me know.

Welcome to OC. Lots of good info here.

Welcome to OC.

Welcome to the forum we have a great group here. 

• 1 year later...

Fairly new to sledding and new to the forums.  Stoked to get some inside info on trails and cool spots in different areas.  I had planned on doing some travelling to check out different areas but COVID had other ideas.  As of right now just waiting for lockdown to end so the trails can open in Muskoka!

- Jeff

• Like 1

Welcome to OC Jeff. Lots of knowledgeable people to give you the info. you are looking for here ans sometimes a bit of fun to.

2 hours ago, JWBala said:

Fairly new to sledding and new to the forums.  Stoked to get some inside info on trails and cool spots in different areas.  I had planned on doing some travelling to check out different areas but COVID had other ideas.  As of right now just waiting for lockdown to end so the trails can open in Muskoka!

- Jeff

Welcome to the forum, I am just east of you in Gravenhurst, Hopefully we can get the C101D open by next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

i am a newbie to this forum and sledding as well. I bought the sled in the spring of last year have only gone out 3 times this year and lifetime at that.

so far, I'm having a blast and trying to gain some confidence every time I go out.  I have been going out on the trails from Chandos Lake in Apsley and hitting the trails north.

looking forward the next time out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006skidoomxz said:

Hello all,

i am a newbie to this forum and sledding as well. I bought the sled in the spring of last year have only gone out 3 times this year and lifetime at that.

so far, I'm having a blast and trying to gain some confidence every time I go out.  I have been going out on the trails from Chandos Lake in Apsley and hitting the trails north.

looking forward the next time out

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information and a bit of fun around here. There are members who know well the area you ride in if you need information.

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2021 at 3:41 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information and a bit of fun around here. There are members who know well the area you ride in if you need information.

x2