Haliburton Forest is open

Sksman

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

At this point a set of carbides is well worth it.

Fuel consumption and cost to date = $0.00

Yes, we are all operating at a surplus budget currently.....lol

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nunz said:

We are heading there on Sunday, I will post a report after our ride, Hopefully they get the snow in the forecast they are calling for.

Can you include in your report on how your carbides, sliders and temps of your sled fair as well? 😆 🤣 

Buddy was in the Forest yesterday, just over 150kms.  Said it was better than expected but still limited for sure.  He put on his backup carbides.  lol

Only saw about 10 other sleds all day.

I'll try to give a better report this weekend, heading up to the area later today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2024 at 5:59 PM, signfan said:

Wonder who came up with that number.  No doubt they've been busy.  But 15,000 sleds in one day?  You're talking 15% of the permitted sleds in Quebec.  Doesn't seem right.  

It was a local guy in Quebec I know that told me.  Not sure who did the count but with no snow anywhere else rideable in Ontario and Quebec it’s feasible that there were a crap ton of sleds there.

there is a lot of guys that could trailer there for a day also.  

So currently at Haliburton Forest.   

180km today.   
Left base camp at 9am.   Trails were decent. I definitely have ridden worse green trails in Ontario.  

North end is better than south.  

Carbides are likely beat up maybe pretty good.  Oh well.  I have another set!!   

I had scratchers down a lot on my sled.  But not many others did.

Tonight on way in all the main trails were down to bare ice as all the racers had the snow spun right off.  

still worth the day for sure.  

see what snow tonight brings.   

• Like 5

Note for anyone heading to Haliburton Forest:

Both big groomers are down with mechanical issues.  

they hope parts in for one on Monday.  

Busy today in the Forest,  saw a few SRX's in the Black and Gold.  They look sweet!!

A few people from NY too

20240113_162218.jpg

• Like 7

We were there yesterday, as stated both groomers were down, trails were very choppy and corners were getting icy, Was still nice to get out for a first ride regardless.

Would have been nice if they had shared that information on their FB page though

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/15/2024 at 8:40 AM, Nunz said:

We were there yesterday, as stated both groomers were down, trails were very choppy and corners were getting icy, Was still nice to get out for a first ride regardless.

Would have been nice if they had shared that information on their FB page though

They don't share because that would cause people not to go.   This is why I will never support.   IMO they are unethical.  

• Like 2

We ran the forest on Monday, and conditions were pretty decent. The north road is a little sketch, but further north you go the trails are good.  
Its a little bumpy too with no groomers, and fair amount of traffic too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, infernobuster said:

We ran the forest on Monday, and conditions were pretty decent. The north road is a little sketch, but further north you go the trails are good.  
Its a little bumpy too with no groomers, and fair amount of traffic too. 

How was the new winder? 

23 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

How was the new winder? 

So far so good, only 153 k on it so far. Power steering is something im not used too, and takes less effort than before. And i was never shy of throwing the other one around regardless of weight, this just makes it easier on the body.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

So far so good, only 153 k on it so far. Power steering is something im not used too, and takes less effort than before. And i was never shy of throwing the other one around regardless of weight, this just makes it easier on the body.

That’s great. I think you and OntarioF7 bought the same sled from the same dealer. 41788757-61F0-4A53-B2FF-6B566B01D159.thumb.jpeg.19791779cdcf27428a4e14e7950415ee.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/18/2024 at 8:48 PM, Re:Leaf said:

That’s great. I think you and OntarioF7 bought the same sled from the same dealer. 41788757-61F0-4A53-B2FF-6B566B01D159.thumb.jpeg.19791779cdcf27428a4e14e7950415ee.jpeg

Yep, looks the same for now. Lol..

• Like 1