Clean Fuel Standard

signfan

3 hours ago, LuvMyViper said:

$130,890

The 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 will be available at a Canadian manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $130,890 (excluding destination and fees). Ordering for the Challenger SRT Demon 170 will close on May 15, 2023. Customer orders certified sold at MSRP will receive priority scheduling

Thats the MSRP. What they are getting is way higher. I know in the US they were asking way over 250,000 if you could get one.

19 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Thats the MSRP. What they are getting is way higher. I know in the US they were asking way over 250,000 if you could get one.

I did not think dealers were allowed to charge more, but not offer any discounts of course, but private sales after the initial sale was different story.

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

If I am spending 250K or higher, I need something that looks more exotic than a Charger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spiderman said:

If I am spending 250K or higher, I need something that looks more exotic than a Charger.

Pretty sure its being built on the Challenger platform so I'm sure that will make you feel better about them LOL. Good news is that they are apparently being assembled in Brampton. Like Stoney mentioned above, I read just after the initial pictures came out that Corporate was not going to let dealers away with jacking list prices on them.   Cool options like delete trunk interior trim and delete rear and passenger seat. Come standard on slicks.    0-60 MPH in 1.6 seconds. NHRA has apparently outlawed them from running in stock classes LOL.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Pretty sure its being built on the Challenger platform so I'm sure that will make you feel better about them LOL. Good news is that they are apparently being assembled in Brampton. Like Stoney mentioned above, I read just after the initial pictures came out that Corporate was not going to let dealers away with jacking list prices on them.   Cool options like delete trunk interior trim and delete rear and passenger seat. Come standard on slicks.    0-60 MPH in 1.6 seconds. NHRA has apparently outlawed them from running in stock classes LOL.

Been a little while, but I recall stock class were limited by a certain ET (9.99 & slower), trans brakes allowed but no boxes.....I think some of the other rules in place might make it harder for this car to enter like battery location, kill switch, roll cage, chassis certification, etc.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Lol, same thing.

Needs some better dressing

19 hours ago, stoney said:

I did not think dealers were allowed to charge more, but not offer any discounts of course, but private sales after the initial sale was different story.

They do and will. 

18 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I agree with you but that particular model the 170 is the last to be produced and very limited numbers. You buy it, drive it a few hundred k a year and in 30 years worth big money. 

The regular ones meh..............i agree with you

• Like 1

No point in having a hot rod if you do not drive it. We have run up over 15000 kms on our Road runner in the three years that we have owned it. It runs a 440 stroked out to 505 cubic inches aluminum heads 10.5 to 1 compression a Holley 850 mechanical 4150 large roller cam and manual shift automatic transmission with 3200 rpm stall converter. It like gas . The 3.91 rear gears ensure that. I am fairly careful on the gas that I run. I use an air fuel meter and the ethanol shows up. Petro gas certainly has more in it than Shell. 91 at Parry sound fuels is still all dinosaur bones. They supply almost all of the marinas around here and haul it from Ottawa refinery. Yes I test it regularly. 

We have seen phase seperation and fuel problems with all additves including Seafoam the biggest solution is to use your stuff and get the old fuel out. the newer boats and sleds no longer have the venting straight to the atmosphere and this has helped a lot. 

361916058_6300286226685495_6721857339618955454_n.jpg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Wildbill said:

No point in having a hot rod if you do not drive it. We have run up over 15000 kms on our Road runner in the three years that we have owned it. It runs a 440 stroked out to 505 cubic inches aluminum heads 10.5 to 1 compression a Holley 850 mechanical 4150 large roller cam and manual shift automatic transmission with 3200 rpm stall converter. It like gas . The 3.91 rear gears ensure that. I am fairly careful on the gas that I run. I use an air fuel meter and the ethanol shows up. Petro gas certainly has more in it than Shell. 91 at Parry sound fuels is still all dinosaur bones. They supply almost all of the marinas around here and haul it from Ottawa refinery. Yes I test it regularly. 

We have seen phase seperation and fuel problems with all additves including Seafoam the biggest solution is to use your stuff and get the old fuel out. the newer boats and sleds no longer have the venting straight to the atmosphere and this has helped a lot. 

361916058_6300286226685495_6721857339618955454_n.jpg

What year is that car, Bill?

Looks clean.....3:91 in that would be fun. Cannot imagine you do much highway cruising though.

Ever tested the gas at the native station on 400 (Wolf Energy)?

1 hour ago, stoney said:

What year is that car, Bill?

Looks clean.....3:91 in that would be fun. Cannot imagine you do much highway cruising though.

Ever tested the gas at the native station on 400 (Wolf Energy)?

1979 light car pretty quick zero to sisty mph is 2.8 seconds pulled a 2.56 zero to sixty today as for cruising it keeps its gas fresh. As for the gas down there my belif is that the Wolf has ethanol from what I have tested however we tested gas in tanks that we were told was from Wolf 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 4:29 PM, Strong Farmer said:

I doubt it. 
91 is a v power fuel too that was always e free. They removed stickers and put all grades of fuel may contain up to 10 percent e 🤷🏽‍♂️.  I thought 94 stuff got there by adding e to it? I haven’t found one station near me that has e free fuel anymore. No 94 in my area to test but I am pretty sure it have e now too.  Clean fuel mandate claims all fuels sold must have e in it now. 

Riddle me this then, town I live in still sellin Shell 91 e- free and one  Petro Can outlet in Huntsville advertise their premium as e free as well, m

marina's with fuel likely similar

49 minutes ago, burndog said:

Riddle me this then, town I live in still sellin Shell 91 e- free and one  Petro Can outlet in Huntsville advertise their premium as e free as well, m

marina's with fuel likely similar

I just noticed that the Shell pumps at a station in Goderich still have the old stickers on them stating 91 is Efree. I think they have never bothered to change the stickers. Stoney has a post on page one of this thread which states that he emailed Shell and they replied that all grades have ethanol now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I just noticed that the Shell pumps at a station in Goderich still have the old stickers on them stating 91 is Efree. I think they have never bothered to change the stickers. Stoney has a post on page one of this thread which states that he emailed Shell and they replied that all grades have ethanol now.

Yes I second that. Government mandated all fuel grades get E now. 
Only way around it is to buy cans. My stihl dealer is super busy fixing chain saws, lawn mowers etc where fuel gone bad. He selling more and more of that true fuel stuff stihl has. Lasts up to two years and is 93 octane. Runs much cleaner too and don’t have to clean spark arrestor screens. 😎

I was driving around Milton on weekend to get premium fuel for the small engines.  I did not see any ethanol stickers on the Esso pumps or the Shell pumps.   Canadian Tire was clearly marked 10% ethanol.

I thought all pumps had to show ethanol content but maybe that changed with the new laws and all fuel having ethanol.

A few months ago at the Shell station I was told Premium was ethanol free.  Not sure if the guy was owner or manager or just an attendant   

Only 10 stattions in Ontario still pumping ethanol free gas according to this crowd information site. And those reports may be dated.

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Screenshot_20230808_084619_Chrome.thumb.jpg.07470735fe3814aa1780cf5ac693347a.jpg

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Only 10 stattions in Ontario still pumping ethanol free gas according to this crowd information site. And those reports may be dated.

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Screenshot_20230808_084619_Chrome.thumb.jpg.07470735fe3814aa1780cf5ac693347a.jpg

I looks like it’s been updated 

Last time I was on it, it was outdated for sure since it listed gas station with no E, but they did now. 
It’s also based on a persons input vs fact if I’m not mistaken….no actual validation. 
I think only way to trust now a days is test for yourself, and even than who is to say this weeks tanker delivery doesn’t have all E gas and the one before didn’t. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I looks like it’s been updated 

Last time I was on it, it was outdated for sure since it listed gas station with no E, but they did now. 
It’s also based on a persons input vs fact if I’m not mistaken….no actual validation. 
I think only way to trust now a days is test for yourself, and even than who is to say this weeks tanker delivery doesn’t have all E gas and the one before didn’t. 

Petro has e for sure. I don’t trust that report on those stations. She’ll 91 has it too. I tested my local station here. Have to pump first few L into truck and then take a sample otherwise regular could taint sample. 
mandated all fuels have to have it, so be very few tankers that have none in it now. With surplus of corn around and how cheap it is now. They be running e full throttle now too. 

for those of you close to a border town, check across the border, might be easier for you to get fuel. the soo has several very close to the International bridge. Ski

• Like 1

Noticed yesterday filling up at Canadian Tire their 91 said up to 10% ethanol.

Appears ethanol is the future in Ontario.

On 8/9/2023 at 9:38 AM, Spiderman said:

Noticed yesterday filling up at Canadian Tire their 91 said up to 10% ethanol.

Appears ethanol is the future in Ontario.

Government mandated all fuels in Canada to have ethical up to 10 percent  in 5 years they are going up to 15 percent plan calls for 🤣

5 hours ago, Sksman said:

I tested the Milton Shell premium and it has 7-8% ethanol.  Or so. 

Yup no way around it now. I filled my snowmobile tank right to top. That way e won’t pull as much water from air since tanks full. On truck the e ate out seals on inside of ny fuel module on fuel tank. 2100 later it was fixed. You think they have it figured out by now, since been around since 90’s 🤣

What are you  doing for boat fuel  this year? Marina is far away.  Currently  stopping at marina with gas cans on the way north, but that's messed up - driving by car to the marina, to fill cans with gas. 

Old Yamaha 100 4 stroke.

And 40 hp Merc 2 stroke.

With ethanol becoming the norm would those old water eliminator sticks be helpful?

they were a white plastic cage on a string that you could drop in your tank.  

would these absorb the ethanol/water?

now on my Polaris I doubt you could get it down the fuel neck past whatever they have built in the tank.