Linq gas can - ski doo summer sales?

ecarnell

In the market for a new linq gas and oil can (tired of waiting for Polaris to come out with anything).

don’t need it till December - but didn’t know if any of the doo dealers these days offer no tax sales at all? (Summer / fall /ect?).

anyone have any recent experience of dealers offering sales on linq products (they seem to always discount clothing)?

thanks

Check fb marketplace I see one for sale 

when I bought mine I waited till the fall and bought them from Energy Powersports 

• Thanks 1

I seen one for sale but cant remeber where, FB market place, Sled JIJI or Kijji, sorry short memory.LOL!

Maybe with a slower economy we will get the open house events back next fall.  They were always good for 15 - 20% off.  Haven't occurred since covid though.  That's the last time I saw anything with linq written on it on sale.

Must be one good patent BRP has on the fuel cans.  Can't for the life of me understand why Polaris hasn't offered a solution unless the patent is that good.  BRP has made a fortune selling them.

I read somewhere that Polaris Legal Dept wants nothing to do with those gas cans.   

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I read somewhere that Polaris Legal Dept wants nothing to do with those gas cans.   

Now that's even dumber.  Guess when you can't design the main tank to not blow up causing recalls it would add up to not want to sell aux tanks.  Thanks for sharing.  Interesting info.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I bought a stackable one from Precision power sports Sarnia about 6 weeks ago 249 regular 299 it was the last one he had . 

Getting off topic, but I sure wish that BRP would make a STACKABLE oil caddy that was about 4-6L.     I would love to be able to carry a 4L oil can that I could put a bag on top of.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Getting off topic, but I sure wish that BRP would make a STACKABLE oil caddy that was about 4-6L.     I would love to be able to carry a 4L oil can that I could put a bag on top of.    

4 stroke

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Why not use the stackable fuel caddy for oil if you dont need to carry fuel?

1 hour ago, signfan said:

That’s what I do I’m usually carrying oil for two sleds . I can also get a 4 litre jug in the small bag behind the seat I just all ways make sure I tape the lid on really well

9 hours ago, scottyr said:

100% agree.

You would think the small oil/gas caddies could be re enforced to support another linq on top of it. 

I would do a 1gallon oil caddy and 1gallon gas caddy on top of each other.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

100% agree.

You would think the small oil/gas caddies could be re enforced to support another linq on top of it. 

I would do a 1gallon oil caddy and 1gallon gas caddy on top of each other.

You need to pay close attention to what LinQ accessories you buy - some of them are designed so you cannot stack other accessories on top, I assume so you do not overload the tunnel seeing as liquid is likely the heaviest thing straped to the rear.

I have the 4 gallon gas container, that can hold oil too if you wish, that allows me to strap a bag to the top as well.

There is a chart that gives you what options you have that can or cannot be stacked.

• Like 1

Just now, stoney said:

You need to pay close attention to what LinQ accessories you buy - some of them are designed so you cannot stack other accessories on top, I assume so you do not overload the tunnel seeing as liquid is likely the heaviest thing straped to the rear.

I have the 4 gallon gas container, that can hold oil too if you wish, that allows me to strap a bag to the top as well.

There is a chart that gives you what options you have that can or cannot be stacked.

I’m aware of the current options - I was saying if they came out with a modified / reinforced small 1 gallon oil caddy that you “could” stack another linq on top  of - I would do a 1 gallon caddy on top of it.

don’t need 4 gallons of oil - 4 l (1 gallon) of oil plus a couple 1 l bottles under the seat will get two sleds for a couple day 1200km tour is all I need.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

4 stroke

Rode my buddies 900R X for a day this year.    Nice sled but not for me.     

• Like 1

19 hours ago, signfan said:

I guess that could work but the gas can holds 12L of fuel.    I really only want to carry 4L.  

I can fit a 4L jug in my Linq Combo Bag but it takes up a lot of room in the bag.   I think a lot of guys would buy a 4-6L stackable oil can.  

IMG_3282.jpeg

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Rode my buddies 900R X for a day this year.    Nice sled but not for me.     

I havent rode one yet. But i know what it will ride like. Im fully expecting to like the power hate the weight. Frankly I need to slow down in the trails anyway. Being old and fat.............lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I havent rode one yet. But i know what it will ride like. Im fully expecting to like the power hate the weight. Frankly I need to slow down in the trails anyway. Being old and fat.............lol

I really wanted to like it, but it was noticeably heavier than my 850 and the throttle still sucks albeit less than the old style ITC.    

We were within 1 litre every fill up with my 850 actually using less than the 900 a few times. 

The 900R has longer legs on the lake than my 850 for sure.     He pulls away pretty easily at 160km/h speeds.     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scottyr said:

I guess that could work but the gas can holds 12L of fuel.    I really only want to carry 4L.  

I can fit a 4L jug in my Linq Combo Bag but it takes up a lot of room in the bag.   I think a lot of guys would buy a 4-6L stackable oil can.  

IMG_3282.jpeg

The big reason I want a smaller stackable caddy (don’t care if it’s oil or gas) is to save weight and bulk. 16l can be fit into the stackable fuel caddy plus the 4l of oil stacked on it in the small caddy and that adds up to about 45 lbs of extra weight at the rear (including the caddy weights) plus your gear. Not to mention the extra size of the stacked cans which is applicable  if you are riding off trial. 

if they made the small caddy stackable that would be enough gas and oil but only half the weight and 2/3 of the height/size. 

hope they are working on it!

• Like 2