My season is over

soupkids

This issue is in my desk.    I wont throw it out.    😄

IMG_3632.jpeg

IMG_3631.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, scottyr said:

No.   That was not me.    My dad and I had a car dealership called Ross Rocher Sales, that sold a lot of cool stuff.    In our hay day I was bringing Bass Boats up from the USA in the summer, selling 100-120 used sleds every fall and then moved onto importing Husqvarna and Gas Gas motorcycles into Canada.    It was lots of fun.   We sold the property in 2012 to Loblaws to build a No Frills and my dad retired.    I am a Realtor now but still dabble in that stuff as a hobby.    

I remember that place. Definitely lots of cool units through there over the years. Always remember seeing your ads in auto, boat/bike rv trader. Every time I made it to Stratford I’d stop in and have a gander. 

On 3/21/2023 at 9:10 AM, Strong Farmer said:

Did bearings go you or just changed them when you did a track?  Water sometimes gets into drive bearing opposite chain case side, from running in the snow I find. Chain case side usually lasts forever and Jack shaft gets hotter so, it next one to fail  usually. 

Still the original track and the IceRipper looks likes its good for another 16,000, no cracks or missing carbides.    Only bearing that went was on of the idler wheels.   everything else changed as a prevention

• Like 2

Got my sled back today, no to put some break in miles on it

• Like 7

4 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

To the bar baby! 

Only way to break em in!!…. Or so that’s the way we use to do it with the ol dirt bikes…. Could basically rebuild between moto’s! Lol!!……I remember a friend of my dad telling me a story at his funeral about how they rebuilt the top end of an old 340

polaris in old hunt camp they were staying at. Picked it up and turned er sideways through the doorway and set er down beside the wood stove….. they had parts bc their bud owned/operated Polaris dealer.. circa mid to

late 70’s..early mid 80’s

5 hours ago, T bird said:

Only way to break em in!!…. Or so that’s the way we use to do it with the ol dirt bikes…. Could basically rebuild between moto’s! Lol!!……I remember a friend of my dad telling me a story at his funeral about how they rebuilt the top end of an old 340

polaris in old hunt camp they were staying at. Picked it up and turned er sideways through the doorway and set er down beside the wood stove….. they had parts bc their bud owned/operated Polaris dealer.. circa mid to

late 70’s..early mid 80’s

Likely Rye involved in that adventure...............................

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

To the bar baby! 

That's basically what a Skidoo dealer principle told my Dad when we were picking up 2 new sleds in late 1971. I had no problem with that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depending on weather it my get packed away for the summer

On 3/21/2023 at 9:10 AM, Strong Farmer said:

Did bearings go you or just changed them when you did a track?  Water sometimes gets into drive bearing opposite chain case side, from running in the snow I find. Chain case side usually lasts forever and Jack shaft gets hotter so, it next one to fail  usually. 

Still the original track and the IceRipper looks likes its good for another 16,000, no cracks or missing carbides.    Only bearing that went was on of the idler wheels.   everything else changed as a prevention