2023 OFSC Permit

scottyr

My dad has decided to go down south this winter and isnt riding.   Unfortunately, I bought a gift card for a permit for him that is unused.  

We can register it under your VIN and I will have it sent directly to you.

$200 face value.   

519-276-1385 

14 hours ago, scottyr said:

My dad has decided to go down south this winter and isnt riding.   Unfortunately, I bought a gift card for a permit for him that is unused.  

We can register it under your VIN and I will have it sent directly to you.

$200 face value.   

519-276-1385 

Good luck with that. Ofsc will take 45 days to change it 😂

18 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Good luck with that. Ofsc will take 45 days to change it 😂

Your let’s just say your..misinformed.. This is different situation than having ofsc change existing vin on a permit to a new one..I did gift card on my new sled this fall as I did not have vin number at deadline of purchase for permit. About 10 days before Christmas went on line and redeemed gift card w vin number and permit was in my mail just after New Years. Very quick and efficient. Would hate to see someone not take this permit because of a misunderstanding how this works. Cheers 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, J Feces said:

Your let’s just say your..misinformed.. This is different situation than having ofsc change existing vin on a permit to a new one..I did gift card on my new sled this fall as I did not have vin number at deadline of purchase for permit. About 10 days before Christmas went on line and redeemed gift card w vin number and permit was in my mail just after New Years. Very quick and efficient. Would hate to see someone not take this permit because of a misunderstanding how this works. Cheers 

Agreed I got my trail

permit in about 4 days after I redeemed it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J Feces said:

Works fine as long as you don’t need to change name. If you apply for a name change and vin takes forever. 

• Haha 1

Honestly, who cares about the name change.    I have never been asked to show the receipt for a permit in Ontario.     In fact, I havent even been stopped by the OPP in at least 7-8 years.   

I used my 1st gift card mid December and had the permit in my hand within a week.   

• Like 1

Wow, what a way to sabotage someone selling something….

I agree, name or paperwork associated with permit is just that, the “paperwork” side of things that carry no weight. 
No need or obligation to carry or provide it, stick on the trail pass and you are golden!

Good luck on the sale. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I agree, name or paperwork associated with permit is just that, the “paperwork” side of things that carry no weight. 
No need or obligation to carry or provide it, stick on the trail pass and you are golden!

Good luck on the sale. 

You really think so? Sometimes they ask for paper work though? 

8 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You really think so? Sometimes they ask for paper work though? 

I haven't been stopped in a few years and when I had been, paperwork they asked to see was ownership and insurance only.

• Thanks 1

it says you "should" carry the paperwork but, there is no requirement or law. (that I am aware of). your results may vary. Ski

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 6:34 PM, stoney said:

Good luck on the sale. 

I believe it says right on the paper receipt that the sticker is only valid if you have the reciept with you.

I would check mine, but I threw it out as soon as I put the sticker on.  I've never been asked for it, but I almost never run into the OPP anyways. Maybe once in 5 years. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VicFish said:

I believe it says right on the paper receipt that the sticker is only valid if you have the reciept with you.

I would check mine, but I threw it out as soon as I put the sticker on.  I've never been asked for it, but I almost never run into the OPP anyways. Maybe once in 5 years. 

I just got the paper that comes with the permit out and read it. It says nothing about the sticker only being valid if you have the receipt with it.   What it does say is the permit is only valid if it is attached to the snowmobile it is issued for.

• Like 5

Thank you PLC! Ski

i think a few years ago you had to carry paper work ,i dont think anymore.opp dont even look for permit ,only licence and insurance and registration

48 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I just got the paper that comes with the permit out and read it. It says nothing about the sticker only being valid if you have the receipt with it.   What it does say is the permit is only valid if it is attached to the snowmobile it is issued for.

I'll check mine more carefully next year. 

1 hour ago, VicFish said:

51 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

There have been discussions on this topic on more than one occasion over the years when the question is brought up, there is nothing that states you must carry the "application" or "agreement" with you that you receive with the permit for the permit to be valid.

On 1/10/2023 at 10:54 AM, skidooboy said:

it says you "should" carry the paperwork but, there is no requirement or law. (that I am aware of). your results may vary. Ski

On the application it does state "please carry this proof of purchase with you", but this does not imply the permit is only valid with the paperwork, merely a suggestion to carry it.

Honestly though, the proof is in the pudding based on when you are stopped for a trail side paperwork check and from my experience, this little piece of paper has never been asked for, I can even say many officers that I have been stopped by have not even cared to see the permit, just ownership, insurance & license.....usually these are the officers in cruisers at road crossings though vs. the officers (SAVE unit) on actual sleds on the trail system, and some of those officers on the trails will simply do a quick stop, ask about your day, look for the permit and on your way.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 7:58 AM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I haven't been stopped in a few years and when I had been, paperwork they asked to see was ownership and insurance only.

Yep, Lic. &. ins. They could care less about who owns the trail sticker.

Still have my permits on my desk.

07F4399F-365E-45AE-8956-44C45A6C1DC3.thumb.jpeg.d10fcbcf1c8358efd4a4fcd9bd532be6.jpeg

Going way out there on a thin limb….lol, the OFSC would possibly be able to charge you with Trespass if they found that the permit was not registered to the owner of the snowmobile since there would be no signed agreement. 

Can someone please tell me why ever picture I post turns sideways now? I had to take this picture with the paper turned sideways in order to get righted. Doesn’t matter how I hold the phone, they all turn.

it says please, not required, not law, not mandated. it is a suggestion.

could Barney Fife ticket you, yep. and further hold up the court for dumb stuff, only for the judge to read the "please", and not a "required, for permit to be valid", and say case dismissed, oh, opp, ofsc, mto, pay the courts and the defendants costs, please. ;) Barney, next time read the fine print before you ticket someone and bring this S-show to my courtroom. ;) 

guessing here but, I see that is how that would go. Ski  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Still have my permits on my desk.

07F4399F-365E-45AE-8956-44C45A6C1DC3.thumb.jpeg.d10fcbcf1c8358efd4a4fcd9bd532be6.jpeg

Going way out there on a thin limb….lol, the OFSC would possibly be able to charge you with Trespass if they found that the permit was not registered to the owner of the snowmobile since there would be no signed agreement. 

Can someone please tell me why ever picture I post turns sideways now? I had to take this picture with the paper turned sideways in order to get righted. Doesn’t matter how I hold the phone, they all turn.

If you edit the picture before you post, it will usually correct itself i.e. resize, etc.....

Oddly enough though, lately I have not edited all my pictures and it posts fine.

• Like 1