Snowmobile Cover for Outdoor Overnight Storage

stoney

What have people found/used to cover there sled  up when out on saddle bag trip for overnight stays or leaving sled out for the night at home or cottage?

Looking for a lightweight & compact cover to use at night just to keep the fresh snow off of sled for easier morning cleanup & departure, that can be packed up easy and a small foot print for storage.

Not looking for a durable cover used for towing purposes.

The sled that it will be used on is a Skidoo Gen4, but ideally looking for something that is one size fits all kind of thing.

we use these. covers skis and all. yes, I know it is for a cat but, you get the idea. super lightweight, packable, can reduce down to a very small size to pack away, if you want to travel with it. not a trailerable cover but, does overnight outdoors, and dust duties in the garage nicely. Ski

10 hours ago, skidooboy said:

we use these. covers skis and all. yes, I know it is for a cat but, you get the idea. super lightweight, packable, can reduce down to a very small size to pack away, if you want to travel with it. not a trailerable cover but, does overnight outdoors, and dust duties in the garage nicely. Ski

Yes, garage duty as well - good point!

I use an old car cover now that I had from an old car I no longer have that I just trimmed a little. 

I bought one from these guys at the Toronto sled show.   https://outdoorcovers.ca/snowmobile-covers/ 

CC7B3135-B45C-4A0B-98FB-4A8E7A4F6191.jpeg

D9111CA7-B756-40CC-A88C-EAA17AA6C877.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 9:23 AM, Blackstar said:

I have a couple snowmobile covers I bought from Princess Auto that I keep around to cover sleds and bikes in the shed. They are light weight and around $50.

I've been running the cheap(er) Princess sled covers for 20 years. Light, usually has its own bag, I add a bungee over the center of the sled when windy and it works fine. Use it in the trailer to keep the rain leakage off of the front of the sled. Cheap and works.

I found one at princess auto - it was cheap and packed really tight. Like half the size of a football.

Serves the purpose as it only gets used a few times a year.

MS

• Like 2

Givin' the weather lately and 14 day forecast, perhaps try this one....

image.png.5474b8e23009230ffb3729c5a391e701.png

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, ontariof7 said:

Givin' the weather lately and 14 day forecast, perhaps try this one....

image.png.5474b8e23009230ffb3729c5a391e701.png

Ouch lol. Better then wearing garbage bags, like I did on one January ride to get back to truck.

Just checked long range for musoka and it’s above zero every day with some rain inbetween from Jan 11 to 20 th or so. Ouch! 
🤣

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Ouch lol. Better then wearing garbage bags, like I did on one January ride to get back to truck.

Just checked long range for musoka and it’s above zero every day with some rain inbetween from Jan 11 to 20 th or so. Ouch! 
🤣

Did that back in the day after Owen sound snow cross!…great ride up!….. not so great going home…..more like muddle jumping!

• 2 weeks later...

We travel with this in the trailer. Some accommodation hosts are providing them also.
Half-Way Haven did last year. 30 seconds per sled.

789C65B8-2082-4A82-B73D-E3F4A2208F6A.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 4:36 PM, barberch said:

I bought one from these guys at the Toronto sled show.   https://outdoorcovers.ca/snowmobile-covers/ 

CC7B3135-B45C-4A0B-98FB-4A8E7A4F6191.jpeg

D9111CA7-B756-40CC-A88C-EAA17AA6C877.jpeg

I forgot to update, I ended up buying from these guys, price is good, shipped fast and the cover works good.

Tried PA first, but out of stock by me - likely the same one they sell as well.

The cover fits my sled perfectly too, figured there might be some issues since they are all different.

• Like 2