Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Gadgetman last won the day on March 23

Gadgetman had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

208 Excellent

About Gadgetman

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Contact Methods

  • MSN

Profile Information

  • Location
  • Main Riding Area
  • Sled
  • Previous and/or Other Sleds
  • 20/21 Mileage
  • 19/20 Mileage
  • 18/19 Mileage
  • 17/18 Mileage
  • 16/17 Mileage
  • Interests
  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

1,641 profile views
  1. Used slightly last couple of years when doing sled work. Manual included. I'm in Orleans/Ottawa. I can drop off between Ottawa and Huntsville, 30 June, as sled trailer is half empty. Otherwise it is a pickup deal. $250
  2. Plan is complete. thank you guys for the input which greatly assisted with finding a new start point, vice NB or the 10-15 years of NL. Book the rooms in the coming weeks. Now, wait for the new sled and deliver the Vector up north to Kearney next Tuesday.
  3. Thanks. Based on the sled sales numbers, I don't think it wise to leave planning until November, like in the past. I figure warm places to sleep may be in very short supply this winter. So, yes, earlier than normal planning. I may also have a busy business travel schedule to the USA in the fall, so banging this off now is better for me.
  4. I put higher foam and a new seat cover on my 2013 Vector last year. I have now sold the Vector. I have the original foam and seat cover, no tears, in great shape. (Always stored out of the sun.) All black. No seat pan. If someone is interested in it, let me know and we'll see about figuring out a price. (I'm in Ottawa.)
  5. It would be from Sat to the following Friday, and based on my drafts, we would only stay the first night (Sat), and we would pull out Friday, instead of staying that night. Mind you, I find that freeing up rooms on a Friday night during sled season is fine with most places as they have waiting lists. I also figure empty trailer and SUV is less appealing than a sled loaded trailer.
  6. On the off chance that you may know how many rooms with two beds they have, I would need 3 rooms with two beds in each room, in other words it is 6 guys, (no couples). The web site isn't clear on how many double bed rooms they have. I'm still awaiting word from the group on switching to TEM from NL. Ups Day 1 to 313KM from 246Km, which is fine. Adds about 38Km to the last day, but landing at TEM puts us in striking distance of trailering home that same day. Thanks
  7. Link shows that the work is expected to be complete by July 31,2021. Are you parking your trucks and trailers at Tem Rose, and leaving them for the week there? I would need space for 3 SUV's and trailers. Looking into this as an alternate to now flipping from NL down to NB, based on the recent council decision to open more of North Bay to sleds. Thanks
  8. I reached out to the FCMQ, who directed me to a club contact, who has not responded as yet. I've now planned a 2nd night at the Quality Inn at Rouyan N instead, with a day loop in the opposite direction, should we chose. I now also like to factor in weather delay days, since the Gaspse storm caused us to abort 50% of the trip.
  9. I'll reach out to the FCMQ to hear if they have information on the plan for the trails south of Val d Or for 2022 season (it would be a dead-head out of the Forestal and back to the Forestal). Alternatively, I can plan a day loop out of the Quality Inn at Rouyn-N on the 93 and 83, which covers some of our previous day ride, but in reverse. (If someone complains, then the trip ends on Friday instead of Saturday.) Attached, is my draft, I'll get the hotel list together, then send it out to the group for comment, then we book hotels; then wait for snow.
  10. New Liskard. I'll post the plan tomorrow. This was a consideration for a 2nd day trip before heading to Matagami. instead I'll look at a day trip out of Rouyan Noranda instead., where we head to after Matagami.
  11. Planning next years week trip, and looks like it has moved from New Brunswick to QC. Looking for a 2nd day trip out of the Forestal hotel, but the FCMQ trail map says these trails are closed. Anyone know if that was simply logging last season or something like that, or if the trails in red are closed permanently? The next day is to Matagami. Thanks.
  12. Apparently not enough. (I've sent this to a friend who both he and his wife now ride Harley.)
  13. We stayed at the Lydia Lake "Lodge", outside (further than we thought) of Longlac, so don't know about Qwissys. (Long cold day, dark already, low oil lights on, some deep valleys and hills, (all according to my brother), getting into the lodge.) Itinerary for 2005 Day 1 Kirkland Lake – 204 km – Timmins Top A – A101 – A111C Day 2 Timmins – 255 km – Chapleau C101F Day 3 Chapleau – 290 km – White River Top F – Top D Day 4 White River – 300 km – Longlac Top D – D109A – Top A Day 5 “Day Off” for some fishi
  14. Hey, I thought you were selling me your XRS if my X didn't show up, and you would ride your new Polaris . I sold my Vector to my nephew, who is buying it as a 2nd machine for his family; using it next season is no issue, so I too am not sweating delivery. If my knee replacement slides into November, I may not be able to ride until Feb anyway.
  15. That appears to have changed slightly: Stories about an international shortage of semiconductor chips have been flooding the airwaves in the past month, as a supply-vs.-demand push and pull has affected everything from the automotive industry and smart phones to personal computers and household appliances. And, yes, powersports including snowmobiles are affected as well. In a story on Yahoo Finance Canada, the president and CEO of BRP – maker of Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo, Can-Am and more – admitted the challenge last week. At the same time, his words were intended to sooth concern
  • Create New...