License renewals - snowmobiles

signfan

12 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I was speeding - way over - officer was polite and did me a solid- no need to waste the time and resources - I was guilty and okay to accept what he wrote it up to. 

From what I see day to day - most do not get "off" they get plead down to a lesser

So far I haven’t heard a single thing from courts and it has been almost 11 months.
After 14 months they have no choice but to cancel tickets if you apply for your right to a trail in a reasonable amount of time, under section in charter. 
My friend got his cancelled too. Seems local courts around here only see more serious convictions since covid back log started.  

as to the MTO val tag stickers on our plates and the dates   such as 2021   if you are all up to date carry the receipt to prove in case and out of town Bufford T Justice wants to give you a fine     there are stories out there it happening 

22 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

I think it was posted on this forum already about the renewals and needing a mail out as a reminder.  Like it's a date that you really shouldn't forget. LoL 

Perhaps some try too….lol

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 2:31 PM, volunteer2 said:

Another notice that doesn't get mailed out is your drivers license and health card renewal    kinda important to keep them up to date 

I have a commercial license and they still mail out the reminder for it.

• Like 1

I'm glad the MOT doesn't pay for postage for reminders on the free renewals. Poor ROI. 

Maybe it's Dougie's(Ford) way to start instilling more personal responsibility/accountability on the general public. Hopefully it works and the trickle down effect will hit society at large in a few years!!! :rotflmao:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

I'm glad the MOT doesn't pay for postage for reminders on the free renewals. Poor ROI. 

Maybe it's Dougie's(Ford) way to start instilling more personal responsibility/accountability on the general public. Hopefully it works and the trickle down effect will hit society at large in a few years!!! :rotflmao:

Cash cow for his OPP

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Cash cow for his OPP

Yup and it counts as a minor driving conviction. No such thing as a paper ticket when you are driving a motor vehicle.

If you get a real prick of a cop that won’t accept insurance on your phone as being valid even though he can verify with it that insurance is in fact valid and then write you up for failing to surrender physical insurance card 🤬.  Two traffic convictions 15 percent insurance sur chsrge then 🤑🤑🤣

8 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yup and it counts as a minor driving conviction. No such thing as a paper ticket when you are driving a motor vehicle.

If you get a real prick of a cop that won’t accept insurance on your phone as being valid even though he can verify with it that insurance is in fact valid and then write you up for failing to surrender physical insurance card 🤬.  Two traffic convictions 15 percent insurance sur chsrge then 🤑🤑🤣

The police are not able to verify the insurance policy you provide them is valid from their car - fyi. They, like everyone else, would need to call it in to the company to be sure.

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

The police are not able to verify the insurance policy you provide them is valid from their car - fyi. They, like everyone else, would need to call it in to the company to be sure.

Actually they could by typing in policy number. I asked them and they verified that. I had it all in my phone. They are suppose to accept electronic copies now too. They always check since paper slip doesn’t stop anyone from canceling it and keeping slip 

I am fighting that ticket no response after 11 months. So I am guessing theh will just cancel it. 

3 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Actually they could by typing in policy number. I asked them and they verified that. I had it all in my phone. They are suppose to accept electronic copies now too. They always check since paper slip doesn’t stop anyone from canceling it and keeping slip 

I am fighting that ticket no response after 11 months. So I am guessing theh will just cancel it. 

The officer was not being truthful to you then.

There is no electronic or data connection between individual licensed insurers in Ontario and the police.

The officer would need to contact the insurance company directly to verify if the policy information provided is valid ,and the only information that could be shared with them from the roadside is "yes -the policy number you provided is valid" - or "no, the policy is not valid - it was cancelled on XXXX".

That's it.

I beleive the call in is the way as well - witnessed it on a sled, but of course I assume the resources a cop has on a sled is not the same as in the cruiser, but why would the insurance industry open up their data base to others, insurance companies are very funny when it comes to exposure......for good reasons of course!

And I am hearing more people use the wallat app to keep all their electronic files with them for these things as well - is it approved process, no idea......I have the old fashioned papers.....lol

34 minutes ago, stoney said:

I beleive the call in is the way as well - witnessed it on a sled, but of course I assume the resources a cop has on a sled is not the same as in the cruiser, but why would the insurance industry open up their data base to others, insurance companies are very funny when it comes to exposure......for good reasons of course!

And I am hearing more people use the wallat app to keep all their electronic files with them for these things as well - is it approved process, no idea......I have the old fashioned papers.....lol

They don't - simply put.

An officer would have to call in - identify himself as such - and the only information that can be shared is "yes - it's valid" or "no - it's not valid "

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stoney said:

…..

Electronic proof of insurance is valid in Ontario, but may not be acceptable in other jurisdictions. From I have seen/read Alberta, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec and Ontario are all areas that accept the digital insurance as legal proof

personally I have a hard copy with the ownership and a digital copy on my phone.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Big Pete said:

Electronic proof of insurance is valid in Ontario, but may not be acceptable in other jurisdictions. From I have seen/read Alberta, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec and Ontario are all areas that accept the digital insurance as legal proof

personally I have a hard copy with the ownership and a digital copy on my phone.

Only hard copy for me.

i don’t keep anything other than normal photos on my phone.

Sign up for;       Digital Reminders by email,  phone  or text for Health Card, Driver's Lic., Plate renewals:   Ontario.ca/Reminders   or call 1-800-267-8097

• Like 1