First Impressions - 2013 Vector LTX to a 2022 REN X 900TR 1-5 Ice Ripper

Gadgetman

I put the semi aggressive on my 2018 Sidewinder and never regretted it. Don't need to worry about hole as they will not be coming off. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Only downside is they cost fuel mileage, up to 15 percent. 

Where did you hear that?  I haven't seen that with our sleds riding together (one with trackers and one without).

8 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Only downside is they cost fuel mileage, up to 15 percent. 

I track fuel and trip data very closely, (20 years) and I'm not seeing how I would ever be able to make that level of determination, when you consider the variance in trails, ambient temperatures or even how much ice was in the tunnel for extra weight.  

Although I believe Snow Trackers do lighten the steering I have read on line and have spoken to others in the industry(will not name them), that have cautioned me to stay away from them as I am an aggressive rider.   I have no actually experience or know anyone that uses them, only passing along what I've discovered.

-gravel running....you will get stones lodged in them

-hit something solid hard enough.....they will deform and cannot be straightened without affecting the metal's integrity 

-hitting a stone, frozen rut, or catch a tree root the wrong way will rip the bar from your hands and there have been reports of a broken wrist

-ride too aggressively you may suffer from push (understeer) then if they hook up it can toss you and the sled.

You may not have experienced any of these symptoms.   I am not trying to dissuade anyone from using or purchasing them.....but I will not use them.

I have ordered Bergstrom shims but I'm not expecting much.    New type of skis will be next year as I have already spent considerable money upgrading the sled at Accelerated Technologies and John did set up my sled.

After next season I will determine if I purchase a new sled or not, if I do it will be based on:

-will we continue to lose trails because of the actions of others

-will the season continue to get shorter

-it will need to be a non turbo 4 stroke that can run on regular gas as my 900 ACE can

-suspension equal to what I presently have with the Enduro

-upright riding position

-and most important.....light steering

thanks

brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Although I believe Snow Trackers do lighten the steering I have read on line and have spoken to others in the industry(will not name them), that have cautioned me to stay away from them as I am an aggressive rider.   I have no actually experience or know anyone that uses them, only passing along what I've discovered.

-gravel running....you will get stones lodged in them

-hit something solid hard enough.....they will deform and cannot be straightened without affecting the metal's integrity 

-hitting a stone, frozen rut, or catch a tree root the wrong way will rip the bar from your hands and there have been reports of a broken wrist

-ride too aggressively you may suffer from push (understeer) then if they hook up it can toss you and the sled.

You may not have experienced any of these symptoms.   I am not trying to dissuade anyone from using or purchasing them.....but I will not use them.

In 3 years I now have over 14,000km on my original set...and still going. I do ride aggressively standing up (on my side of the trail). I gone over rr tracks bridges roads rough terrain.

• Like 3

I can chime in here .. ive been running bergstrom triples for last 2 seasons on my 'winder. Never cared for them too much. 

I just found a set of Semi Aggressive snow trackers and just got back from my first ride with them, wow .. what a difference.

Why i never originally went with them in the first place i dont know ..  i hear the same stories as mentioned above and im not worried about it.

Im an aggressive rider and will certainly put them to the test next week up north 

• Like 4

I have about 10k on mine, never one issue. I have been over everything you can imagine. You have to set up the sled and lessen the ski pressure, and eliminate the toe out on the skiis, and adjust to a neutral position. I have been nothing but impressed. The only real issue is they grab a bit on your trailer guides and on bare pavement at the gas station they can be a bit of a pain. I had a dealer put them on as it was their recommendation, and when I first saw them I was like WTF are you putting on my sled...lol. As for fuel economy, I have a 1100T with an Eco tune and I can get about 180km to a tank, this was exactly the same before I put the trackers on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Any issues with them?

No issues what so ever other than Tubo Tim comment about trailer guides. Originally had a set install on my Viper by the dealer and put on 10,000km. Then bought my Side winder and install another set myself on my sidewinder. Highly recommend them.

• Like 3

I'm in the highly recommend them group. I followed the directions on suspension setup when I installed them and they have been great.  They don't push, greatly reduce steering effort and eliminate darting.  We run ski glides on the trailer, so there's no issues there either.  Running them on an XS doo chassis.  Am still interested to hear how the new TS adjustable ras X ski compares.  

• Like 3

Lifted the front of my sled up today to take picture of the Semi Aggressive Snow trackers after 14,000km. All carbide still in place.PXL_20220205_154237668.thumb.jpg.14bb583a61212affce5b56b59d3fd4ee.jpg 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 2/1/2022 at 12:26 PM, oldslowsledder said:

Put a few klicks on my Mach yesterday, immediately noticed a slow speed, light throttle surging....whah,whah,whah,whah...for lack of a better description.

10-15 kilometers an hour, 3800ish rpms, very annoying, sounds embarrassingly sickly. Tried it in ECO mode, a little better but still there. It's actually primary clutch releasing and hooking up, jerks sled.

Dealer doesn't know, said they've never heard of this problem

Going to put a few more miles on it, then back (2hrs each way) to dealer if problem persists

@oldslowsledder,  similar results today. It's the 897 Ramps in the Mach Clutch,  designed for the Launch Control.  Switched back and forth with the XRS 900 Turbo R. It has the 880 Ramps, as well as the rest of the 900 Turbo R's...Something to get used too. The engagement definitely is noticeably harder then the 880 ramps. I am head over heals with these 2 sleds. Looking forward to picking up @Mrs Turbo Doo 900 Turbo R Enduro..

• Like 1