Permit Prices

signfan

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Boating is a choice not a necessity and at our marina/park last weekend, there were many boats that would normally be in the water now that are still dry. The launch ramp is way down on usage as even the fishermen aren't too plentiful.

Setting up the recession very nicely, aren’t they. 
Nothing good when people start holding their wallets extra tight. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stoney said:

Setting up the recession very nicely, aren’t they. 
Nothing good when people start holding their wallets extra tight. 

I think there are many people with not much green in the wallet.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think there are many people with not much green in the wallet.

But the government was just telling us about 6 or so months ago that Canadians have never had so much money in their accounts - maybe people spent it all and never thought the rainy day was coming.....:wtf:

Or perhaps yet another stretching of the truth.....:coffeenose:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I recall seeing that piece of info a week or so ago. 
I’m pretty sure rates usually go up slightly in the summer with demand dropping off a fair amount, not this much though, and usually drops come the cold season. 
Its is also a double whammy since we are now paying more carbon tax too….

Just gas rate going up add carbon tax and all fees close to 50 cents a cubic meter come July first. I bet we get to 65 or so all in by mid winter if this keeps up. That be triple the costs of three half years ago. 

1 hour ago, stoney said:

so spend 60k+ on a new truck to offset the extra fuel costs of towing a trailer…..sounds about right. 
on that same mindset, might as well buy a new sled that is more fuel efficient so you can ride more….

Only upgrade costs really. OFA gets a discount too on a new truck usually around 12 k off or so. Good time to upgrade now, as new trucks are coming in and inventory starting to pile up on lots. Used still selling well too, and will continue to do. Around 25 to 30 k to upgrade now, which isn’t bad at all. Just a ball park. But I have two people that take my used one off my hands, for trade in price plus hst, plus safety and any related parts needed. Good used trucks hard to come by. 

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Only upgrade costs really. OFA gets a discount too on a new truck usually around 12 k off or so. Good time to upgrade now, as new trucks are coming in and inventory starting to pile up on lots. Used still selling well too, and will continue to do. Around 25 to 30 k to upgrade now, which isn’t bad at all. Just a ball park. But I have two people that take my used one off my hands, for trade in price plus hst, plus safety and any related parts needed. Good used trucks hard to come by. 

What are you driving now ?

8 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You better check your OFA discount before counting your savings.  

All discount plans are reduced right now.  I heard today that OFA will be downto $2,500 for 2023 models.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

You better check your OFA discount before counting your savings.  

All discount plans are reduced right now.  I heard today that OFA will be downto $2,500 for 2023 models.  

Yep.   No reason to give the OFA discount.   My Ford dealer buddy can sell every F250 he gets for full list - no point in Ford rebating them at this point.    2 years from now may be a different story......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'm getting paint jobs on my 10 year old trucks with the plan to drive them for another 5 years....lol

You need to start using known. 2002 jeep still on road looks like brand new. Needs a wheel bearing now and some brake work. It’s my winter beater for around town 😎

7 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You need to start using known. 2002 jeep still on road looks like brand new. Needs a wheel bearing now and some brake work. It’s my winter beater for around town 😎

known?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

PLC. I think he means Krown but that would be a dangerous assumption. 
 I used Krown exclusively for years on my  1999 GMC dually and it saved the truck from corrosion all this time. Trouble is, that franchise was sold to another person/company and their workmanship sucks and I haven’t found another dealer that has any better workmanship. Now I am looking for any company regardless of product where the workmanship is acceptable. 

46 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

PLC. I think he means Krown but that would be a dangerous assumption. 
 I used Krown exclusively for years on my  1999 GMC dually and it saved the truck from corrosion all this time. Trouble is, that franchise was sold to another person/company and their workmanship sucks and I haven’t found another dealer that has any better workmanship. Now I am looking for any company regardless of product where the workmanship is acceptable. 

Both locations in Kitchener and Waterloo are owned by the same family. They do a good job overall. I found the trick is to avoid busy seasons especially fall. Like anything not applied properly not going to work effectively as it should. Franchised out so find a different location that does a better job 😎

• Like 1

Good suggestion to go during the slow season.

I have never done this, but always thought I should - the place I go to will let you come in after 6ish months for a quick recoat of the open/exposed areas for a reduced fee.

I agree that it is the applicator of the product that makes the bigger difference, like most things in life, there is the good way of doing things and than the slap it together way of doing things.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:58 PM, Blackstar said:

I'm getting paint jobs on my 10 year old trucks with the plan to drive them for another 5 years....lol

Then you can bring them to the car show lol. Thursday night Elmira Canadian Tire :icon_steer:

• Like 1

Krown for us too. Did 4 in May. Scratch card discount for CAA    have been doing it with different vehicles since 98.  April is probably the best deal with the salt eliminator then spray and can of product.  I switched to Elmira at Savage auto body. Really knowledgeable guy spraying. 5 stars lol

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Krown for us too. Did 4 in May. Scratch card discount for CAA    have been doing it with different vehicles since 98.  April is probably the best deal with the salt eliminator then spray and can of product.  I switched to Elmira at Savage auto body. Really knowledgeable guy spraying. 5 stars lol

Good to know.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 9:57 PM, volunteer2 said:

Good to know. I need to get my Ram 1500 and the Kid's Focus ST done. We both had bodywork done this spring at Portugal Autobody and Willie says we need to get some oil into them.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2022 at 9:43 PM, volunteer2 said:

Then you can bring them to the car show lol. Thursday night Elmira Canadian Tire :icon_steer:

Been working a ton of hours lately but I'll try to get up there on a Thursday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You usually go? Just a show no cruise? 

The Elmira cruise night last night was the first one.  It kinda replaces the Elora cruise night cause the guy with the food trailer moved it.  I am going to try and get there .   

21 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

The Elmira cruise night last night was the first one.  It kinda replaces the Elora cruise night cause the guy with the food trailer moved it.  I am going to try and get there .   

Tough to get up to Holstein on a week night when I'm working until 6pm+ most nights but I'd like to get there just to support the cause.

Elmira is more doable and will likely draw most of the old crowd from Elora as it goes on.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 10:09 AM, catinental couch said:

Sorry. Not interested in driving 200 miles to get undercoating done. I have always got it done in late spring to early summer. 

http://hpmobilerustcontrol.com/

These guys do an awesom ejob.  Come right to our farm, and do all our vehicles, and my wifes horse trailer.  Resonable priced.  I think the last time they were at my place, they were talking about having to do some work in Huntsville, so maybe, with enough notice, they can add you in next time they go to Orrilia, or somehwere close by.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1