Jump to content
andreyboater

Kapuskasing and Hearst

Recommended Posts

Hwy 11 at yet another stand still on this end of Kapuskasing 

20210312_082615.jpg

20210312_082620.jpg

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

White Dragon and crew helping out your friendly neighborhood OPP..

IMG_20210312_081153_049.jpg

IMG_20210312_081156_359.jpg

IMG_20210312_081200_103.jpg

IMG_20210312_081207_749.jpg

IMG_20210312_081210_746.jpg

No speeding tickets for us the rest of the trip. :rotflmao:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ground floor view from Super8 Kap8D57E1A1-5CC4-48A4-AFAF-3007BC719C77.thumb.jpeg.3b854f305edff2245c4f26a7d9037e30.jpegCBED455C-3E4F-4E49-A943-4814108DA510.thumb.jpeg.64acd644bd19b322e5eaf191a7fb3639.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FIRE242 said:

No speeding tickets for us the rest of the trip. :rotflmao:

:smil9:

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, FIRE242 said:

Ground floor view from Super8 Kap8D57E1A1-5CC4-48A4-AFAF-3007BC719C77.thumb.jpeg.3b854f305edff2245c4f26a7d9037e30.jpegCBED455C-3E4F-4E49-A943-4814108DA510.thumb.jpeg.64acd644bd19b322e5eaf191a7fb3639.jpeg

:right_on:. Full house of OC members.  

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

:right_on:. Full house of OC members.  

Have fun gang!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Super 8 in Hearst this morning. 

176F219F-E500-4BC3-9D72-6E31DF3E8941.jpeg

5B76A556-1D4A-481D-88A3-1BF37790D429.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

:right_on:. Full house of OC members.  

Paige and I really missing all the QC Members this season!  Saw 65°F here at the bottom of Michigan the past few days. 

 

So happy you all have seen the weather change up there and can have a great experience.  (A bit jealous)  Be Safe!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any fellow OC’rs going to be at cochrane thrift lodge south this weekend and riding a 2021 Polaris matryk platform ?

im in need of some measurements to see if an assault will fit or not in my trailer.

Length it will fit if the hood /windshield allows sled to go all the way to the front.

 

my XS chassis can go all the way, but G4 (with more forward cockpit and higher stance) wont allow to park all the way in as windshield profile starts to hit.

 

BAF074C0-D909-4345-8C34-FB8687EB789D.thumb.jpeg.8acda96bcf7d6f706c1c0a0a5d790483.jpeg

35F8BB94-3AA5-48C7-9A15-D643A82F82B3.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

Any fellow OC’rs going to be at cochrane thrift lodge south this weekend and riding a 2021 Polaris matryk platform ?

im in need of some measurements to see if an assault will fit or not in my trailer.

Length it will fit if the hood /windshield allows sled to go all the way to the front.

 

my XS chassis can go all the way, but G4 (with more forward cockpit and higher stance) wont allow to park all the way in as windshield profile starts to hit.

 

BAF074C0-D909-4345-8C34-FB8687EB789D.thumb.jpeg.8acda96bcf7d6f706c1c0a0a5d790483.jpeg

35F8BB94-3AA5-48C7-9A15-D643A82F82B3.jpeg

Easy to pull windshield off or get adjustable one!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Easy to pull windshield off or get adjustable one!

Agreed - but I think even with G4 hood being so far forward I think it would hit next before skis hit front (if I removed the medium shield)

Hoping Polaris is not the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be careful kids, another truck in the ditch today out by 631...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading to cochrane now instead of QC. Nice to see the snow reports. Thanks and keep them coming. Hope to see some of you on the trail.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, willb said:

Heading to cochrane now instead of QC. Nice to see the snow reports. Thanks and keep them coming. Hope to see some of you on the trail.

did you get rooms ?   everyone seems to be thinking the same    I couldnt get anything for next week 

Edited by volunteer2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just rode from Cochrane to Kap, good ride all the way. Left Cochrane this morning in a whiteout, cleared up a bit by smoth rock. Passed the Cochrane groomer that was  heading to the canyon, Smooth Rock was grooming East to Greenwater. OPP had Hwy 11 closed at Smooth Rock when we went through at noon, trucks backed up as far as you could see.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ecarnell said:

Any fellow OC’rs going to be at cochrane thrift lodge south this weekend and riding a 2021 Polaris matryk platform ?

im in need of some measurements to see if an assault will fit or not in my trailer.

Length it will fit if the hood /windshield allows sled to go all the way to the front.

 

my XS chassis can go all the way, but G4 (with more forward cockpit and higher stance) wont allow to park all the way in as windshield profile starts to hit.

 

BAF074C0-D909-4345-8C34-FB8687EB789D.thumb.jpeg.8acda96bcf7d6f706c1c0a0a5d790483.jpeg

35F8BB94-3AA5-48C7-9A15-D643A82F82B3.jpeg

Is your trailer a 10 foot triton? If so no an assault won't fit......just brought one for JR and its too long 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ecarnell said:

Any fellow OC’rs going to be at cochrane thrift lodge south this weekend and riding a 2021 Polaris matryk platform ?

im in need of some measurements to see if an assault will fit or not in my trailer.

Length it will fit if the hood /windshield allows sled to go all the way to the front.

 

my XS chassis can go all the way, but G4 (with more forward cockpit and higher stance) wont allow to park all the way in as windshield profile starts to hit.

 

BAF074C0-D909-4345-8C34-FB8687EB789D.thumb.jpeg.8acda96bcf7d6f706c1c0a0a5d790483.jpeg

35F8BB94-3AA5-48C7-9A15-D643A82F82B3.jpeg

So you want to come to the dark side of the Poo sleds? Good for you. And you need to get your son on one as well.lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Is your trailer a 10 foot triton? If so no an assault won't fit......just brought one for JR and its too long 

Tc11, 127” deck with couple extra inches for ski tips at front.

Should “fit” if clearance for body/windshield 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Johnny_5oh said:

So you want to come to the dark side of the Poo sleds? Good for you. And you need to get your son on one as well.lol

Yep.... 650 Vr1 137” and either an 850 assault or 850 XCR 136” (if assault can’t fit in trailer....)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

Yep.... 650 Vr1 137” and either an 850 assault or 850 XCR 136” (if assault can’t fit in trailer....)

 

Nice choices. Hope you can get an assault in your future. Me on the other hand will just keep my switchback with 15k on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

did you get rooms ?   everyone seems to be thinking the same    I couldnt get anything for next week 

Yeah just booked rooms on way up 2 hrs ago as we changed plans last minute. If I spoke French maybe we could have figure out how the trails were in QC but couldn’t figure it out. Next time. 
 

So we booked cochrane westward today. Back to the rooms; we got in tonight at the westway (was fully booked yesterday when I checked so someone  must have cancelled). Then got in Hearst Super 8 and kap Super 8 other nights no problem. 
 

if you can’t get in cochrane try the moose in smooth rock. Or even the train station hotel in cochrane usually has stuff. Or floods landing just outside of cochrane. 
 

good luck!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely spectacular day of riding. Enjoying cocktails now at the Super 8 in Hearst.  This is the busiest I've seen the Super 8 and Companion EVER. Absolutely packed with Sleds. Was very nice to meet OC member 1049 and his wife this am in Kap. And thanks to you 1049 for the parking arrangements tonight. :right_on:. Lots of OC members here tonight.  Some photos to share..First picture is Us and @Evil and company getting ready to hit the trails..

20210312_100346.jpg

20210312_110356.jpg

20210312_110404.jpg

20210312_111722.jpg

20210312_111730.jpg

20210312_112056.jpg

20210312_112104.jpg

20210312_112255.jpg

20210312_112608.jpg

20210312_114653.jpg

20210312_115439.jpg

20210312_130609.jpg

20210312_132737.jpg

20210312_132745.jpg

20210312_132751.jpg

20210312_134122.jpg

20210312_134136.jpg

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ecarnell said:

Agreed - but I think even with G4 hood being so far forward I think it would hit next before skis hit front (if I removed the medium shield)

Hoping Polaris is not the same.

My '18 XRS doesn't hit front of Triton 10' clamshell with med. adj. windshield down!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Muskoka1 said:

My '18 XRS doesn't hit front of Triton 10' clamshell with med. adj. windshield down!

Dutchmans asking why your not here riding with us...:poke2::evil2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Absolutely spectacular day of riding. Enjoying cocktails now at the Super 8 in Hearst.  This is the busiest I've seen the Super 8 and Companion EVER. Absolutely packed with Sleds. Was very nice to meet OC member 1049 and his wife this am in Kap. And thanks to you 1049 for the parking arrangements tonight. :right_on:. Lots of OC members here tonight.  Some photos to share..First picture is Us and @Evil and company getting ready to hit the trails..

20210312_100346.jpg

20210312_110356.jpg

20210312_110404.jpg

20210312_111722.jpg

20210312_111730.jpg

20210312_112056.jpg

20210312_112104.jpg

20210312_112255.jpg

20210312_112608.jpg

20210312_114653.jpg

20210312_115439.jpg

20210312_130609.jpg

20210312_132737.jpg

20210312_132745.jpg

20210312_132751.jpg

20210312_134122.jpg

20210312_134136.jpg

Awesome pics!!  Glad conditions worked out for everyone, trails look amazing:right_on:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...