Kapuskasing and Hearst

andreyboater

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Dutchmans asking why your not here riding with us...:poke2::evil2:

Guess I bailed when Hank [Dave] decided not to go!

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

You could have still came. Dutchmans saying he is not invited anymore..LMFAO..:rotflmao:

Hankster can be a bit 'flaky' @ times!

1 hour ago, ecarnell said:

Yep.... 650 Vr1 137” and either an 850 assault or 850 XCR 136” (if assault can’t fit in trailer....)

Get the XCR. The assault is not a trail sled that will give you miles of smiles. 

Its a great sled for what it is 

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

We're off to a good start tonight already,  the Dutchmans locked himself out of his room :lmao::rotflmao::cheers::banghead:....

Leave him outside!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, willb said:

Yeah just booked rooms on way up 2 hrs ago as we changed plans last minute. If I spoke French maybe we could have figure out how the trails were in QC but couldn’t figure it out. Next time. 

So we booked cochrane westward today. Back to the rooms; we got in tonight at the westway (was fully booked yesterday when I checked so someone  must have cancelled). Then got in Hearst Super 8 and kap Super 8 other nights no problem. 

if you can’t get in cochrane try the moose in smooth rock. Or even the train station hotel in cochrane usually has stuff. Or floods landing just outside of cochrane. 

good luck!

There were sleds @ the Travelodge beside the truck stop & a few by the Chimo when we drove west to Kap 2 weeks ago. Check my database for contact info.

33 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Traffic Jam at the Companion...

20210312_173447.jpg

Whats the overnight low forecast to be? Is the garage really necessary?

3 hours ago, willb said:

Yeah just booked rooms on way up 2 hrs ago as we changed plans last minute. If I spoke French maybe we could have figure out how the trails were in QC but couldn’t figure it out. Next time. 

So we booked cochrane westward today. Back to the rooms; we got in tonight at the westway (was fully booked yesterday when I checked so someone  must have cancelled). Then got in Hearst Super 8 and kap Super 8 other nights no problem. 

if you can’t get in cochrane try the moose in smooth rock. Or even the train station hotel in cochrane usually has stuff. Or floods landing just outside of cochrane. 

good luck!

Good to hear that you are set up. Not sure what I was or am thinking. I am booking for next weekend. Thurs is solid booked in Cochrane. I got moose in SRF  heading to Hearst   all booked there then Kap booked and SRF to finish.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Absolutely spectacular day of riding. Enjoying cocktails now at the Super 8 in Hearst.  This is the busiest I've seen the Super 8 and Companion EVER. Absolutely packed with Sleds. Was very nice to meet OC member 1049 and his wife this am in Kap. And thanks to you 1049 for the parking arrangements tonight. :right_on:. Lots of OC members here tonight.  Some photos to share..First picture is Us and @Evil and company getting ready to hit the trails..

20210312_100346.jpg

20210312_110356.jpg

20210312_110404.jpg

20210312_111722.jpg

20210312_111730.jpg

20210312_112056.jpg

20210312_112104.jpg

20210312_112255.jpg

20210312_112608.jpg

20210312_114653.jpg

20210312_115439.jpg

20210312_130609.jpg

20210312_132737.jpg

20210312_132745.jpg

20210312_132751.jpg

20210312_134122.jpg

20210312_134136.jpg

Will be there tomorrow 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

For the rookies it is. 

We weren't planning on using it but seeing as the temps dropped & forecast snow the Sun' we were leaving, figured the departure would be easier gearing up. Mind you I was just packing for overnight as opposed to a loop.

Talking with the OPP last weekend they strongly suggested using the garage as they have been investigating numerous sled thefts in Hearst . As he said for 12$ why not . I had the oldest sled in the barn that night I'm sure l could have left it on the sidewalk with the key  and no one would have touched it.

2 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Talking with the OPP last weekend they strongly suggested using the garage as they have been investigating numerous sled thefts in Hearst . As he said for 12$ why not . I had the oldest sled in the barn that night I'm sure l could have left it on the sidewalk with the key  and no one would have touched it.

In all the years of staying in Hearst (or elsewhere alongthe Corridor) I haven't heard of any thefts during my stays.

Mind you in the 90s a sled was stolen from the Jolly Roger while we were there.

7 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Take mine please. Just make sure I am not around....

Did just under 300km today, great loops in and around Kap and Hearst, the L155 and the L123 were mint, great conditions and great scenery. I may have found my new favorite riding area....

• Like 6

Have next Tuesday and Wed night booked at the Advantage in Kap that we haven't canceled yet, (2 beds). Going to Stay in Hearst for those nights then back to Kap for Thursday. Let me know if someone wants the room, I'll hang on to them till tomorrow then cancel them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Paige and I really missing all the QC Members this season!  Saw 65°F here at the bottom of Michigan the past few days. 

So happy you all have seen the weather change up there and can have a great experience.  (A bit jealous)  Be Safe!

The OC members are missing you guys, zrtkat, skidoo boy, and all our neighbours to the south. We look forward to seeing you guys next season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1