Kapuskasing and Hearst

andreyboater

7 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I still want to get away next weekend but the extra drive to Kap may send me to quebec instead.   I will still probably end up in Cochrane as long as I can ride west towards Hearst. 

Consider the comments on the Mont Laurier Conditions post about QC and COVID restrictions.

(Note, I saw your post about buying a sled for your Dad, if and when he needs one. Can you adopt me as a 2nd Dad? :-))

4 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Consider the comments on the Mont Laurier Conditions post about QC and COVID restrictions.

(Note, I saw your post about buying a sled for your Dad, if and when he needs one. Can you adopt me as a 2nd Dad? :-))

I would go towards Amos.    They will let you eat in restaurants in that region but the curfew is still in effect.   By the sounds of it, Mont Laurier is done for the season.  

Edited by scottyr

16 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I still want to get away next weekend but the extra drive to Kap may send me to quebec instead.   I will still probably end up in Cochrane as long as I can ride west towards Hearst. 

Quebec came up in the conversation too     that rain did go thru Rouyn     we know guys comming home early    What are you thinking for Quebec  ?

Edited by volunteer2

Amos is still good and is expecting some snow this week.   Cochrane and Amos are within 14kms difference of each other from Mitchell.    

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I would go towards Amos.    They will let you eat in restaurants in that region but the curfew is still in effect.   By the sounds of it, Mont Laurier is done for the season.  

Not if they are following the gov't rules.  Anyone from a red zone or out of province has to follow covid rules for the red zone.  8 pm curfew and no sit down dining.  Take out only.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, signfan said:

Not if they are following the gov't rules.  Anyone from a red zone or out of province has to follow covid rules for the red zone.  8 pm curfew and no sit down dining.  Take out only.

All I know is that I called the Amosphere and asked if we can eat in the restaurant and the lady said no problem at all.    My buddies were just at the Forestel last week and ate there as well.     I do know that there are some places that are not allowing out of region people to sit down though like La Cage at Rouyn.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Don't wait too long.

Should improve. I went one week after rain before in previous years and it was awesome again. Not sure how thick base is this year, sounds like there is less snow pack then average by reports. Is there no snow below hornepayne this year as well? 

14 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Should improve. I went one week after rain before in previous years and it was awesome again. Not sure how thick base is this year, sounds like there is less snow pack then average by reports. Is there no snow below hornepayne this year as well? 

Perry from Hornepayne club told me that there is not enough snow to groom 20kms south of Hornepayne.   

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, scottyr said:

All I know is that I called the Amosphere and asked if we can eat in the restaurant and the lady said no problem at all.    My buddies were just at the Forestel last week and ate there as well.     I do know that there are some places that are not allowing out of region people to sit down though like La Cage at Rouyn.   

Hey Scott, I was there a week ago, Amos had restuarant closed and no sit down(open for breaky). Mike's in town allowed sit down. Big hotels in Val Dor all allowed sit down. Smaller town lunch stops showed us the door. No rhyme or reason as I can figure. Amosphere was open for sitdown for 3 days(month ago) and they closed back up...to many people.

3 hours ago, sinc71 said:

Anyone know of a good location in Kap to park if we trailer over there for the day?

There is a parking area south of the highway in Moonbeam (east of Beauvais Rd). It's just west of where L123 turns south.

I was stopped in it when I took this photo

20210304_081542.thumb.jpg.f3f87483b5b16964c8744132af92a7cd.jpg

• Like 1

A little warm in Timmins . And things that make you say WTF

E4401989-D011-4B19-A9CB-681E71D33752.jpeg

D7651421-FFE3-441D-915E-E88DBE34AE88.jpeg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

Hey Scott, I was there a week ago, Amos had restuarant closed and no sit down(open for breaky). Mike's in town allowed sit down. Big hotels in Val Dor all allowed sit down. Smaller town lunch stops showed us the door. No rhyme or reason as I can figure. Amosphere was open for sitdown for 3 days(month ago) and they closed back up...to many people.

Well that sucks.    Thanks for the heads up.

17 minutes ago, 1049 said:

A little warm in Timmins . And things that make you say WTF

D7651421-FFE3-441D-915E-E88DBE34AE88.jpeg

Elog told him to park and rest? Where was that near? I see the red & white OFSC 'waiver sign' in front of the tractor.

Reports on Faceplant that 11 is closed west of Hearst due to weather.

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

And that's why I drove to kap... Glad you guys made it to the truck.  See you guys around kap.

Just turning around and heading north again 15 c just south of Latchford

• Like 1

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Elog told him to park and rest? Where was that near? I see the red & white OFSC 'waiver sign' in front of the tractor.

10 minutes from Timmins 

26 minutes ago, 1049 said:

10 minutes from Timmins 

SMH

Taking a shortcut to Cochrane?

55 minutes ago, revrnd said:

SMH

Taking a shortcut to Cochrane?

Kris, I think that spot is where C crosses Hwy. 655 north of all the driveway crossings, as you head north out of Timmins toward Cochrane. So the transport appears to have been headed south toward Timmins when he pulled off to "park" there. WTF, indeed.