Snow?

Bigdaddy63250

If only this could pan out.....

C31AF3B1-BD4E-4ADE-AF33-81D0269FBD07.thumb.png.87a60101d88432dc5ac25ae196295f24.png

Edited by Arctic JC
  • Like 1

I'm prdicting there will be many km's of trail opening up in southwestern Ontario in the next few days. There are some clubs that are grooming and just need a few cm's of this snow to get open.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 1:40 PM, Blackstar said:

We got 3-4 inches of fluff in KW area yesterday morning. They must have gotten more north of us because I see B&W has open trails today.

Delete quickly please

5 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I'm prdicting there will be many km's of trail opening up in southwestern Ontario in the next few days. There are some clubs that are grooming and just need a few cm's of this snow to get open.

Good, just what is needed seeing as driving to far is not an option to ride and the now Red trails are not helping either :right_on:

I was driving east Kaladar then up to Bancroft for work today, there seems to be a boat load of snow up there, trails looked good from what I could see

47 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

If only this could pan out.....

C31AF3B1-BD4E-4ADE-AF33-81D0269FBD07.thumb.png.87a60101d88432dc5ac25ae196295f24.png

With the northwesterly winds coming this is looking good.. 

22 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

There was a post on Facebook today that said the same, "District 5 would have trails available by the weekend.

I've spent hours going back and forth between club trails and PHU boundaries. Its going to be interesting as to how they are going to close these borders. Currently those B&W trails that are open don't connect to the Maitland trails due to a border between  Perth Health Unit and Huron as you can see if you check the map currently. But Maitland's trail actually extends into Huron and B&W grooms into Perth north of Monkton and Brodhagen.

Teviotdale is surrounded on 3 sides by Waterloo-Dufferin-Guelph HU but if you go towards Palmerston or Gowanstown then your in Perth HU. Go north of Palmerton or towards Conestogo Lake/Drayton and its Waterloo-Dufferin-Guelph again.

St Clements and Elmira club are not supposed to connect to Lake Conestogo's trails like they did when they opened a couple weekends ago.since Elmira and St Clements are Region of Waterloo HU and Conestogo is Waterloo-Dufferin-Guelph HU.

Crazy.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There was a post on Facebook today that said the same, "District 5 would have trails available by the weekend.

I've spent hours going back and forth between club trails and PHU boundaries. Its going to be interesting as to how they are going to close these borders. Currently those B&W trails that are open don't connect to the Maitland trails due to a border between  Perth Health Unit and Huron as you can see if you check the map currently. But Maitland's trail actually extends into Huron and B&W grooms into Perth north of Monkton and Brodhagen.

Teviotdale is surrounded on 3 sides by Waterloo-Dufferin-Guelph HU but if you go towards Palmerston or Gowanstown then your in Perth HU. Go north of Palmerton or towards Conestogo Lake/Drayton and its Waterloo-Dufferin-Guelph again.

St Clements and Elmira club are not supposed to connect to Lake Conestogo's trails like they did when they opened a couple weekends ago.since Elmira and St Clements are Region of Waterloo HU and Conestogo is Waterloo-Dufferin-Guelph HU.

Crazy.

Huron Perth is one health unit now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Huron Perth is one health unit now.

Ok, best map I could find was from 2015. 

So the closed piece of trail is actually closed,,,,lol

Edit: Nope the map is showing Health Regions, not Health Units. My comments surrounding Teviotdale are still correct though.

Edited by Blackstar

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Ok, best map I could find was from 2015. 

So the closed piece of trail is actually closed,,,,lol

Ya'h, I was trying to figure that out to. Last winter I'm pretty sure that portion of red trail (it is mostly on one large dairy farm) which has been there for years was re routed to the west. Not sure whats up with it this year. By tomorrow they should have enough snow to ride a couple of sideroads to get around it anyway. 

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Snowing nicely in Exeter.

PXL_20210123_033354565.jpg

• Like 1