What's Your Plan

ToSlow

37 minutes ago, gobills said:

So now whats the plan?  Not looking good fof sledding

This season the plan is ever changing I think 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gobills said:

According to what I've read from a few media outlets if their information is correct, the north would only be locked down for 2 weeks. By the Windy.com snow depth map there is still much of the north that needs more snow so 2 weeks might not hurt too badly.

1 hour ago, gobills said:

If we have enough snow, ride around the woodlot?

If the ice was OK, Chandos is an option.

I got a email from the club president and he said he'd pass any info along. The club's Facebook 'person' has been told to tells folks to wait for further info.

We'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

I hope that if there is indeed a "lockdown" announced tomorrow that it tightens things up more than the current grey designation has done. The grey designation hasn't really lowered case counts signifigantly in the areas that have been under that designation now so I do not see how putting more areas that did not previously need to be grey under those same conditions would fix the issue.

• Like 1

It's not so much that we need snow it's that we need to be able to pack the snow and wet areas we do have. A 2 week shut down puts us very far back, as 2 weeks from now we would have had rideable trails, now we would need to re check everything. It's shutting down the prep work that will really hurt. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I hope that if there is indeed a "lockdown" announced tomorrow that it tightens things up more than the current grey designation has done. The grey designation hasn't really lowered case counts signifigantly in the areas that have been under that designation now so I do not see how putting more areas that did not previously need to be grey under those same conditions would fix the issue.

Well the azzhats won't be able to region jump now.

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Well the azzhats won't be able to region jump now.

That's true at least for 2 weeks then they could go north if  news reports are correct.

1 minute ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

That's true at least for 2 weeks then they could go north if  news reports are correct.

I doubt they 'diehards' from the GTA will want to venture north of Muskoka in the winter. "You know it snows up there and I think polar bears eat people"

Since Thanksgiving we haven't seen the carloads of idgits here like we did it the summer. Unless some of them start buying sleds or skis, they'll be hunkered down i their condos or parents' basements.

I think the bigger problem will be those who ignore the lockdown if it does come this week and the numbers continue to climb from Xmas and New Years 

That behaviour will just add to the length of the lockdown no one wants yet is needed to save lives 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

I think the bigger problem will be those who ignore the lockdown if it does come this week and the numbers continue to climb from Xmas and New Years 

That behaviour will just add to the length of the lockdown no one wants yet is needed to save lives 

You are right. But i think we all need to be prepared for the stupid people continually ruining for others. That will never end

7 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

You are right. But i think we all need to be prepared for the stupid people continually ruining for others. That will never end

Yes I believe That is what I meant by bigger problem

7 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Is there evidence the lockdowns have an effect? 

Asking for a friend.

lockdowns don’t do crap!!..... prove me wrong!???.... until you close Walmart and Costco etc!..... we are not accomplishing a

dam thing!!

• Like 2

Just now, T bird said:

lockdowns don’t do crap!!..... prove me wrong!???.... until you close Walmart and Costco etc!..... we are not accomplishing a

dam thing!!

I’d even go as far to say making it worst. 
Mad rush the weekend before the announced shutdown increasing large numbers, less places to shop increasing large numbers and forcing “hot spot” folks to go to non hot spot locations to carry on with life...

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

I’d even go as far to say making it worst. 
Mad rush the weekend before the announced shutdown increasing large numbers, less places to shop increasing large numbers and forcing “hot spot” folks to go to non hot spot locations to carry on with life...

Already happening.  Its not the stores that are the problems.  Its infected people visiting other people..

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Touche'

Stupidity is much more rampant than covid-look who we have for a P.M.!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, manotickmike said:

Is there evidence the lockdowns have an effect? 

Asking for a friend.

Yes, in many parts of the world.

If the lockdown north of Sudbury, or 17, is for two weeks only, and the Southern one is lifted for the last week of January, my sledding season might not be much different from any other year. Yes, I have sledded  in December and January some years, but more years than not sledding for me has started the last weekend of January or February some time. I am going to stay optimistic until I see the whole thing washed away. Could be the beer or the Wiser's talking.....

• Like 4

On 12/21/2020 at 12:21 AM, tricky said:

Yes, in many parts of the world.

If the lockdown north of Sudbury, or 17, is for two weeks only, and the Southern one is lifted for the last week of January, my sledding season might not be much different from any other year. Yes, I have sledded  in December and January some years, but more years than not sledding for me has started the last weekend of January or February some time. I am going to stay optimistic until I see the whole thing washed away. Could be the beer or the Wiser's talking.....

Same here for me in district 2. I looked at pics in my phone from last year and my first ride (locally) was Jan 28. Trailered up to Bancroft the week earlier but mid January is the regular time of year us in district 2. 
No snow on ground and not much in the 14-day forecast I’m pretty sure this lockdown won’t affect sledding in district 2 too much.