Jump to content
SlowTouringGuy

It keeps on Happening, Doesn’t It?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ox said:

Oh yeah?

That's just non res?

 

https://www.ontario.ca/page/recreational-activities-on-crown-land#section-1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a couple asshats that go by my place at full tilt with non stock exhausts

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:31 PM, SlowTouringGuy said:

It is C trail south of Port Severn. It's our clubs trail

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 9:49 AM, crispy said:

So sorry for the landowner.

 

Respect the law and dont trespass. Funny isn't it how the coppers are out in full force harassing sledders on our OWN TRAILS yet none are set up catching these blatant trespassers on ATV's? Nice job there :unsure:

you're mistaken... they are out for both... this is my clubs trail

 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 9:47 PM, Ox said:

OK, I'm not seein' how closing it to skidoo's helps with muddy ATV's?

 

 

He's closing off access to his property period. Too many ATV's cut padlocks on gates (they carry bolt cutters). Too many ATV riders stupidly assume that if it's a snowmobile trail it's automatically an ATV trail as well. Some when confronted by landowners telling them they are trespassing have told the landowners they have a right to be there since it's a snowmobile trail.

 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 9:39 AM, coldfinger said:

All about enforcement  has anyone heard of someone getting charged and convicted of trespassing lately ?  

Yes... one of the ATV clubs had a problem with people not buying permits. They got paid duty OPP to be on their trails at the dates and times they specified. Word spread quickly. The increased permit revenue more than covered the cost of the paid duty OPP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Too many ATV's cut padlocks on gates (they carry bolt cutters).

 

Lions and Tigers and Bears! :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

They got paid duty OPP to be on their trails at the dates and times they specified. Word spread quickly. The increased permit revenue more than covered the cost of the paid duty OPP.

I bet that would work on OFSC trails as well.  Fri, Sat, Sun afternoons  Head towards a warm up shack and wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Dave K said:

I bet that would work on OFSC trails as well.  Fri, Sat, Sun afternoons  Head towards a warm up shack and wait.

It worked when the regional police set up near our clubhouse on wing nights. When we had snow for wing nights and the regional police had money set aside for snowmobile enforcement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 5:37 PM, revrnd said:

All these intellectually superior people playing armchair quarterback. Maybe if law enforcement is so out of touch to them, maybe they should become police officers? They complain that police forces don't have enough visible minorities, yet when said forces try recruit people from the target groups they dont get enough interest to hire people.

 

Sorry for thread hijack and the rant. The stupidity that is running rampant makes CIVID-19 seem like the common cold.

 

I'm hoping the media find some other controversy fast...

Seems to me it is the criminals having issues with police. Any person with an iq higher than 50 can easily see the solution. Stop being a criminal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In many parts of both of our country's, you would have to import minorities to have some.

Anyone other than Ponch and John are gunna stand out like a sore thumb around here.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 9:03 PM, zoso said:

Seems to me it is the criminals having issues with police. Any person with an iq higher than 50 can easily see the solution. Stop being a criminal.

If and this is a big if, the OPP were to 'check' ATVers like the do sledders, the riders would complain. Well like they say, 'a few bad apples spoil it for the rest'. 

 

Azzhats ripping thru villages or towns on quads w/ the bare minimum of safety equipment is sure to draw the attention of the LEOs. I know the regs only require helmets, but to me a t shirt & shorts isn't too bright. Back in the 80s when I was doing a lot of ATVing I had a pair of Fox boots & Answer pants. Looking @ Royal catalog & surprisingly the pricing is more or less the same.

 

I bet Erik & Lynne or Manotick Mike (possibly others I may have missed) don't go offroad riding like they were headed to the beach.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It worked when the regional police set up near our clubhouse on wing nights. When we had snow for wing nights and the regional police had money set aside for snowmobile enforcement.

Well said. And to what I said before,  wait until the new idea of defunding police takes hold.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Well said. And to what I said before,  wait until the new idea of defunding police takes hold.....

 

Police Helicopters chasing snowmobilers who might be speeding? Not my tax dollars thank you. Have you seen the base salary for police these days? Real crime is up, complaints against police are up and has been moving upwards for years. If your unfortunate enough to suffer a crime the police rarely show up. Most of the calls to police are domestic issues and their track record has been pretty awful for deescalating  mental health related problems.

While this left wing defund the police NONSENSE is literally just that, your fooling yourselves if you dont see changes to the current policing budgets and methods coming, and coming BIG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I laugh at the send the healthcare workers instead comments made by the sleazeballs trying to seize the moments.

HC response "I don't think so". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I laugh at the send the healthcare workers instead comments made by the sleazeballs trying to seize the moments.

HC response "I don't think so". 

It seems to work in Hamilton.  A buddy here at work, his wife goes out with the police to do just that.  Not too many getting shot there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

It seems to work in Hamilton.  A buddy here at work, his wife goes out with the police to do just that.  Not too many getting shot there.

They think instead.  Good luck with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crispy said:

Real crime is up, complaints against police are up and has been moving upwards for years. If your unfortunate enough to suffer a crime the police rarely show up.

Bang on. My aunt was building a house and had restaurant grade appliances installed. A day later someone stole them, ruining the floors and flooded the house as they didn't bother removing water lines. No other trades were on site in that time frame, meaning it was most likely related to the installers. The cops didn't investigate a thing, say it happens a lot. Don't worry about it you have insurance. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Bang on. My aunt was building a house and had restaurant grade appliances installed. A day later someone stole them, ruining the floors and flooded the house as they didn't bother removing water lines. No other trades were on site in that time frame, meaning it was most likely related to the installers. The cops didn't investigate a thing, say it happens a lot. Don't worry about it you have insurance. 

That’s why you need a good alarm and a few cameras no doubt. Would be enough to deter theft, I bet if they knew ahead of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

That’s why you need a good alarm and a few cameras no doubt. Would be enough to deter theft, I bet if they knew ahead of time. 

 

We already PAY POLICE to protect and serve. They are bound by oath to investigate crimes reported and theft is MAJOR CRIME. But that would involve effort, effort that doesnt involve zooming around on sleds or helicopters or boats playing badass.

 

To be crystal clear here, the CORE issue is political problems that have been driven by the lefty policy swinging wayyyyy too far out. The OPP openly campaigned for relecting Kathleen Wynne which is ILLEGAL and hardly a person made a peep and the OPP was blatant that it was about raises for them and screw everyone else. I guess? Well now look at what is happening to the police? If you think their political support to LUNATICS is not the big teeth now biting them in the ars? Your fooling yourselves. Teachers, Fire Fighters, and on and on and on its coming for all of you people ( pun intended )

You simply cannot work with people whos political goals are to keep moving the goal post every time you get near. This is PRECISELY what Trudope and ALL of todays Liberals are doing and the NDP wants to go even harder with their great leap BS.

I know some of you here likely hate me for pointing this stuff out in previous discussions I remember the "shut him down" crap. Remember, Im posting this FOR YOU because if your Canadian? I want the BEST for you and todays liberals and NDP are the worst of the three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×