Where Did You Ride Today?

revrnd

Started at the bottom of the D201F and rode up to Hafway on Friday.

Up to the north warm-up shack @ Crossover Rd (that no-one knows aboot anymore) and back on Sat.

And then back to the truck on Sunday.

Made it home by 12:30 AM new time!

Pic 1 - Our playground

Pic 2 - Little finches (?) on my sled. Thought that it was cute 'till I found that one of them Schidt on my helmet. (!!!)

Pic 3 - Our playground - low hanging warrs.

Pic 4 - Never seen another track on this hill.

Pic 5 - Never seen this big'a waste flame @ Algoma Steel before. We could see the skyline several miles from the south.

DSCN2350.JPG

DSCN2351.JPG

DSCN2352.JPG

DSCN2354.JPG

DSCN2346.JPG

Edited by Ox
  • Like 6

Nice report. Thanks Baylaker.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blake G said:

Nice report. Thanks Baylaker.

We’ll be riding that area next year, just absolutely fantastic! One guy that was with us always rides north bay and had never rode Sudbury before. He says it’s way better than NB. 

Sudbury' s fantastic. Look at the loops. You can base there and do 3 different daily loops, with very little trail overlap. Northeast, northwest or south. And they groom, consistently.

Baylaker, cool pics. I was doing some GPS work dealing w/ the D12 area & was wondering about the lake trails there. Good to see the conditions were good for you. 

That looks like a bucket list ride.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 12:41 PM, Ox said:

Started at the bottom of the D201F and rode up to Hafway on Friday.

Up to the north warm-up shack @ Crossover Rd (that no-one knows aboot anymore) and back on Sat.

And then back to the truck on Sunday.

Made it home by 12:30 AM new time!

Pic 1 - Our playground

Pic 2 - Little finches (?) on my sled. Thought that it was cute 'till I found that one of them Schidt on my helmet. (!!!)

Pic 3 - Our playground - low hanging warrs.

Pic 4 - Never seen another track on this hill.

Pic 5 - Never seen this big'a waste flame @ Algoma Steel before. We could see the skyline several miles from the south.

DSCN2350.JPG

DSCN2351.JPG

DSCN2352.JPG

DSCN2354.JPG

DSCN2346.JPG

Hi Ox,

When you started from the bottom of the D201F, did you take ranger lake Rd. over to Domitar Rd. and park up there?  Did you take the powerline all the way up?  I know you don't like to run trails and with that sled you can go almost wherever you want.  Great pics.  I've been out there a couple times because Dan Senior told me about short cuts through the powerlines.  I know few put a track on the access road east from the shack.  Looks like you had a good trip.

Scott

Yeah, we parked down there.

We usually run the hydro, but the snow was DEEP!

My boy was having troubles with stucks on his 144, so we ended up heading back out to the trail before our gas got too low to make the haul and it got too late.

He needed to dump his jerry in @ Pee Wee Lake tho.

I think that he will be on my old 163 next year.

Ox, that flame is certainly unusual.  I know that even in the 70's and 80's that if there was a huge flame, there was a lot of MOE involvement and investigation.  This one is bigger than I have seen there in many years.  I expect there will be a story behind this one.

Short ride on Chandos to try out the new 'bars. 3416 klicks for the season. Brought it home, washed it & in the sled shed. Some more work to do.

20200318_141002-1.thumb.jpg.a8e2601ba6995a2bdd8d7d197d1d84d9.jpg

• Like 1

Northern Haliburton today.  At the cottage enjoying March Break

20200317_123200.jpg

• Like 1

Not riding anywhere today, except the lazyboy.  Time to catch up on some Clint Eastwood re-runs.

clint.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dan-Senior said:

Not riding anywhere today, except the lazyboy.  Time to catch up on some Clint Eastwood re-runs.

clint.jpg

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Dan-Senior said:

clint.jpg

That's good. A man's got to know his limitations.

• Like 4

Had a beautiful ride on the C206D loop today.

Had to pick up destination signs.

80 mile round trip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Had a beautiful ride on the C206D loop today.

Had to pick up destination signs.

80 mile round trip.

Do they go missing if you don't take them 'in' for the summer? 'Touch wood' we haven't had that issue.

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

Do they go missing if you don't take them 'in' for the summer? 'Touch wood' we haven't had that issue.

Frustrated hunters seem to like them.

We only pick up the destination signs and lake markets.

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

we had a few stop signs go missing this yr in mount forest area, the footprints come off the road,

Edited by ToSlow

3 hours ago, ToSlow said:

we had a few stop signs go missing this yr in mount forest area, the footprints come off the road,

How you know those people took signs? Maybe they stopped to walk their dog. I see lots of people doing that this winter and with thier backs to sledders walking down middle of trail.  

Edited by Strong Farmer

I only leave up the signs that are on private property in the bush that don't tend to be shot at. Other than those, I take em all down, billboard's too.

Here's this morning's little adventure on the A trail. It's been better, LOL.

IMG_20200325_130042605_HDR.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

How you know those people took signs? Maybe they stopped to walk their dog. I see lots of people doing that this winter and with thier backs to sledders walking down middle of trail.  

Why were sledders walking down the middle of the trail???

5 hours ago, ToSlow said:

We had the stop sign theft issue 10 years or more ago. It seems to have stopped or at least slowed to a seldom issue. There always seemed to be tire tracks where a vehicle had stopped and footprints around the stop sign post

2 hours ago, Crow said:

I only leave up the signs that are on private property in the bush that don't tend to be shot at. Other than those, I take em all down, billboard's too.

Here's this morning's little adventure on the A trail. It's been better, LOL.

IMG_20200325_130042605_HDR.jpg

Should have called Revrnd.  He knows a thing or 2 about swimming...:icon_munching:...

Thanks for your efforts all kidding aside. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Why were sledders walking down the middle of the trail???

We had the stop sign theft issue 10 years or more ago. It seems to have stopped or at least slowed to a seldom issue. There always seemed to be tire tracks where a vehicle had stopped and footprints around the stop sign post

:icon_munching:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

Should have called Revrnd.  He knows a thing or 2 about swimming...:icon_munching:...

Thanks for your efforts all kidding aside. 

:whatever: