Jump to content

OFSC Online Purchasing for 2018-2019


Blake G
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Got an email from one of our executive members who has tried to buy a permit for an undelivered sled & it was a no go.

 

The districts have had 'nicknames' for years D2: Central Eastern Area Snowmobile Region, D12: Sudbury Trail Plan, D14: TATA. 

 

For the geographically challenged, the numbers was probably better. I worked the D2 booth a few times over the years & had people pick up a map & look at the display & the map blowup behind us. They'll ask us where are we & I'll say Peterborough & Hastings counties. "Oh, we don't ride there" & they'll put down the map then walk to the next booth.

Use the vin for the old sled.

I used the one from my quad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, soupkids said:

Use the vin for the old sled.

I used the one from my quad

Sounds like a page out of my father's account substitution. Run out of money for a tool project, write a box car number for the account that the project costs could be charged to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

IMHO it would have shown more class if they had stopped after their statement and not included your post. They could have also pm'd you with their explanation on OC since they would have no way of knowing if you would see their Facebook post.

Agreed.  They could have blacked out his name and pic at least.  Someone on here ratted him out and was a shitty deal to put his info on FB

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Agreed.  They could have blacked out his name and pic at least.  Someone on here ratted him out and was a shitty deal to put his info on FB

Well I can say for sure it wasn't me.

I don't even know what is being talked about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Well I can say for sure it wasn't me.

I don't even know what is being talked about.

There was a post on FB by the OFSC that had a screen shot of what yamatario said on here.  They called him out on his post and basically said he is wrong and it was his fault.  I think they could have gone about it in a better way

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

There was a post on FB by the OFSC that had a screen shot of what yamatario said on here.  They called him out on his post and basically said he is wrong and it was his fault.  I think they could have gone about it in a better way

Yea that's horse manure on their part, acting like their the KGB or something.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

It would seem our federation leaders and staff are trying very hard to address rider concerns.

 

Bring on the new ITG, and bring on the snow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Permits ordered.  No big deal. Easy to do...:cool::icon_dance-cpatch:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

 

It would seem our federation leaders and staff are trying very hard to address rider concerns.

 

Bring on the new ITG, and bring on the snow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunday snow was a real teaser. More please more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

There was a post on FB by the OFSC that had a screen shot of what yamatario said on here.  They called him out on his post and basically said he is wrong and it was his fault.  I think they could have gone about it in a better way

I just looked at the OFSC Facebook page and they have a response to the problem but no screenshot or reference from/to Yamatario that I can see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I just looked at the OFSC Facebook page and they have a response to the problem but no screenshot or reference from/to Yamatario that I can see. 

I didn't see one either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

glad i checked, was thinking the postal strike affected my permit receipt. rec'd order confirmation when i ordered 10/18/18, no permits still. went to the ofsc website, looking into my account, rec'd abandoned transaction warning. went to my visa website, verified they (ofsc) charged me for the 3 permits (posted to my account paid 10/19/18). followed the directions, from the confirmation email, forwarded the email to   permits@ofsc.on.ca with a photo showing my visa transaction... waiting on a response. hope they get it straightened out. Ski

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I didn't see one either

That same response to the issue was posted on District 5's facebook site today at 2 PM and yes, they still call their page  OFSC District 5

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I just looked at the OFSC Facebook page and they have a response to the problem but no screenshot or reference from/to Yamatario that I can see. 

they pulled sometime this morning.  They had it up on their page when I made my comments here.  What's up there now is what they should have done in the first place

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2018 at 8:26 PM, gobills said:

Not sure what happened with your buddy.

 

It does work i just did it.  Maybe capitals might be what he needs to do.

 

 

I emailed him the 'process' afterwards. He messaged me tonight to say that it must've worked as he got a confirmation email.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, skidooboy said:

glad i checked, was thinking the postal strike affected my permit receipt. rec'd order confirmation when i ordered 10/18/18, no permits still. went to the ofsc website, looking into my account, rec'd abandoned transaction warning. went to my visa website, verified they (ofsc) charged me for the 3 permits (posted to my account paid 10/19/18). followed the directions, from the confirmation email, forwarded the email to   permits@ofsc.on.ca with a photo showing my visa transaction... waiting on a response. hope they get it straightened out. Ski

Could be held up by the anticipated retaliatory trade tariffs about to be imposed by the Trudeaux government in exchange for U.S. not lifting those on steel and aluminum after NAFTA II was signed. Hear they are doing the same thing with fishing and hunting licenses for those out of country, contemplating same for foreigners owning land, and especially for those from U.S. owning fishing lodges in Canada and not letting anyone but their guests on the lakes.....but that's just what I hear.....I could be wrong.

 

;)

Of course I am joking my good friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have asked this before on this board before and didn't receive any info on the subject, but is there anywhere online that the last seasons financials are available for viewing from the OFSC?   

I would have though that it would be the best interests of OFSC to have the years financials available for member viewing? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, snowman said:

I have asked this before on this board before and didn't receive any info on the subject, but is there anywhere online that the last seasons financials are available for viewing from the OFSC?   

I would have though that it would be the best interests of OFSC to have the years financials available for member viewing? 

 

There does not appear to be, at least anywhere clickable on the website. Are they handed out at the AGM? Shared with local clubs? Would the OFSC disclose/share if a formal request was made?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snowman said:

I have asked this before on this board before and didn't receive any info on the subject, but is there anywhere online that the last seasons financials are available for viewing from the OFSC?   

I would have though that it would be the best interests of OFSC to have the years financials available for member viewing? 

 

Someone on your club's executive will have, or at least know how to get that type of information

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ofsc financials will not be publicly available online. The ofsc member clubs can get the information in print form. (It was available at the ofsc agm in September.)

Edited by Blake G
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How is the trail permit shipped if you chose the $10.00 priority option . Canada post signature for receipt of goods , or by courier  ?  Also am I correct to assume that only the registered owner is able to buy the permit (example registered owner and name on the credit card need to be the same) or can I purchase  a permit for a family member ? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, northstar said:

How is the trail permit shipped if you chose the $10.00 priority option . Canada post signature for receipt of goods , or by courier  ?  Also am I correct to assume that only the registered owner is able to buy the permit (example registered owner and name on the credit card need to be the same) or can I purchase  a permit for a family member ? 

 

You can purchase the permit for another family member, I buy mine and my dads.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...