Non current new???

shawnj

Any idea on what they do with older non current unsold sleds?  I know a few years ago an aquaintance of mine had the availability to get a number of the Polaris Sleds that were brand new and about 4 yrs old for a heck of a deal.  

All I know is if the discount isn't equal to depreciation, then the buyer loses big time. I priced a few non currents this year and they were only about 500 cheaper then a new 2017. That is why they are sitting around, just because they are new and un sold, doesn't mean they don't deprecate. 

I was just kind of curious on what happens to even older sleds ( say 5 yr old models)  that were not sold.  Or, is there such thing, Im sure there must be.  Same as vehicles.  I can't see every single vehicle , sled, atv etc etc that was produced actually being sold.  Ya I know, useless topic but was just wondering, thats all.  

Many years ago I found a dealer with a 2 year old new sled.

i didn't end up buying it because it just wasn't a good sled to buy.  I would think most dealer know better than to keep new old stock, so they will offer the best deal on mom-currents to clear them out.  So I really don't think you'll find any older new sleds that anyone wants.

you will find some 2016 and a few 2015 but highly unlikely anything older, and as previously mentioned the depreciation will likely be higher than the discount

Back when I was in the market for a brand new 4 stroke on 2010. I had the chance to pick up a non current 2009. 

They were asking $2000 more vs a brand new 2010. 

I was also able to haggle for some extras and I bought new.. 

Apparently the dealer was trying to get back the money from sitting on old inventory. 

We had a Yamaha dealer in Sudbury a long time ago that would buy up Yamaha's non current dirt cheep and sell all levels they could get.

Keep in mind this was beforethe 4 strokes.

We saved in significant off list for each of the sleds when we bought the two new 2015's at the end of the season. The dealer picked up lots of left over factory inventory and was waiting for the trailer loads to arrive when we did the deal. Part of the savings was a factory rebate. 

My brother in law buys non current arctic cats and saves a bundle every time,i almost switched to ac ,well almost

I've got a bud that just picked up a new, non-current 2015 Viper RTX-SE for 12g's. 

Thought that was a decent price?

I bought a 2013 AC in March of 2015 and got a great deal. 

Capture.JPG  $10,000

You can always find deals if you spend the time looking for them.

8 hours ago, jimbob said:

I bought a 2013 AC in March of 2015 and got a great deal. 

The 2012 and 13 Turbos sat around at dealers until they discounted them severely to move them out.

Country Corners often has had 2 year old and some times 3 year old stock for sale in the crates but they definitely make a business of buying up the old stock from Cat and moving it at a good price.

There was a dealer here a few years back who was getting out of the business and they were selling off 4-5 year old sleds that were still in their inventory (likely what buried them). Most of your successful dealers won't let stock sit like that.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Cat offers dealers the sleds through this site. https://arcticcat.ove.com/shared_content/arcticcat/ArcticCat-QuickStart-Oct2016.pdf f you were to ask your dealer to check for good deals they could order you one. The deals get better with volume so if you have others looking as well you could do even better.

But then you would have to ride a Cat!!! :puke:

That green. I've seen it somewhere.  Oddly familiar :)

Ya I picked up my 15 Pro S Switchy non current for 12 all

in last year saved several thousand. 

That seems like a great price, AG. 

Wonder if, with this mild weather, deals are on the horizon. 

Western Canada weather is just as 'bad'. First World Cup skiing cancellation in Lake Louise in over 30 years. They usually have snow/cold temps at the end of November.

Just keep wishing to the snow gods. I'm about ready to sacrifice a lamb for a good season this year hahaha.

Maybe time to do the naked snow dance on the front lawn. Just be sure to tell your neighbours to draw their blinds. I can't see.... old man junk.... help.

Archived