Not a great weekend for volunteers in Owen Sound area

Faceman

I wonder what the ramifications would be for paint balling these azzhats......I am well aware two wrongs don't make a wright, but damn would it be fun, makin a mess of their nice stuff, lmao

firearms offence . I know a guy that got it 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some on this site who seem ok with trespassing on private property and unopened trails. Not this thread, but this site. They will not be riding with me.

Thats the attitude and stand we should all take as responsible snowmobilers. I will also add anyone with a Can or no permit...

Thats the attitude and stand we should all take as responsible snowmobilers. I will also add anyone with a Can or no permit...

Agreed.

Agree, no permit riding with a can riding on private property or closed you won't be with me or any of those I ride with

Entitlement sickens me 

I hear ya..been working with high risk youth going on 29 years....sad thing is its the parents that need the kick in the ass most of the time, not the kids....drove in this morning from New Hamburg and already tracks on closed trails....its just going to get worse in the next 10 or so years once these younger kids get older.....and yes, before some young guy starts chewing my ass out , I understand that people of all ages trespass...

I saw an ad on kijiji yesterday where a guy was selling his pass for $50 and then stated the reason. He said ofsc should reduce cost of permit and he's going to just ride without a permit because everybody else is...

There are some on this site who seem ok with trespassing on private property and unopened trails. Not this thread, but this site. They will not be riding with me.

X 2...well said, Blake.

Agree, no permit riding with a can riding on private property or closed you won't be with me or any of those I ride with

Not a tea-totaller by any means, but I would add that I also refrain from riding with those who need to imbibe while on the trails, or even at lunch.  No problem when the keys are away for the night, but sh!t can happen all too fast on the trails and we all need our full senses.  JMO

Not a tea-totaller by any means, but I would add that I also refrain from riding with those who need to imbibe while on the trails, or even at lunch.  No problem when the keys are away for the night, but sh!t can happen all too fast on the trails and we all need our full senses.  JMO

Pretty soon we'll have no-one to ride with ... no tresspassing, no pass-less sleds, no cans, no drinking while on a ride ... did I miss anyone ?   Oh yes, no Azzhats ...

Yup, it's a sad state of affairs for those who work their arses off and have people piss in their faces like that.  Which brings me to ask the question that is begging to be asked.

If you're going to volunteer, and set up trails and cordon off closed trails, etc., if you are truly passionate about what you're doing, would you not want to make a stand while the trespassers are going around you ?  Not everyone wants to stir the pot or get in harms' way I totally understand, but I gotta tell you ... if I'm the guy on the trail taping off a closed section, I promise I'm gonna tackle the first rider in the group right through his windshield.... Like, you can go by here over my dead limp body.... I'm not a violent person, I've said it before, but JESUS ... someone someday has to make these people understand ....

I rode the rail bed from north of Shelburne to Owen Sound yesterday, could use a little more snow but not really sure how you could lay that on the people who do a great job getting everything set up so i can go for a ride.

I thought the trail was in pretty good shape. Did see the groomer out on our way back south. Other than being cold and windy we had a great day. 

Very happy and thanks to all those that made it happen.

I don't have a can but man oh man seems like every machine that goes by does! And strangely the 2015 Indy 800 sounds like it has a can when all original

Pretty soon we'll have no-one to ride with ... no tresspassing, no pass-less sleds, no cans, no drinking while on a ride ... did I miss anyone ?   Oh yes, no Azzhats ...

Yup, it's a sad state of affairs for those who work their arses off and have people piss in their faces like that.  Which brings me to ask the question that is begging to be asked.

If you're going to volunteer, and set up trails and cordon off closed trails, etc., if you are truly passionate about what you're doing, would you not want to make a stand while the trespassers are going around you ?  Not everyone wants to stir the pot or get in harms' way I totally understand, but I gotta tell you ... if I'm the guy on the trail taping off a closed section, I promise I'm gonna tackle the first rider in the group right through his windshield.... Like, you can go by here over my dead limp body.... I'm not a violent person, I've said it before, but JESUS ... someone someday has to make these people understand ....

I guess you would prefer that the Azzhat was riding a Cat. That way you know he wouldn't be going fast enough to hurt you. Just kidding catguys!

I feel like that to Dennis. I did get in front of a guy on an ATV on the closed trail at my place one spring. I told him he was going to be charged with Trespass and he tried to run me over. I grabbed his mirror to try pull myself out of the way and unfortunately the mirror broke right off. He didn't even stop to get it back. I felt real bad.

I guess you would prefer that the Azzhat was riding a Cat. That way you know he wouldn't be going fast enough to hurt you. Just kidding catguys!

I feel like that to Dennis. I did get in front of a guy on an ATV on the closed trail at my place one spring. I told him he was going to be charged with Trespass and he tried to run me over. I grabbed his mirror to try pull myself out of the way and unfortunately the mirror broke right off. He didn't even stop to get it back. I felt real bad.

for two seconds?  Just glad you didn't get hurt

I saw an ad on kijiji yesterday where a guy was selling his pass for $50 and then stated the reason. He said ofsc should reduce cost of permit and he's going to just ride without a permit because everybody else is...

Post the kijiji add so we can send a lovely message to the jack-ass

I always consider myself a guest on the trails, just as I am in your country when I visit.  The fact I have a permit only allows me to ride on the trails when they're open.  It doesn't entitle me to trespass and it doesn't entitle me to criticize the hard work of the volunteers.   It entitles me to ride the trails that are open abiding by the rules of the OFSC.  Is it possible for a club to report this moron and have his permit revoked?

Post the kijiji add so we can send a lovely message to the jack-ass

Ad isn't there anymore

Denis..much detail was left out to protect the innocent B)

I always consider myself a guest on the trails, just as I am in your country when I visit. The fact I have a permit only allows me to ride on the trails when they're open. It doesn't entitle me to trespass and it doesn't entitle me to criticize the hard work of the volunteers. It entitles me to ride the trails that are open abiding by the rules of the OFSC. Is it possible for a club to report this moron and have his permit revoked?

Short answer is yes they can, however it requires just reason to terminate the permit/membership..

X 2...well said, Blake.

X3, Thanks Blake...

Not a tea-totaller by any means, but I would add that I also refrain from riding with those who need to imbibe while on the trails, or even at lunch. No problem when the keys are away for the night, but sh!t can happen all too fast on the trails and we all need our full senses. JMO

just because you're a total lightweight doesn't mean everyone is.

What a ridiculous society we've become. It's like there's zero common sense left.

sledjunk is not a lightweight

sledjunk is not a lightweight

Oh boy, I can't wait for sledjunks reply.  Seriously Blake you must be talking about his sled.

well gentleman.... i do have a permit.

i do ditch bang... i recently went ditchbanging with friend and we went right to the farmer and asked if we could park across from his farm.... he said not a good idea to be honest... we said no problem we will find somewhere else to ditch ride... he said well wait a minute.... park your trucks beside my barn... theres snow mounted up so you guys can use that as a ramp... the guy across the street is a funny old guy,

but you guys can beat up my ditch,... theres no stumps or culverts or things like that its all grass.... we were like YAY then next thing we knew he was on his YAMAHA SRX700 playing in the ditch with us!! what a awesome farmer he was...!

my point is... ASK and ya just never know what ppl will let you do if the trails are not open yet! needless to say we invited him on a ride with us on family day (NO PERMIT) farmer.

but family day is free permit weekend... so maybe he will come for a ride... he said i would love to.. the trail goes across my land but ive never rode it!

cant wait to ride with this guy! he was havin a blast in the ditches with us.

Ask and you shall receive .... sometimes ... :-)

Archived