2016 New Sled Thread

500ssman

that seems like a substantial draw.... I never thought it would be that high

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either did I. I was shocked when my visor quit working and I kept looking and low an behold another blown fuse. Oh well new sled this year so Ill see how this goes.

Either did I. I was shocked when my visor quit working and I kept looking and low an behold another blown fuse. Oh well new sled this year so Ill see how this goes.

Shouldn't there be something about power supply that comes with the helmet / visor

Here she is boys! Picked her up outta left over stock my first ever brand new machine. Stoked!

post-23019-0-15719900-1448207249_thumb.jpg

Nice looking ride... nothing like having a new sled rather than a new to you sled.... going through the break in can be frustrating though... limiting and varying your speed with a stretch of flat white snow ahead.

Oh yea from what I've read the break in on the Pro S isn't to crazy. First tank of gas has oil in it, computer enriches the mix for first 18 engine hours and just break the new belt in like you would on any new rubber.

Wow... for $36.99 that's a no brainer... simple easy, no improvising. I'd do that route for sure.

A no brainer would be for this to be standard equipment from all manufacturers!

A no brainer would be for this to be standard equipment from all manufacturers!

It would drive the cost down for the connection itself if it was on each sled but not everyone wants it. Not everything can be standard. I don't have a heated visor and likely never will. What convinced me was when out with a friend his heated visor quit and he had to ride home real slow on a very cold day. I've heard of others experience the same problem.

I would rather see mirrors as standard on a sled before a plug for a heated visor or perhaps a real windshield rather than the pimples you see on so many sleds today.

Here she is boys! Picked her up outta left over stock my first ever brand new machine. Stoked!

very nice sled,congrats

ok so its safe to go direct to the battery no fuse... wont that be a constant drain on the battery?

Sorry Back Sleddin, I was being fecitious about the advice being given. Should have worded it differently so it wouldn't be misinterpreted.

It would drive the cost down for the connection itself if it was on each sled but not everyone wants it. Not everything can be standard. I don't have a heated visor and likely never will. What convinced me was when out with a friend his heated visor quit and he had to ride home real slow on a very cold day. I've heard of others experience the same problem.

I would rather see mirrors as standard on a sled before a plug for a heated visor or perhaps a real windshield rather than the pimples you see on so many sleds today.

Each to his own but I wouldn't have a sled without a heated visor connection and fortunately it was standard equipment on my sled. If you ride the far north in -20 or colder you need it. Have found that most often issue is the cord from the plug to the helmet if there is an issue. We always carry a spare cord.

Problem with mirrors being standard IMHO is that everyone has a different opinion of what they want for mirrors. For instance if I had to buy a sled with the big arm mirrors off the handlebars, they would be the first thing removed. Different strokes for different folks.

well guys i have ran the wiring... i am still on hold about hooking to the battery... im gonna look into something behind the cluster or perhaps off of the grip warmers.... havent decided... 3rd option is, here MR DEALER can you put this in for me! lol

would like to avoid that but if i must.... i will.!

i had the sled on the snow today guys.... just took it for a rip around the yard.... inch and half wont hurt! a quick down and back is all i get tho!! lol so its back in the garage till we get some real snow!

i do have one question tho!!!!

when ANY of you go into reverse... and start backing up does your sled make a funny clunk sound... nothing major just enough to make me wonder... never having reverse before im not sure what to expect

Each to his own but I wouldn't have a sled without a heated visor connection and fortunately it was standard equipment on my sled. If you ride the far north in -20 or colder you need it. Have found that most often issue is the cord from the plug to the helmet if there is an issue. We always carry a spare cord.

Problem with mirrors being standard IMHO is that everyone has a different opinion of what they want for mirrors. For instance if I had to buy a sled with the big arm mirrors off the handlebars, they would be the first thing removed. Different strokes for different folks.

agreed... different strokes for different folks. I have the Bombardier Modular 2 and have been out at -29 and never had any fogging problems. The breath mask works extremely well, seals well and exhausts breath out the tubes and out the sides of the helmet with an absorbent cloth in the front for any condensation from your breath.

post-21351-0-93641300-1448212243_thumb.jpg

-29 was just plain cold and we didn't last long that day. I think -25 is about as cold as I want to go.

I also am a lot less worried these days with looking cool instead of being warm. I'm getting a set of muffs for each of the two new sleds which also have heated seats. It will be interesting to see the difference they may make especially for my wifes comfort level.

02SLED

my wife asked if the xrs seat was heated! lol what is it with these girls!

but seriously i think its a good idea... ya wont get soggy a$$ ive had this happen in the past!

i bought all FXR stuff so im gonna go with IM GOOD NOW!!

cant wait for the snow!

it may be premature but my 2 year old son wanted to rip the yard! so we did one down and back! sorry i had to share fellas!

02SLED

my wife asked if the xrs seat was heated! lol what is it with these girls!

but seriously i think its a good idea... ya wont get soggy a$$ ive had this happen in the past!

i bought all FXR stuff so im gonna go with IM GOOD NOW!!

cant wait for the snow!

it may be premature but my 2 year old son wanted to rip the yard! so we did one down and back! sorry i had to share fellas!

naw... not premature.... a lot will be envious.... if the little guy had fun... totally worth it for the smiles I am sure it brought. (not smiles for your son but you :D )

02SLED

oh ya im looking for snow now! friends of mine have had thier sleds out today! lol pulling the toboggin!

so im talking to them and maybe taking the sled there for a couple hours to check this thing out!

my son had a blast! and so did i!!!

dispite it being quicker then the time it took to warm up the sled! lol

it was totally worth every second!

guys im REALLY sorry i went to st marys ontario! and played in 3foot powder ditches! i know ditch banging is probly not much of the older guys thing but i had to say that, that XRS is a sweet machine! even tho its a short track!! she busted and stayed floating in the deep!

very happy with my decision!

Nice to see those new Polaris sleds.

Been pulling the white stickers from front of mine. Didn't care for all the white lines on front hood

post-19741-0-40591600-1448234273_thumb.j

X2 congrats!!

very nice sled,congrats

Nice ride 500!

Like you I got the FXR modular helmet last year, I found that on my sled I actually had to go up to a 25 amp fuse as I started with a 5,10,15,20 and kept blowing them all until I got to 25. Not saying that is going to be the case for you but just from my experience from last year, just so you are aware.

I suspect that there is something wrong.  20 amps at 12 volts is 240 Watts!  The wiring for most shields is not designed for that much current.  I suspect you have a partial short in the wiring or shield which is drawing the high current and recommend that you have someone check it out.

Brought our new rides home the other day.  And today I finally got a chance to take some pics, because it wasn't either raining or snowing heavily...so I thought I'd share a few of those pics.

Looking forward to the new season!

First, my Renegade Enduro 1200:

post-19727-0-96722300-1448307400_thumb.j

post-19727-0-29586900-1448307453_thumb.j

post-19727-0-76610800-1448307499_thumb.j

Second, Mrs. irREVerent's MXZ Blizzard 900 ACE:

post-19727-0-39856300-1448307593_thumb.j

post-19727-0-43970200-1448307633_thumb.j

post-19727-0-55191700-1448307680_thumb.j

WOW!

Nice tandem.

There are days when I think Ms. Canuck would love to trade up to an MXZ Blizzard 900 ACE 900 (she’s presently on a Vector). And I don’t mean ‘up, up’, Sledjunk. Just newer and lighter.  The Ace seems so efficient.

nice looking sleds,take it you have all the touring bags for back....

Archived