2016 New Sled Thread

500ssman

Yes also welcome to the forum BC! Glad you could finally make an appearance ;)

Also I finally picked up my beauty the other day giddy up! bring on the snow. post-23690-0-10443500-1448134168_thumb.jpgpost-23690-0-69372800-1448134247_thumb.jpg

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats SuperG!!

Looks great, just like Mrs Nunz's sled except you have the 800

You will love it!!

See ya on the trails soon I hope

Nunz

Thanks Nunz, looking forward to it!

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. As for the closet WOW wasn't expecting that so soon. Guess I should have used

better wording knowing some would jump on that faster than I'd jump on that beauty of a sled SuperG! Nice pickins.

hey guys!

im having a bit of an issue i want to hook up a heated visor to my 2014 xrs 800

i have the wiring that came with my helmet FXR modular

red and black wires... but where and what do i splice into.... any help would be great thanks guys!

by the way i dont want to buy the skidoo plug and play from the dealer! cheapskate!!!

hey guys!

red and black wires... but where and what do i splice into.... any help would be great thanks guys!

by the way i dont want to buy the skidoo plug and play from the dealer! cheapskate!!!

Pretty sure there will likely be an unused plug under the dash somewhere that has power only when running (check with test light)

and a ground (normally black) or you can ground to frame. Just need to dig in and find it. Someone with a similar sled onhere might chime in.

Or just trade it on a sled that comes with a visor cord plug standard.

If you have a battery can put the red on positive and black to a ground. If no battery might be a left over circuit like plc mentioned.

Beauty machine!! Love the All Black look!! U will love it.

Congrats!!

If you have a battery can put the red on positive and black to a ground. If no battery might be a left over circuit like plc mentioned.

I'm pretty sure unfused to the battery is a very good idea.

Thanks Aaron that's just the seat for now. The actual 2 up seat is back ordered from Polaris lol order something in April and it's still on backorder. I'll post another pic once I get the full seat on there.

Sharp looking sled Gobills.

ok so its safe to go direct to the battery no fuse... wont that be a constant drain on the battery?

ok so its safe to go direct to the battery no fuse... wont that be a constant drain on the battery?

I wouldn't wire anything without a fuse!!!  A 3 amp fuse should be sufficient for your shield and will protect your wire from becoming the fuse.  Also, if you wire directly to the battery, the plug will always be live and exposure to moisture (snow) across the plug will lead to rapid corrosion of the plug.  Ideally, you only want the plug live when the engine is running, but if you go direct to the battery, try to protect the plug from the weather when not in use.

SLEDJUNK

how can i do this so the plug is not always live. that tells me that it will be a constant drain.... anyways not happening!

so where can i go to that will not be live power untill sled is running...even at an idle

SLEDJUNK

how can i do this so the plug is not always live. that tells me that it will be a constant drain.... anyways not happening!

so where can i go to that will not be live power untill sled is running...even at an idle

Could see if there is any connections left coming off the voltage regulator. Hand and thumb wires are wired there.

SLEDJUNK

I am not an expert on 'Doo wiring, so maybe someone else can correct me.  My thought would be to connect to something that is only on with the engine running and the first thought that comes to mind is the headlight circuit.  I would expect that this would be relatively safe and could certainly handle the minimal draw from the shield.  You can get an inline fuse holder and attach it close to your source.

Make sure that you dress the wires so that they are not dangling into any moving or hot parts.

If you go right to the battery an inline fuse as suggested is a must. To avoid being on all the time a small toggle or rocker switch can be added. Put it on the dash and the connection

hey guys!

Why not take away all this guess work about where to hook your wiring in and install the BRP Heated Visor Kit.

Any BRP accessories I've installed have been easy. The instructions are always very easy to follow.

The kit if you look on BRP website says it comes with harness and plug in.

BRP Part Number 860201234 (CAN $36.99)

Welcome to the forum Backsleddin.

Why not take away all this guess work about where to hook your wiring in and install the BRP Heated Visor Kit.

Any BRP accessories I've installed have been easy. The instructions are always very easy to follow.

The kit if you look on BRP website says it comes with harness and plug in.

BRP Part Number 860201234 (CAN $36.99)

Welcome to the forum Backsleddin.

Wow... for $36.99 that's a no brainer... simple easy, no improvising. I'd do that route for sure.

Like you I got the FXR modular helmet last year, I found that on my sled I actually had to go up to a 25 amp fuse as I started with a 5,10,15,20 and kept blowing them all until I got to 25. Not saying that is going to be the case for you but just from my experience from last year, just so you are aware.

Archived