2016 New Sled Thread

500ssman

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old sled is gone and the 2016 Sport is now in the garage  with 0.1km and ready for the snow.

Sweet!!

Yippee!!!  We have both new sleds at our location now!!!  We are soooooooooooo excited.post-21220-0-61107600-1447569257_thumb.jpg

Double sweet. Congratulations.

A nicely matched pair. I look forward to your snow dust.

A nicely matched pair. I look forward to your snow dust.

when on a Poo you'll likely see a lot more snow dust than you would on a Cat :D

Somehow it doesn't seem to work that way with the Polaris riders I know.

The snow dust has settled before the other riders catch up

The snow dust has settled before the other riders catch up

:rotflmao:

Good one... nice to start the day with a laugh and a smile.

From last winter.

Man on Cat has to run roads to try keeping up with hooligans riding Polaris on the trails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBgHDJ527Ks

new to the forum as of 1120pm nov 15th.

just recently bought a new to me sled! 2014 XRS 800R friends of mine have had nothing but xrs sleds so thats what i went with! now if the snow would come that would be wonderful... anyways being back into sledding... where is some of the good places to ride?

just recently bought a new to me sled! 2014 XRS 800R friends of mine have had nothing but xrs sleds so thats what i went with! now if the snow would come that would be wonderful... anyways being back into sledding... where is some of the good places to ride?

Welcome to OC!  :)

Welcome to the Ontario Conditions site! This site is frequented by helpful people from pretty well everywhere in the province, plus quite a few Americans and Canadians from other provinces. We all share one interest: snowmobiling in Ontario.

My suggestion would be that you spend some time reading some of the previous threads - -  to get an idea of the types of things that have already been discussed. When I started here about three or four years ago, I actually went back to the earliest threads and browsed through almost all of them, right up to the present. It took a few days, and I am not suggesting you would want to spend your time the same way.........but it would be worthwhile for you to at least "browse" and do some keyword searches. You will get some good ideas and have a lot of your questions answered before you even know which questions you have.

Regardless of whether you take any of the above advice (thousands wouldn't !) you stand a pretty good chance of meeting some great people here and on the trails.

PS: We have a habit here of sometimes calling members by their initials....so look out. Forewarned. LOL

BackSleddin: I forgot to mention that you will likely want to become familiar with the OFSC Interactive Trail Guide, if you haven't used it in the past.

http://ofsc.mapbase.ca/viewer/?extent=-8927415.11939246,5582510.69913693,-8742371.27110437,5727369.91326677

welcome to the forum... the answer to your question about good places to ride is an easy one; wherever there's snow. Based on the question I assume you are going to trailer to a destination so there are a lot of variables.

what area do you live in

how far are you willing to travel - distance / time

are you going for a day or a weekend

do you want the winding trails through the trees or the straight ahead and get as many miles on as you can in a day

A great tool for planning is the OFSC interactive trail guide. http://ofsc.mapbase.ca/viewer/

Hold your mouse over the trail and it will change from a hand to a finger. Click on the trail and you can add it tell you all the information about that trail. Click add to route. It will now come  up highlighted and on the top tool bar my route will list all the trails, the distances and the total distance of your route.

For me I prefer the trails on the east side of Georgian Bay from the Midland area up to a bit north of Parry Sound and then east from that area.

If you're looking to explore some of the areas you are unfamiliar with Baxter Snow Riders (Port Severn) and Snowcrest (Gravenhurst) usually have group rides setting out Saturday.

mornings.

N.B. if you are riding with the Snowcrest group it is an added bonus if you like butter tarts. :D

02sled

thank you for the warm acceptence! we are willing to snow chase my wife and I..

i would like to show my wife the life i use to know! sledding!!!! we currently on have one sled but preparing for 2 new rides for next year! I have a friend in newbrunswick but he comes back home to ontario everywinter so staying there with him is not an option!

but gravenhurst and north of that im ok with! so i hope to meet some of you fellow forum riders! \

02sled

thank you for the warm acceptence! we are willing to snow chase my wife and I..

i would like to show my wife the life i use to know! sledding!!!! we currently on have one sled but preparing for 2 new rides for next year! I have a friend in newbrunswick but he comes back home to ontario everywinter so staying there with him is not an option!

but gravenhurst and north of that im ok with! so i hope to meet some of you fellow forum riders! \

Welcome to the forum, We are in the Huntsville area, hope to see you on the trails this winter, Great group of people on here with a lot of good information to share... Again Welcome...

Yippee!!!  We have both new sleds at our location now!!!  We are soooooooooooo excited.attachicon.gifIMG_3910.JPG

Looks great buddy!!! Where's Terry's windshield?? lol. Is he going for the racer look on his Adventure?...

BackSleddin, welcome to the forum.  BlakeG and 02Sled offered great advice.

Many times, impromptu groups will be formed on here for day or even weekend rides.  Lots of avid riders on here and are welcoming to other riders.

Enjoy and check back often.

Managed a few pictures... tough to get inside the trailer... bring on the snow.

post-21351-0-34696100-1447704167_thumb.jpg

post-21351-0-36476000-1447704176_thumb.jpg

post-21351-0-46700700-1447704188_thumb.jpg

post-21351-0-14533900-1447704200_thumb.jpg

awesome guys thanks! i will hopefully be doin a trip with my wife as soon as it snows! so do people post when they have snow in their area?

OPEN QUESTION!!

awesome guys thanks! i will hopefully be doin a trip with my wife as soon as it snows! so do people post when they have snow in their area?

OPEN QUESTION!

Pics, videos and anything else to make the rest jealous...lol

They look great!!! Here kitty kitty kitty......where do you keep the cat food in the trailer...lol

Managed a few pictures... tough to get inside the trailer... bring on the snow.

attachicon.gif005.JPG
attachicon.gif006.JPG
attachicon.gif007.JPG
attachicon.gif008.JPG

Nice Cats.

Archived