OFSC 2014-2015? What happens next season?

Grimm

Here is a twist... Good snow year mean more grooming which means more fuel and operating cost... So the better the year the more your permit is going to cost...

I'd pay more for another year like this one ;)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a twist... Good snow year mean more grooming which means more fuel and operating cost... So the better the year the more your permit is going to cost...

I'd pay more for another year like this one ;)

Here is a twist on your twist.... What about the years there was less grooming?

It will be very interesting how this new way of collecting and distributing permit dollars, paying clubs per hours groom will work out. With a super winter we just had the Ofsc was probably not counting on that when they introduced their framework of change. I think all clubs groomed more hours even the most southern ones.     

It is my understanding that FFC is in for 2 years as was presented at AGM of last year.  Or should I say "shoved down our throats".

It is my understanding that FFC is in for 2 years as was presented at AGM of last year.  Or should I say "shoved down our throats".

no there is more for thisyear after the results are analyzed 

i dont think a permit increase is not a big deal,,,,clubs cant keep losseing  money, thats why clubs close.

is there any clubs that make money,,, i dont think so or am i wrong ?

$20 or 30 dollers more is well worth it.. to me

For sure before amortization there will be clubs making money. The ffc is build so that every district get the same money for trail work and grooming hours. A clubs loosing money, year after year, it isn't about the money most of the times, there are other problems.

Thanks,

Greg

For sure before amortization there will be clubs making money. The ffc is build so that every district get the same money for trail work and grooming hours. A clubs loosing money, year after year, it isn't about the money most of the times, there are other problems.

Thanks,

Greg

There is not enough money in the pay by the grooming hour to cover major breakdowns 

Overall FFC is working ( so far) but as Bill pointed out, breakdowns set some clubs back big time this year. We broke down our financials and on the old system we would have been out of money for grooming by Feb 1. Also correct is the 10 percent permit sale increase doesn't cover the 100 percent grooming increase. I just wish this season would end!!!!

Don't see the regional permit happening and certainly, with this being an election year don't see the val tag increase going ahead.

Far more questions than answers.

You voted for it.

Yes the floor voted in favour and it was not that close.  It was " take it all or nothing and if you don't take it the sport will keep dying a miserable death"   Don't get me wrong,  I am in favour of freedom for change.

i dont think a permit increase is not a big deal,,,,clubs cant keep losseing  money, thats why clubs close.

is there any clubs that make money,,, i dont think so or am i wrong ?

$20 or 30 dollers more is well worth it.. to me

I would still buy the permit at the higher price and still believe it is a great value. There are lots out there that whined about it being too high and the $180 is what we got. Those same people that whined about the permit cost probably think nothing of dropping a $100+ on a night out.

There is not enough money in the pay by the grooming hour to cover major breakdowns

Sorry, don't agree. If every club get $72 for every km of trail and $65 for every grooming hour, you have enough money to keep the club going. Maybe not enough to pay the fuel for the heated shop and maybe not enough money to buy a new groomer but you can also buy a used groomer. If I see the difference in spending money at the 15 clubs on district 1, you start crying. As example the difference on admin cost is low $3000 and high $25000. Most likely you will see the same in other districts.

Thanks,

Greg

Here is a twist on your twist.... What about the years there was less grooming?

They where saving for a rainy day? LOL, hey didn't say I could explain the down years and price increases.

Sorry, don't agree. If every club get $72 for every km of trail and $65 for every grooming hour, you have enough money to keep the club going. Maybe not enough to pay the fuel for the heated shop and maybe not enough money to buy a new groomer but you can also buy a used groomer. If I see the difference in spending money at the 15 clubs on district 1, you start crying. As example the difference on admin cost is low $3000 and high $25000. Most likely you will see the same in other districts.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg, what club admin? I thought they were volunteers.

Thanks,

Greg

how many k of trail do you have?

Not enough money to support what we do

X2! Everything goes up each year, insurance, repairs fuel etc!

Thanks,

Greg

Natural corridor trails (over lakes etc.) only get $15/km. We also have to groom some trails with a Skandic and drag and do not get any money for that.

There is no way under FFC and without a substantial increase in permit cost that clubs can afford to groom for a lengthy season like this one.

I'd like to see the permit price go up some it's a bargain for what we get . When my carbides ( snowtrackers ) cost more than my permit somethings wrong , I don't need the carbides without trails to ride on . 

I put more in gas in two weeks then my permit costs for the whole season! Time for an increase for sure!

The same cheap selfish bastards that say the trails are not good enough 

Hopefully the freeloader weekend will be eliminated. If after this winter folks can't be convinced to buy a permit, nothing short of buying their gas will.

Archived