OFSC 2014-2015? What happens next season?

Grimm

Any idea what's happening for next season permit wise?  What's the price of a trail pass going to be?  Last year I heard that there were going to be regional passes and for those that rode large areas, a provincial pass, but that never panned out.   What's the word?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year I heard that there were going to be regional passes and for those that rode large areas, a provincial pass, but that never panned out.   What's the word?

I think that was a down the road idea, and not a plan for 2013-14.... most likely we will all be in the dark until the AGM in August or whenever it is.. I never was a fan of the way the OFSC keeps everything a secret until just before permits go on sale...  

I think that was a down the road idea, and not a plan for 2013-14.... most likely we will all be in the dark until the AGM in August or whenever it is.. I never was a fan of the way the OFSC keeps everything a secret until just before permits go on sale...  

IIIRC, at the 2012 AGM, that idea was proposed for this year under the Framework for Control banner, along with the Val Tag revenue and increased enforcement, etc.  After it was approved for further investigation, it morphed into a take it or leave it ultimatum for what we got.  I do not believe there was ever a proposal or mention of what would happen this year.

AGM will be interesting, to put it mildly.

I am guessing all permits will go up by about 20 dollars. That will get us back to where the pricing was 2 years ago! With the good snow this year early sales should be strong! I heard some clubs are losing status too, because they didn't sell enough permits this year. So overall kms of trail will be going down again.

I am not sure that a permit increase is a smart decision. So far we are up about 10% from last year and we have about $1,000,000 more permits money then expected. We don't know if it was the $180 permit who gave the 10% increase or the great winter. For sure it is both. Maybe it is smart to keep the prices for next year the same and then increase the prices. If we increase the price next season, we can lose again the 10% increase of permits we had this year.

Thank,

Greg

Greg, we haven't received our Grooming Hours cheque yet, it is in the mail.

What hourly rate did you receive?

I understand that every District may have a different calculation depending on how they agreed and budgeted for District expenses.

Brian - NBSC

Any idea what's happening for next season permit wise?  What's the price of a trail pass going to be?  Last year I heard that there were going to be regional passes and for those that rode large areas, a provincial pass, but that never panned out.   What's the word?

That would be an awesome idea!!! 

We can't decide anything on Trail Permit costs until the Clubs and District can properly assess their income and expenses.

Brian,

Overall, if you are up to date with the financials of your club, you must know your position. Yes we don't know exactly the July pay out but if will be close to the revised projections of March 15.

Thanks,

Greg

Brian,

Overall, if you are up to date with the financials of your club, you must know your position. Yes we don't know exactly the July pay out but if will be close to the revised projections of March 15.

Thanks,

Greg

We wait until July and then august for the spin doctors 

Regardless will be at kawartha sled o rama and get my permit from twin mountains snowmobile club as I always do $20 bux not getting me bitchin or keep me off the trails

Regardless will be at kawartha sled o rama and get my permit from twin mountains snowmobile club as I always do $20 bux not getting me bitchin or keep me off the trails

X2, after the season we have had how can anyone say anything about the price of permits...

The same cheap selfish bastards that say the trails are good enough

I think an increase is un avoidable, if we want to keep the system that we have.

My club sold nearly 5 times as many passes before Nov 1st then after. And when it comes to classics nearly twice as many sold pre Dec 1 then after. That's a lot of money off the snow. Hoping to see a moderate price increase for pre Nov 1st sales and a cap on the classic "age" at 1999. 

This year we have more money on permit sales then last year. If it was the snow or the $180 permit? I know for a fact that is was both! For us the snow brought more permit sales then the $180 permit. We, West Carleton went up from 608 to 806 permits. A great season. Of the other side, the grooming cost went up with $25,000. The 198 more permits gave us only $12,000. Oh well, we need good snow years to keep the permit buyers happy.

Thanks,

Greg

This year we have more money on permit sales then last year. If it was the snow or the $180 permit? I know for a fact that is was both! For us the snow brought more permit sales then the $180 permit. We, West Carleton went up from 608 to 806 permits. A great season. Of the other side, the grooming cost went up with $25,000. The 198 more permits gave us only $12,000. Oh well, we need good snow years to keep the permit buyers happy.

Thanks,

Greg

You are not factoring in the payment for additional grooming hours, just the added sales. that 12k will grow based on more grooming depending on how your didtrict distributes the funds.

You are not factoring in the payment for additional grooming hours, just the added sales. that 12k will grow based on more grooming depending on how your didtrict distributes the funds.

Not in our district. Our target grooming hours were 514 and we groomed almost 1000.

Thanks,

Greg

Not in our district. Our target grooming hours were 514 and we groomed almost 1000.

Thanks,

Greg

So what are you saying, no matter how many hours you groom the max you are paid for is 514?

So what are you saying, no matter how many hours you groom the max you are paid for is 514?

Yep.... We did the average hours of the last 4 years....

Thanks,

Greg

i dont think a permit increase is not a big deal,,,,clubs cant keep losseing  money, thats why clubs close.

is there any clubs that make money,,, i dont think so or am i wrong ?

$20 or 30 dollers more is well worth it.. to me

Archived