Road trip ...... delivery boy !

Techdenis007

I got to deliver a busted GSX and its owner from Hearst to Wawa tonight. 4 guys limped into town last night, and brought in the sled this am .... zero compression on mag side, aluminumunum on the plug. So while they were discussing their options I offered to truck the sled and owner down to Wawa where the truck is, they happily accepted.

They worked out a plan that'll keep them riding, one guy misses 2 days of riding, then the other 3 draw straws to see who gives up a sled for yesterdays' victim. Good way to get everyone some sled miles in, without scrapping a complete week of holidays for just one guy.

Andy from Wisconsin, if you read this, I made it home at 11:30 after dropping off the room key and refuelling the Ford, good drive home. Hope you finish the week of riding without incident and in good spirits. See you next year !

Denis, not sure if you read about our trip to hell back in '12 but my brother rode w/ a guy from D'ville to Timmins hauling the wife's sled (burned up jackshaft & bearing) One day for him. She rode his sled to Timmins (3 more days on the snow) w/ our buddy & me. My sled make it to Wawa w/ 2 shutdowns due to electrical gremlins (voltage regulator going bad). One evening in a rollback to get to Chapleau & the next morning the sled was on a trailer to get to Timmins.

The next day the last 2 standing rolled into Timmins.

Good to see you could help the guys out.

gotta love sleddin....fix em....ridem...fixem...ridem.....then i bought a yamaha!...........oh god what have i started! :hyper:

good on you denis!  Ski

Thanks.  They were glad to at least be able to continue riding, the guy yesterday is going to drive out to Timmins and meet up at post 392.  Then he'll ride while someone else drives the truck back to Wawa where they'll head back south in a coupla days.  Pretty good decision making process ..... the guy who broke down is out of the decision, as he should not be deciding the fate of the other riders, pretty logical.  

The other 3 are riding the Canyon today, then heading to Timmins to post 392.

Way to go, Denis.

We're in the midst of something similar, north of Manitoulin Island (Massey).

Buddy's 2008 Yamaha having a clutch issue. Off to Espanola with the assistance of someone from the motel (Mohawk).

4 keep riding until we join up with the 5th, who was hauled in on the back of a pick up truck.

:right_on: Way to go Denis 

When ZRTKAT&CREW are in Hearst next year we will meet up for coffee in the evening

:wavey:

Denis. And Greg .. Ditto for me as well..

:right_on: Way to go Denis 

When ZRTKAT&CREW are in Hearst next year we will meet up for coffee in the evening

:wavey:

Yuppers !!!

Denis. And Greg .. Ditto for me as well..

Nunz, have you been thru yet, or is it coming up ?

Denis, that is amazing! you drove over 8 hours to help out a random group of sledders. INCREDIBLE! Your new avatar could'nt have come at a better time

Denis, I've been and gone through.. It's was an amazing trip.. I'll post pics once I get to work Thursday.

Next time I'm in the area we will meet for coffee

quote name="denis007" post="155961" timestamp="1393435221"]

Yuppers !!!

Nunz, have you been thru yet, or is it coming up ?

Denis, that is amazing! you drove over 8 hours to help out a random group of sledders. INCREDIBLE! Your new avatar could'nt have come at a better time

Yup.  I love that avatar, it's on my Facebook too.  Words I live by, every single day.  I'd like to think that someone might consider helping me out like that if I was in a jam.  Someday it'll be my turn !

And it wasn't just for them, sometimes I need a change of scenery too ... this was a good day for it,  helped them out and saved them money - I asked for way less than it would have cost them for a towing call.  Nice group of guys, didn't get any contacts, but apparently they come on here from time to time.  Hope to hear from them again, good folks.

Yup.  I love that avatar, it's on my Facebook too.  Words I live by, every single day.  I'd like to think that someone might consider helping me out like that if I was in a jam.  Someday it'll be my turn

and they will, i'm a firm believer you get out what you put in in life

Nope, I don't do taxis, either end of them ... lol !  Had another guy from the same area today, gauges got all buggered up after his 600 carb overheated.  Gauges jammed, warning beeper going off steady, coupla warning lights on, that's it.   First time I've seen something like that get fixed from clearing the DTC's from the computer !  They were taking the train to SSM tomorrow, at least the sled won't have to visit a dealership when he gets it home.

Thanks Andre, maybe I'll cash in all my points at the Esso for a tank of gas in the 670 !!!

Way to go, Denis. We're in the midst of something similar, north of Manitoulin Island (Massey). Buddy's 2008 Yamaha having a clutch issue. Off to Espanola with the assistance of someone from the motel (Mohawk). 4 keep riding until we join up with the 5th, who was hauled in on the back of a pick up truck.

Good for you Denis!

Canuck,  Sorry to hear about your group's issues.  Is it related to riding with the parking brake on? :lol:

We met the boys that you helped at post 392 when they were doing a switch from car to sled,

no one wanted the car to bad,

Andy said he'd suck it up for the 2 days, knowing they were drawing straws to see who would ride, and who would drive  the truck back to Wawa !

Where is it that they park the truck ?  Cache Campground, or further South ?  My wifes' sister camped there for years (the Cache).

Archived