2013 OFSC AGM

Faceman

This year Markham. Next year Ottawa.

what date?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two weeks tomorrow OFSC President Brenda attends our District 11 meeting to bring us up to date on what the Framework for Change recommendations that are being brought forward to September's AGM.

Has anyone heard of any of the details as to what the OFSC Board of Directors is recommending?

There sure isn't much time to evaluate and make decisions but that is what we have to deal with.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to an Early, Early Bird Permit before November 1st and increased enforcement by Trail Patrollers with more authority.

The committed riders will jump all over a cheaper TP sold before November 1 but that just results in less revenue, particularly to the Clubs.

What have you heard? Please post when you get some solid info.

Where will the meeting be held?   Can anyone attend?  Is there an open forum?

Where will the meeting be held?   Can anyone attend?  Is there an open forum?

Akron, I asked the same question a few years ago. Where. When. Can anyone attend.

The answer then (and now) is that two delegates per club attend the AGM. I volunteered with the local club. In due course, was elected treasurer. O2Sled took a similar path, with the same club (Baxter).

I suppose that you could 'voluntold' with Luc's club or one of the northern areas you're familiar with. Buy a permit in the area you want to be active in.

No doubt that you speak for the saddlebag rider, and your voice should be heard.

There is a $250 fee to be a registered delegate which includes meals, coffee/refreshments and admission to the meetings and forums.

Registrant's badges are checked upon entry to meetings, meals, etc.

As Canuck suggested, the 'normal' route is for a Club to send one or two delegates.

Depending on your travel distance, the total cost with registration, rooms and travel can easily run $750 to $1,000+

Our Club is sending only one delegate with two votes this year in order to save $750.

It is a business meeting in large part with some learning sessions / forums.

Well organized and a big undertaking.  Now 2 days instead of previous 3.

Two weeks tomorrow OFSC President Brenda attends our District 11 meeting to bring us up to date on what the Framework for Change recommendations that are being brought forward to September's AGM.

Has anyone heard of any of the details as to what the OFSC Board of Directors is recommending?

There sure isn't much time to evaluate and make decisions but that is what we have to deal with.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to an Early, Early Bird Permit before November 1st and increased enforcement by Trail Patrollers with more authority.

The committed riders will jump all over a cheaper TP sold before November 1 but that just results in less revenue, particularly to the Clubs.

What have you heard? Please post when you get some solid info.

Brian, the District 1 meeting with the OFSC is scheduled for August 29th. All D1 AGM delegates are being encouraged to attend to hear first hand the recommendations. The meeting will also be open to other D1 club members if they want to attend.

Akron, I asked the same question a few years ago. Where. When. Can anyone attend.

The answer then (and now) is that two delegates per club attend the AGM. I volunteered with the local club. In due course, was elected treasurer. O2Sled took a similar path, with the same club (Baxter).

I suppose that you could 'voluntold' with Luc's club or one of the northern areas you're familiar with. Buy a permit in the area you want to be active in.

No doubt that you speak for the saddlebag rider, and your voice should be heard.

That isn't true, some clubs are sending more then 2 people o the OFSC AGM. But only 2 can vote. If I am right, also more people are welcome at the AGM but they aren't allowed to speak for the mike and also they can attend it on the Saturday for free but aren't allowed for the meals.

Thanks,

Greg

Heard they want as many peeps as possible at these district meetings coming up.......we had our first club meet last nite for the up coming season.....our D5 meet is coming Aug and we should know more.........maybe the handshake is up for a change :icon_lolsign:  

That isn't true, some clubs are sending more then 2 people o the OFSC AGM. But only 2 can vote. If I am right, also more people are welcome at the AGM but they aren't allowed to speak for the mike and also they can attend it on the Saturday for free but aren't allowed for the meals.

Thanks,

Greg

Sounds like a meeting of the "the good old boys club" you're invited but we'll do as we wish.  I understand I'm an outsider without an opinion that counts.  Obviously, I don't want to waste my time or money. but if there is any value in having my input, I'll attend.

Sounds like a meeting of the "the good old boys club" you're invited but we'll do as we wish.  I understand I'm an outsider without an opinion that counts.  Obviously, I don't want to waste my time or money. but if there is any value in having my input, I'll attend.

Only the delegates are allowed to speak on the floor, however, if you attend and are sitting with a friendly club delegate, you may be able to pass your thoughts along.  Or, as Canuck suggested, possibly they could add you as one of their delegates.

you know what, it is a federation of clubs, there are rules and regulations. Allot of people put the effort in to make it go around. Why don't you attend and tell the dedicated people face to face they are a "good old boys club". You should come out and see what a dedicated bunch of people look like, feel and see the passion they hold for this sport. Then come back on here and tell us what you think of the people that make up the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs. You are so far off base it sickens me. You think everybody is out to destroy your favorite trail. totaly not true.

Wildman is right and I'll give you an example from last year.

I and my Club members felt that the Classic Trail Permit should have an Early Bird Price on or before December 1st and a higher price thereafter, identical to the Regular Trail Permit.

I decided to bring a Motion to the AGM Floor with consultation from other Clubs and an OFSC staff member.

It unanimously passed on the floor of the AGM.

Change can be made in the appropriate forum.

the problems we are facing are highly complicated because no one yet has identified one or two simple fixes. 

The fact is there are so many factors, many beyond the OFSC's control (Weather, Gas prices, Insurance costs, Ontario's liability laws, Minority government that is paralyzed, the list goes on.

Unfortunately there is no easy or quick fix, if indeed there even is a 'Fix'.

Brian Baker - NBSC President

I'm rooting for the FFC as it was presented by the OFSC. They did their homework and It sounded as if the government was receptive to it. Now it depends how the clubs feel about it. I'd love to go but with a cost of over 1,200 bucks to get there I'm out!

you know what, it is a federation of clubs, there are rules and regulations. Allot of people put the effort in to make it go around. Why don't you attend and tell the dedicated people face to face they are a "good old boys club". You should come out and see what a dedicated bunch of people look like, feel and see the passion they hold for this sport. Then come back on here and tell us what you think of the people that make up the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs. You are so far off base it sickens me. You think everybody is out to destroy your favorite trail. totaly not true.

Sorry about your illness, but I don't think that I'm that far off base. I didn't say that they are "a good old boys club"  I said it sounds like one.  Doesn't it?   It kind of sounds like the distribution of the trail dollars.  No people - no money for you.  No people - no votes for you.  As far as attending the meeting to call people names; I'm not interested.  I'll attend only if I can provide some input from a tourist that likes spending disposable income in northern Ontario.   It doesn't sound like that type of activity is welcomed at this "meeting".   

Sorry about your illness, but I don't think that I'm that far off base. I didn't say that they are "a good old boys club" I said it sounds like one. Doesn't it? It kind of sounds like the distribution of the trail dollars. No people - no money for you. No people - no votes for you. As far as attending the meeting to call people names; I'm not interested. I'll attend only if I can provide some input from a tourist that likes spending disposable income in northern Ontario. It doesn't sound like that type of activity is welcomed at this "meeting".

Your right, it's does 'sound like' a good old boys club, and as usual some around here fly off the handle without reading the whole post and just see key words....

Some clubs are full of the good old boys, because those are the only ones who will come out and do anything to help. Money and weather are not going to kill our sport, in the long run its going to be lack of bodies...

As for your input as a tourist, I don't believe the AGM is a forum for your input. I've never been to one, but from the information that is posted back here about it, it's more of an operation meeting.

What your looking for, doesn't happen, at a provincial level as far as I know. The only suggestion I could give you is, put it in an email and send it directly to the OFSC.

Sorry about your illness, but I don't think that I'm that far off base. I didn't say that they are "a good old boys club"  I said it sounds like one.  Doesn't it?   It kind of sounds like the distribution of the trail dollars.  No people - no money for you.  No people - no votes for you.  As far as attending the meeting to call people names; I'm not interested.  I'll attend only if I can provide some input from a tourist that likes spending disposable income in northern Ontario.   It doesn't sound like that type of activity is welcomed at this "meeting".   

you are way off base, you don't understand the procedure and refuse to understand it, and or accept it. Can you walk right in the White house and express your outlook or do you have to go through a represenitive?

you are way off base, you don't understand the procedure and refuse to understand it, and or accept it. Can you walk right in the White house and express your outlook or do you have to go through a represenitive?

Wildman, stop and read the post a little more closely.

The statement wasn't a slam towards the way things operate, it was a question about whether or not someone from outside the system could offer thier point of view or suggestions.

Man is it winter yet? Some people around here haven gotten way too much sun this summer and I think it's started to effect thier abitly to maintain a social altitude.

Wildman, stop and read the post a little more closely.

The statement wasn't a slam towards the way things operate, it was a question about whether or not someone from outside the system could offer thier point of view or suggestions.

Man is it winter yet? Some people around here haven gotten way too much sun this summer and I think it's started to effect thier abitly to maintain a social altitude.

my reaction is based off far more then this post. that's all

my reaction is based off far more then this post. that's all

I get that... It just seems like everyone is flying off the handle around here lately and dragging the over all mood on the board down.... We are starting to sound like those freaks over at hardcore sledder ;)

I was thinking the same thing.

With the way the weather is going, we could be sledding by Halloween.

With the way the weather is going, we could be sledding by Halloween.

I don't get my sled out from storage until after halloween.......

I don't get my sled out from storage until after halloween.......

You better have your snow suit ready, cause you will be walking to the storage facility with snow shoes on! After such a wet summer, we are due for a killer winter!

You better have your snow suit ready, cause you will be walking to the storage facility with snow shoes on! After such a wet summer, we are due for a killer winter!

Ya i hope so, let the kids have halloween but old man winter can arrive anytime after that night.

Archived